Newcomer
Trophies
Website
drugs.x10.bz
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I have a PAL 3DS and I want to buy a game from ebay. But the game I want to buy is NTSC.
Will I be able to play the game? I read that 3DS is region-locked but not completely that's why I ask...
Thank You...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
for 3ds games and i think every dsi enhanced game (like pokemon etc), yes it is, but you can play any ds games.
so, you won't be able to play this game on your 3ds
frown.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no such thing as a PAL or NTSC 3DS, but if you mean are the games locked to the regions of Europe, Japan and the US, yes.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I am getting severe deja-vu from this thread, as it is near identical to a recent one.
NTSC and PAL are old TV styles, however games are still marketed as these for some reason. Region lock could have been implemented for any number of reasons, ie- to more accurately ascertain what is popular where, antipiracy, to stop companies making more money than the dev's by offering export/import, just to upset Rune Factory fans who can't import 4 from America when 3 still isn't out in the uk....
angry.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The 3DS is region locked for DSi Software and 3DS games. All DS games are region free.

@OP: PAL, NTSC and even NTSC-J are TV signals. They are normally used in home consoles which use the TV. The 3DS doesn't. That's why there's no NTSC for handhelds.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joshuatm said:
for 3ds games and i think every dsi enhanced game (like pokemon etc), yes it is, but you can play any ds games.
so, you won't be able to play this game on your 3ds
frown.gif
Not every DSi enhanced game. Only the japanese version of Pokémon Black/White is region locked, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho