NTRBoot Released!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lia, May 31, 2017.

1. xXxSwagnemitexXx

xXxSwagnemitexXx The person who asks n00b questions

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Oh yeah, I just skipped through it all because I had read about the magnet somewhere else and it didn't mention the specific carts, so I was wondering if it would work with any carts.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Another question, if your DS hasn't been bricked, when do you hold down the buttons

2. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    So, it's out :D Does it support N2DS XL?

3. xXxSwagnemitexXx

xXxSwagnemitexXx The person who asks n00b questions

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Yes

Disco likes this.
  4. ilyIzzy

ilyIzzy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Gonna try with the R4i 3DS "R4i Gold" (Revolution for DS) Non-RTS) from r4ids.cn for shits n' giggles. Got nothing to lose.

It worked!

[​IMG]

If any of you have this (Rev. C) it'll work (Dumped and Injected with zero faults). I just don't have a stock 3DS laying around to go any further.

Last edited by ilyIzzy, Aug 13, 2017
  5. Ashachu123

Ashachu123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Italy
    probably a bit off-topic but 12 hours after making my payment the status isn't "payment received" yet and I'm getting worried a bit :\

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    It's done manually, so you have to be a bit more patient compared to most places.

Ashachu123 likes this.
  7. Ashachu123

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Italy
    does it matter if the email in my paypal account isnt the same as the one I used to register to nds-card? the info is the same tho

8. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Maybe? You could always send them an email.

9. HackerBoy0412

HackerBoy0412 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Works that Card?

Attached Files:

10. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Wow you guys never cease to amaze me.... "Does my card work?" Even though it's clearly not listed as compatible. "Oh well, I'll just try it anyway!" Lol Why? It's not like it's magically going to work when it hasn't been programmed to. Most flashcards are read-only, hence why in the months prior to release it was believed only the Acekard 2i would be supported.

Also, it's better than DSiWareHax for a few reasons IMO:
    1. It's relatively permanent. You can install the hax on one flashcard and use it on many many consoles back to back.
    2. You don't lose an NNID, nor have to wait 7 days for a transfer if you did have one you wanted.
    3. You don't have to wait 7 days to perform the hax again/Pay for DSiWare each time.
    4. You don't need a second console after *hax* is flashed to the card.

Which brings me to another point. How are some of you complaining about the fact you need a flashcard and a console with CFW already? Half of you knew it was coming or were following the WIP threads, and still act like you didn't know? You guys have had MONTHS to either buy a cheap 2DS to hack and install it, or at the very least save up money for a flashcard and a powersaves (sorry you can't install it day one but seriously, it's not the end of the world). I guess if those of you that were SO hyped actually did some research when it was being talked about, you'd have known what you needed. I guess people get all excited and get tunnel vision and just see/hear/read what they want to and omit everything else..... Meh

More on topic. I'm glad this is released finally, now I can attempt to unbrick a few of these o3DS' I've had lying around forever and gift them away. :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It doesn't, at least not yet. Sorry mate.

Lush and lonewolf08 like this.
  11. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    I ticked the payment made box on my order and I emailed them aying I made a payment and they shipped it out the same day. Now, granted, that was in June, I presume they are getting ALOT of orders atm so there would be delays.

Ashachu123 likes this.
  12. Ashachu123

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Italy
    yeah, I did tick that box too as soon as I made my payment but I'll wait a bit and eventually email them

13. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    You said you used a different PayPal email that the one on your account there, they probably check that. Best to email asap to explain your situation.

Ashachu123 likes this.
  14. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Is it this card?

[​IMG]

Is it this card?

[​IMG]

If not, then no, most likely not.

15. tivanh
    This message by tivanh has been removed from public view by Minox, Aug 13, 2017, Reason: Flaming.
    Aug 13, 2017
  16. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Sorry but IMO people deserve to be chastised for getting defensive over avoidable ignorance; or at the very least instructed. If you ask a dumb question, you're going to get an even dumber answer.

lonewolf08 likes this.
  17. wii94

wii94 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    is this acekard 2i compatible with this hack?

[​IMG]

18. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Yes

19. ganjam0n

ganjam0n Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    using the latest version of ntrboot, has anyone here succesfully restored their acekard 2i from the dump it makes, i just want to make sure you can return the card back to normal, thanks.

20. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    There already was a pull request yesterday, and I will have the compatible FIRMs in the next release. For now it's compile yourself.

linuxares, KuroGentei and RustInPeace like this.
  21. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Question:
    I accidently deleted my AK2i backup, can i flash any backup from somebody else with the same card to it?

(It's an old AK2i with the chip bulbing a bit in the middle)

Other question:
    Does the AK2i (HW-44) needs a SD card in it to be used for flashing (on the source N3DS) and to perform the boothack on the target N2DS?

Last edited by DjoeN, Aug 13, 2017