NTRBoot Released!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lia, May 31, 2017.

1. sausbaus

sausbaus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    Having difficulties with a blue screen brick (00000400, "NAND not found error"). Attempted a hardmod downgrade on a JP New 3DS (small one) almost half a year ago and got a brick when I wrote to the NAND. Trying to restore my unmodified NAND backup didn't fix it and I figured it was done for.

I have ntrboot setup on an AK2i HW81 now. I no longer get the bootrom error while performing the exploit, but I can't seem to load any FIRMs. It'll stay on an un-lit black screen until I either pull the battery or hold the power switch. I've triple checked that all the correct files are in the right place, tried a different microSD, tried using different FIRMS, re-flashed my AK2i on two different consoles, and even went so far as to disassemble the system again to see if anything was out of place or if there was any noticeable board damage. Not sure at this point if it's a random issue with ntrboot_flasher or something with the hardware itself.

Anyone have any ideas?

Quantumcat likes this.

2. luigismentor

luigismentor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Well, crap. Any idea when they will be? Sure, I could use the DSiware method (my brother's 3DS has CFW with a legit copy of Zelda Four Swords), but I don't want to lose my data on the Sun/Moon demo.

3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    When someone reverse-engineers the cart and codes in support for it. I don't think it's specifically being looked at.

4. Bateees

Bateees Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    United States
  5. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
  6. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    So those with 1 console only I.e. 2DS XL can't use ntrboot?

7. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The r4i-sdhc.com card almost certainly is not. The Acekard 2i should be fine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sure, you can use it, if you happen to have a flashcart with ntrboot flashed to it already. There is not currently a method of flashing ntrboot to a cart without a CFW 3DS though.

8. Bateees

Bateees Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. Purchasing now. :)

9. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I don't understand the question. You use this to install b9s. You then switch the b9s boot.firm with the latest nightly of luma3ds boot.firm, with the starter pack on your card and optionally .3dsx version of FBI. Then you boot into your luma, open an app (like health&safety), then use Rosalina to set it to HBL. Close the app (H&S in this case) and reopen it. It'll be HBL that opens. There's your homebrew. FBI to install stuff (and if it yells at you when installing, enable arm9 patching in luma settings. Not sure about that since I'm not unfortunate enough to be in that environment).

EDIT: Ok, now I see. You're not able to get the flashcart setup at the moment BECAUSE you don't have homebrew already. I feel for you. Eventually, I'm pretty sure there will be an updater file for a card or two. It'll be a good wait though (using a card's built-in updater method).

Last edited by urherenow, Aug 13, 2017
  10. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Good to see that the R4 SDHC Dualcore will be supported as I have the RTS lite one (2013) and they're identical.

RustInPeace likes this.
  11. Danitzhu

Danitzhu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    Venezuela
    R4 revolution (original) not support with this method?

12. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    How did you manage to pass the BSoD? I can't trigger the ntrboothax, when powering on the system goes straight away to BSoD but not sleeping.

13. Bateees

Bateees Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    United States
    Hopefully by next week I will be able to repair my 3DS. I was in the middle of hacking my 3DS successfully downgraded to 2.1 when the 3dsguide changed conforming to bootstrap9 no longer using the armloaderhax. for some strange reason the 3dsguide website to install on the 2.1 firmware would not work so I had the really stupid idea of using my super smash bros cartridgeto update the firmware back to 11.2 and start over using bootstrap9. Anyway the smash bros cartridge update caused a rare frankenware brick. I cannot open any apps. The cartridge slot does detect games but you can't open the game since it is an app slot. I tried updating to 11.5 in recovery but it fails at 70%. I tried for about 2 hours and gave up. The ntr really is my only hope besides a soft mod. Here is a video:

14. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Is the 2016 Gold RTS identical as well?

15. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    would a r4 rts 3ds from www.r4i-sdhc.com work with this? I have a acekard 2i HW88 but i would rather not use it in case i brick it.

heres a picture of the r4

Warning: Spoilers inside!

16. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
    No.

17. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    The carts from r4isdhc.com are identical. If you are talking about the one in the OP, then that one already works with NTRBoot.

RustInPeace likes this.
  18. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I look forward to that then, I have a 2015 version. I never even really tried it out, to see if it actually has RTS or something. Kind of would come in handy in certain Pokemon playthroughs.

Something I'm not clear on and would like confirmation. Is unbricking basically just installing CFW on the bricked console with a set-up and compatible flashcart?

19. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    It's either restoring an old backup nand or doing a ctrnand transfer if you don't have a backup (using ntrboot). Then you install cfw when it boots properly.
    Basically.

RustInPeace likes this.
  20. ichidansan

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    United States
    so I have an R4i but it doesnt have the RTS on the sticker, im assuming that I cant use this card?