zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Heh, this looks almost exactly like my beta version :P

(except the r4igold part didn't work, just ak2i)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how long it will be before shops start carrying pre-flashed carts for sale.
Probably not too long, but since the R4i runs on the latest 3ds firmware it won't be necessary once someone writes a .nds mode flasher/updater for it. Also, you might be interested in this: "If you have a cart you would like supported and have the knowhow for debugging/reverse engineering a flashcart, please come find one of the devs in #Cakey on freenode or submit a feature request."

Thanks mate, guess I'll wait it out for a while then.

The R4i gold 3ds RTS is a great cart on it's own and worth getting if all you have is a DSTwo since the DSTwo is a huge battery hog whenever it is inserted. You can even set your SD card up for dual booting and while RTS saves aren't cross compatible, regular saves are.

Reactions: ItsKipz

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not too long, but since the R4i runs on the latest 3ds firmware it won't be necessary once someone writes a .nds mode flasher/updater for it. Also, you might be interested in this: "If you have a cart you would like supported and have the knowhow for debugging/reverse engineering a flashcart, please come find one of the devs in #Cakey on freenode or submit a feature request."

The R4i gold 3ds RTS is a great cart on it's own and worth getting if all you have is a DSTwo since the DSTwo is a huge battery hog whenever it is inserted. You can even set your SD card up for dual booting and while RTS saves aren't cross compatible, regular saves are.
I can 100% personally vouch for the r4i gold 3ds rts as i have one, 10/10 cart compared to my old dstwo

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I can 100% personally vouch for the r4i gold 3ds rts as i have one, 10/10 cart compared to my old dstwo

The only thing that is missing is the cheat searcher and in game guide functionality. Which is why I set my SD card up for dual boot and still have the old DSTwo in my 3ds case.

hedgeberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, wait for DSTWO support or go and buy a cart yet again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured I would make an account to answer this exact question. It depends on timetable. Right now we're unsure how long scds2/2p or r4 sdhc would take. Noone on the team has an r4 sdhc and scds2p is a surprisingly complex little machine. Spent more than 8 hours looking at a single logic capture.

Basically, if you have the money and are worried about time, grab the cart. If you don't have money or you're willing to be more patient, by all means.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1