CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
So, the consensus is to simplify plugins to contain only information not contained in the RVL XML plus URL and Name for autodownload and change the backend to Riivolution XML parser while keeping the user options the same? I know I can do that... Oh, and add the Messages pack. One thing I'm fighting with in my mind is disk ID, right now we have SMN compatibility down to the release version, this will be tricky to retain with the XMLs running the show and expanding to "Riivolution Disk Image Maker".

Reactions: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the consensus is to simplify plugins to contain only information not contained in the RVL XML plus URL and Name for autodownload and change the backend to Riivolution XML parser while keeping the user options the same? I know I can do that... Oh, and add the Messages pack. One thing I'm fighting with in my mind is disk ID, right now we have SMN compatibility down to the release version, this will be tricky to retain with the XMLs running the show and expanding to "Riivolution Disk Image Maker".
Is it possible to make an ISO of a game with just those things? As far as I can tell, most of the missing information is related to changes people have made themselves, like the save editing and such. If that's the case- couldn't we make another file that is parsed which contains additional settings for known Riivolution XMLs/Games?

Ie, program asks what you wanna do, you choose to load the Newer SMBW XML, it parses it, if "NewerSMBW" then "Additional Options Menu" and gives you listings for options contained it another- pre-packaged "options.xml"?

Might be more trouble then it's worth, having something that can turn riivolution patches into ISOs, free from any custom scripting is already worth a lot. Means people can ditch riivolution entirely and use USB Loading (As long as you have the spare space to accommodate multiple ISOs.)

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
From my experience working with this project, the plugin will have pre-defined values for modName, saveName, URL, saveBanner, Messages, and ID variants. Fairly small compared. As far as release-level disk identification, the XMLs don't list that so either I need to drop the compatibility, or I need to rework the detection and keep the compatibility line in plugin. A plugin will not be required for basic XML parsing, but you will have to manually change DiskID, etc.

P.S. By release level I am referring to USAv1, etc. Will still have E/P/J... region level either way.

@CheatFreak47 I had to jump through several hoops to deal with XML and don't want to change my native format to XML, though I am willing to take suggestions for layout of plugins for the future. I.e. something like bbCode could work ( [tag] )

Last edited by CaseyOmah,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience working with this project, the plugin will have pre-defined values for modName, saveName, URL, saveBanner, Messages, and ID variants. Fairly small compared. As far as release-level disk identification, the XMLs don't list that so either I need to drop the compatibility, or I need to rework the detection and keep the compatibility line in plugin. A plugin will not be required for basic XML parsing, but you will have to manually change DiskID, etc.

Well, if we're changing the focus of the program to be a Riivolution Image Maker- we could probably drop the URL field, if people are downloading this, they probably already have the Riivolution patch itself along with the XML and files.

Mods/Patches that don't have plugins- when building the disk, the Builder pretty much has to at least give you the option of changing the ID right then. The ID practically needs to be different from the original game for most USB Loaders as is, because most loaders use the Game ID to grab the title info from a GameTDB listing, and bind their per-game settings files and other related cache items to the GameID, rather then the file itself. Basically, multiple game's with the same ID can cause pretty ugly conflicts. Conflicts that are so ugly, that I would recommend that if a user chooses to enter nothing at all when they're prompted to change the ID, we simply use something else entirely. My recommendation for default ID's for games without plugins would be something like RIBXXX, where XXX is the last 3 letters of the mod name. (RIB standing for Riivolution Image Builder)
At the very least- still make sure the user building the ISO knows they really should be putting in some kind of custom ID or it could cause issues with their USB Loader.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
@CheatFreak47 I definately agree in principal on your suggestion. I'm not sure if the last two digits of the ID6 NEED to be numbers, but the specification states they are. So maybe RIBa## where a=0-Z and #=0-9 using incrementing counter. So first "anonymous" image would be RIB000 and last would be RIBZ99. That would allow for 3600 images.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CheatFreak47 I definately agree in principal on your suggestion. I'm not sure if the last two digits of the ID6 NEED to be numbers, but the specification states they are. So maybe RIBa## where a=0-Z and #=0-9 using incrementing counter. So first "anonymous" image would be RIB000 and last would be RIBZ99. That would allow for 3600 images.
That would be pretty good. Especially because Unspecified Game ID's when found in loaders will usually grab the title info from the disc as a fall back when it can't find it in the gametdb.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Just so you (all) know, my schedule is much busier (compared to earlier releases), and this will be another complete rewrite, so at this point I can't/won't give an ETA. But I will again offer a stopgap of writing and releasing Patcher 1.7 (Messages update) before writing RDIB/RIB (should I drop the word "disk"?)

Likes on this post I'll take as votes for Patcher 1.7 before Builder.

@CheatFreak47 of coarse I will not allow input of exact image used for gameID when specified.

Update: So it looks like I'm going to build a 1.7 update before writing RIB per voting. I'm trying to get back into it and get started, but my schedule is still hectic.

swallis7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by swallis7,

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you make the ISO Builder work with "Remixed Super Mario Bros Wii"
http://rvlution.net/thread/3645-remixed-super-mario-bros-wii/

and "DarkUmbra SMB Anniversary Edition"
http://rvlution.net/thread/2232-darkumbra-smb-anniversary-edition/

as they both have a full set of new levels in them?

Thank you for this great tool!!
DarkUmbra's Anniv Ed was on my list of updates to do before I decided I'm going to discontinue support for the Builder after the 1.7 release and upgrade it to Riivolution Image Builder. If you want to make your own plugin for Patcher the spec is Here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994 If you have any issues with the format feel free to message me here or at same user on gmail.

P.S. If you do make them please post a link to the Plugin Module here so others can enjoy.

Update: I really have been primarily having an inertia issue with my updates, I should be able to push 1.7 this week if I can get myself on track, I'm just really procrastinating on it... I know 1.7 is a day or two of hard coding.

I may change my mind about future support even after making RIB, as writing the Plugin Modules is easy, just would need some interest shown in continued support for the original... Also I think a rename is in order for the original project, as it is a very long acronym.

So, let's make upvotes on this post be continued support for the original project's Plugin Module format (and possibly making RIB compatible with those modules.

Update2: I finished making the engine changes for messagesPatch, I need to add a line to the plugin files. Format will be messagesPatch=src1:dest1;src2:dest2:...srcN:destN parsed the same way as Lang, including the escape codes.

Update3: I realize I renamed some of the directories of the messages pack, in order to write these plugins compatibly with the package I need a new copy. Would someone link me? v1.07 is ready except for that. ( core file can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/z34yzcvx24fhek4/Build_ISO.bat )

ochentay4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DarkUmbra's Anniv Ed was on my list of updates to do before I decided I'm going to discontinue support for the Builder after the 1.7 release and upgrade it to Riivolution Image Builder. If you want to make your own plugin for Patcher the spec is Here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994 If you have any issues with the format feel free to message me here or at same user on gmail.

P.S. If you do make them please post a link to the Plugin Module here so others can enjoy.

Update: I really have been primarily having an inertia issue with my updates, I should be able to push 1.7 this week if I can get myself on track, I'm just really procrastinating on it... I know 1.7 is a day or two of hard coding.

I may change my mind about future support even after making RIB, as writing the Plugin Modules is easy, just would need some interest shown in continued support for the original... Also I think a rename is in order for the original project, as it is a very long acronym.

So, let's make upvotes on this post be continued support for the original project's Plugin Module format (and possibly making RIB compatible with those modules.

Update2: I finished making the engine changes for messagesPatch, I need to add a line to the plugin files. Format will be messagesPatch=src1:dest1;src2:dest2:...srcN:destN parsed the same way as Lang, including the escape codes.

Update3: I realize I renamed some of the directories of the messages pack, in order to write these plugins compatibly with the package I need a new copy. Would someone link me? v1.07 is ready except for that. ( core file can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/z34yzcvx24fhek4/Build_ISO.bat )
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. Hows the project going?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since @CaseyOmah seems to be MIA, I updated my old fork of Mod ISO Builder to work with Newer 1.2.0 and rehosted it on a less crap site.

https://mega.nz/#!Qkc3ULJZ!jFe7scdWLRlVetAcAuWsf-oeTvyGsrzvjqqlDjJCptg

There's a link for anyone interested.

Everything is the same as before but my version string patch is now updated for Newer 1.2.0 and a small tweak was made to the batch to fix a minor issue with the version string on the controller screen.
  1. Extract 7z somewhere on your computer
  2. Place ISO of NSMBW in that directory
  3. Place the Riivolution and Mod Folder in that directory
  4. Run Build_ISO_Patched.bat and specify the desired settings and requested information
  5. Confirm your choices and wait for the ISO to build
  6. Run ISO/WBFS in Dolphin or a Wii USB Loader as desired

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

ochentay4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since @CaseyOmah seems to be MIA, I updated my old fork of Mod ISO Builder to work with Newer 1.2.0 and rehosted it on a less crap site.

https://mega.nz/#!Qkc3ULJZ!jFe7scdWLRlVetAcAuWsf-oeTvyGsrzvjqqlDjJCptg

There's a link for anyone interested.

Everything is the same as before but my version string patch is now updated for Newer 1.2.0 and a small tweak was made to the batch to fix a minor issue with the version string on the controller screen.
  1. Extract 7z somewhere on your computer
  2. Place ISO of NSMBW in that directory
  3. Place the Riivolution and Mod Folder in that directory
  4. Run Build_ISO_Patched.bat and specify the desired settings and requested information
  5. Confirm your choices and wait for the ISO to build
  6. Run ISO/WBFS in Dolphin or a Wii USB Loader as desired
Thanks!!!

Hurlburt7x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oji Thank you for your report.
1. Did you run the update? "Working folder" version is still 1.05 so it offers the full release. If you ran the update I'll fix that.
2. Koopa Country banner is not on the banner Dropbox, I do not manage that resource.
3 & 4. Looks like I have a typo in the wit copy command, I'll check that against release.
I'll look into these issues in detail when I get home.

hi it looks like a lot of these mods are no longer available for download. does anyone have the already made wbfs files i can download. i do own a legal disc of nsmbw just want to use usbloader gx and cant find all the wbfs files to download thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Generated ISO has Header GameID of:

Mod Name GameID AltID

Another SMBW: SMN.05 KMA.05
AwesomerSLM: SMN.02 KML.02
Cannon SMBW: SMN.04 KMD.04
Epic Super Bowser World: SMN.08 KME.08
Newer Holiday Special: SMN.07 KMH.07
Koopa Country: SMN.10 KMK.10
Newer SMBW: SMN.03 KMW.03
Retro Remix: MMR.09 KMR.09
Newer Summer Sun: SMN.06 KMS.06

I see you still only need 2 banners (red ones) all the others are already available for all regions
I'll try you have'em finished today if I have time :)

hi, it looks like a lot of these mods are no longer available for download. does anyone have the already made wbfs files i can download. i do own a legal disc of nsmbw just want to use usbloader gx and cant find all the wbfs files to download thanks.Would really like to try these mods, thanks

Hurlburt7x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi it looks like a lot of these mods are no longer available for download. does anyone have the already made wbfs files i can download. i do own a legal disc of nsmbw just want to use usbloader gx and cant find all the wbfs files to download thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi, it looks like a lot of these mods are no longer available for download. does anyone have the already made wbfs files i can download. i do own a legal disc of nsmbw just want to use usbloader gx and cant find all the wbfs files to download thanks.Would really like to try these mods, thanks

not asking for copyrighted stuff. the mods are not copyrighted and i own the original game and have the original wbfs. if no one can provide the compiled wbfs files then i would appreciate the patch files needed to build the wbfs mods. i have looked thru the forums and not all of the patch files are available on the forums.

Hurlburt7x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*AwesomerSLM: SMNE02 KML.02 (can't find)
(Aswomer Super Luigi Mini)

Newer SMBW: SMNE03 KMW.03
*Cannon SMBW: SMNE04 KMD.04 (Can't find)
Another SMBW: SMNE05 KMA.05
Newer Summer Sun: SMNE06 KMS.06
Newer Holiday Special: SMNE07 KMH.07
*Epic Super Bowser World: SMNE08 KME.08 (Can't find)
*Retro Remix: MMRE09 KMR.09 (Can't find)

the auto download in the batch file can't find/download them either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.