Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your hard work. Downloaded the Build_ISO.bat file, replaced the old one and tested again with Retro Remix - the created ISO works like a charm on my Wii through Wiiflow. Also used the custom banner option this time. Works great as well.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
I am now totally happy with 1.06, Found and fixed a bug that did not allow "_" in base filenames, fixed bug in overwrite prompt, fixed bug in ID6 when changing mod, removed base select menu when changing mod if currently selected base is supported by new mod, put back in looping after build, put back in the pause at the end (didn't mean to pull that to begin with)

The link again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5likqbyyrp0czld/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip (Permalink--Will always return newest version...or at least a script to autoupdate to newest version)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pkegee0m07hltn/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder 1.06.zip (Permalink--Will always return v1.06)

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Tested latest version with Another Mod, now it's builds ok, start logo shown correctly, everything seems to work ok. But there are issues with internal name & ID, name is "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" but should be «Another Super Mario Bros. Wii» or in case of 1.03 Mod «NSMBW Mod - Another Super Mario Bros. Wii»; ID6 shown as SMNE01 not SMNE05.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
oji Yeah, I saw that, figured it out, Dolphin uses the bootID, not gameID, so now I'm changing both. I think that will fix it.

ISO is now written sparse, still works in Dolphin (sparse means only data size instead of media size)

Reactions: oji

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
AbdallahTerro please confirm that MMRE.bnr is SMNE01.bnr, as that's what I'm seeing.

If anybody has a riivolution package for AwesomerSLM I am looking for it to mirror to keep the plugin alive, otherwise I will be forced to remove it from 1.07 when it comes out.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just used Wii-Banner Player to test out the banners, they are indeed different. Also since my HDD's were trashed I haven't been able to do crap, however my new ones should be arriving by this weekend if not early next week. From the looks of CaseyOmah's progress though I might not get to test a damn thing before they arrive lol.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it's the problem, but I found a typo that was causing wit to extract ALL bases to the temp folder. I also confirmed that the opening.bnr IS replaced properly. I'm going to do some rebuilds and retests.

Update: I posted the fix for the base overlap issue.

Update: Okay, the problem with Retro Remix was unique to my setup (cached wrong banner) deleted banner file from cache and it's right.

Reactions: MassiveRican

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i am having a problem when trying to build summersun it is building as holiday special all others are ok

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
1xmnFhu.png

Selecting Newer just downloads Retro Remix, instead.

Tripo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is awesome but the menu is kind of screwed.
when select newer it make newer.
and you cant make a retro but on manu it say where to download.
its hard to know where to select.
and i want to make an Retro backup iso

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you still have the Disc Channel issue or not, but I think the problem is with Signing, you need to Trucha sign it to work :\

also,
can't we make other hacks using the same method too? For example I have a hack that uses an RV xml, only 1 code. how can I make an iso out of it?

Nvm Found it out and I made a txt file regarding that:

Code:
Understanding how it works:
There's a folder called Plugins
it has all of the hacks' plugins
this simply tells wit "What to copy and from where".
So choose any plugin and match the files or create your own plugin, the
mod selector will automatically add it to the tool.

the riivolution folder:
what it does from here? it just patches the codes below. Such as the
Expand 2D Heap.

Hack Folder:
it searches for the files in here, again, naming comes from the PLG file.

patch:
I have no idea what this does, but it reads the patch file and the AP.xml
I tried replacing both with blank and nothing happened, it still did work.

So either do them or don't, we'll figure out the glitches over time.

If you are making a "Newer hack" ISO, such as RVLution Wii
then simply, put the RVLution Wii files inside the NewerSMBW folder,

Reactions: MassiveRican

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just Try this and cant figure, please help me and Post iso of this game to play on dolphin- I need Epic_Super_Bowser_World, Cannon_Super_Mario_Bros, Newer_Summer_Sun, And Newer_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii_HS. Pleaseeeeee Help, i wont to play on dolphin this 4 game. If someone wont to help, send me link to download iso to [email protected]. Thanks

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry this response is really late compared to release but thank you so much for making this tool!

I just Try this and cant figure, please help me and Post iso of this game to play on dolphin- I need Epic_Super_Bowser_World, Cannon_Super_Mario_Bros, Newer_Summer_Sun, AndNewer_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii_HS. Pleaseeeeee Help, i wont to play on dolphin this 4 game. If someone wont to help, send me link to download iso to [email protected]. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.