Hacking NSMB Wii SMW Level Hacks?

GeBeCluck23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I'm sorry if I created this in the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where else to put it...)

I saw a YouTube video the other day of a couple of guys "Let's Play-ing" a Super Mario World ROM hack that allowed them to play through SMW two-player simultaneously!! Admittedly, it had a ton of crashes, and errors, and as it is, the hack itself has apparently been lost in the meantime, but regardless, it got me thinking about how cool that would be to play! Before searching too much longer though, another thought occurred to me; New Super Mario Bros Wii is now quite hackable, (I've done a very tiny bit myself in fact) even has a level editor program, has replaceable graphics, already has an entire game changing mod available, (Newer SMB Wii) and by default already has simultaneous multiplayer built in! Of course, the Yoshis play somewhat differently, but it's still interesting to note that they're already in the game as well.

All that being said, I'm simply curious, has anyone attempted re-creating Super Mario World in NSMB Wii? Or for that matter, any other older Mario titles, such as Super Mario Bros, or SMB 3? Don't get me wrong, I understand the work involved behind this is PHENOMENAL, so it's not as if I'm going to be stupid and demand it or something, I was simply curious. Because having a (relatively) good scene for hacking, I would honestly be shocked if someone hasn't at least thought about attempting such an enormous feat by now. And if anyone is attempting it, I'd love to go over and at least support them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay