Not open for further replies.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d.jpg

A hacking group known as the "Shadow Brokers" on Friday published a large collection of spy tools said to be used by the NSA. Experts claim they are damaging. One collection of 15 vulnerabilities/exploits contained at least four Windows hacks researchers have already replicated. Microsoft claimed the exploits had been patched in previous updates, or are not able to be replicated on supported platforms. Windows users should double check and make sure there software is up to date. If you are on Windows 7 or lower you should update to Windows 7 or newer. Now, US intelligence agencies have to deal with very serious disclosure with their own hacking tools. Wikileaks allegedly provided details on the stolen vulnerabilities used by CIA. Today the "Shadow Brokers" publicly released Windows exploits allegedly the NSA use. They also dumped Unix-based attacks and exploits for breaking into hardware firewalls.

This being said hackers could've had tools to steal our info for a very long time, but the CIA and NSA didn't tell any company at risk of these exploits and the leakage of their tools. For months hackers have had these tools with them and could have easily used them. Things have been leaked before that were confidential, SDKs, documents, and hacks. This is far worse leaks directly from government themselves sounds awful. I will be providing some NSA related videos about the situation here and just some interesting ones. Enjoy! PLEASE make sure you are on the latest update for whatever Windows version you use.

(Please note in the video above the download link was taken down so you can't download it anymore from that video, I think...)

Sorry for this thread being very long a mod can edit this is he/she wants to. I couldn't find good videos about this situation. Keemstar made one, but I won't bother with that.

SOURCE
SOURCE

Last edited by Zero72463,
Reactions: peteruk

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go find the downloads, but I'd rather not have the government throw me in federal prison. Sounds highly illegal to even own those tools.

Yeah lol, now that we know our ISPs are selling our search history whats the point? :rofl2:
These exploits will be patched before you know it (most are already).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think it's illegal to own something that was leaked by someone else. Cause even in court you could prove that these files were previously leaked files. I am not good at legal crap anyways so I wouldn't know lol.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their games, sdk, development apps and firmwares get leaked. RE'd and then used by this community. (To make awesome things!)

I meant in the sense of owning them, actually using them for hacking is completely different. That is illegal, but simply owning something already leaked isn't. As far as I know thats the case. Nintendo has the right to go into court if someone RE'd a leaked SDK or hacked any dev. applications. But we are talking government, so it probably has some bad effect owning these tools even if you don't use them tbh, but I can't say for certain. I don't recommend anyone to try and find these files.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, erm...if someone uses these to obtain Trump's tax returns...is he doing something illegal or something patriotic? :unsure:

According to his own words, nobody still cares about that, but the government obviously can't prosecute someone without proving their boss wrong in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: