• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[November 13th 2015] Paris Terrorist Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly this is the almost inevitable result of the open borders policy of the EU. They have made it so easy for terrorists masquerading as Syrian migrants to enter Europe en masse.

My heart bleeds for those killed and their families and friends.

The rest of me is raging at our politicians for failing to protect us.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This news was a fucking tragedy, it really hurt me and everyone else to hear about what these terrorists have done. Families have been broken, they'll never be the same again. People who had a future won't have a future again. RIP to the over 160 innocent human beings that were murdered.

I just want to say that I would appreciate it if people here blaming every single Muslim for what happened, however. If every single Muslim were to be a terrorist, TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of people would be dead by now. You know how 1 or 2 students in a classroom misbehave, but the teacher punishes everyone else in the class for it? Muslims are pretty much feeling like that right now. This is not a religion of violence, just like any other religion is. Generalizing everyone else is pretty stupid if you ask me. The quotes you read from online's translation of the Islamic holy book, that say that non-Muslims should be killed, or whatever are not what it says in a hard copy of the Quran. Christians. Muslims. Jews. Buddhists. Hindus. Terrorist. PLEASE know the difference.

I may as well make a race comparison; like saying how all white people like slaving blacks, or shoot up schools and theaters. I may as well say that every single black person is a criminal. I may as well say that every single police officer in America likes to shoot black people. I may as well say that every Hindu rapes a woman. I may as well say that every single Christian is part of the KKK. But why would I? That does not make sense at all to generalize every single person. I'm praying for world peace, and I'm praying for the hate towards religion-followers ends.
12219604_10205214735949693_3259389912888834396_n.jpg

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it is really sad and tragic and of course as some say it might actually be because to many people get allowed to come into Europe without proper control BUT
I am still not entirely sure we should all say that ISIS or any of the refugees is to blame ...

Somehow I feel like this could have been done by ANY country maybe even Germany -.-V (not that I think it has something to do with us ...)
Still I believe with something like this the higher ups or some racist groups or whatever there is could use something like this to make everyone to see the same evil.

Just think about it, many country's in Europe still hardly help the USA fight against the ISIS, now after this the French and many "friends" will do much more than they did before ! so you could say that the USA would benefit much more of this "terror" attack than the ISIS would do as they might have their hands full with their war already ...

Again I do not want to say that the USA or some other Country or Racist group did that but I would like to have everyone think about it themselves and not trust everything the TV tells you, else you will be like the North Koreans and think everything is perfect without ever knowing if it is true or not ^^V

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
OK not blaming on whole Muslims...
Still is a fact that there is no terrorist group that claim to establish a Christian empire attacking with kamikaze Islamic countries.
Here Islamic friends please be honest before acting always like the "poor good ones" "offended" by non respectful western infidels ...
FACT is that was a Islamic terrorist attack.
Terrorist is not Representative of whole a kind but here we have to call things with their proper name

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I won't engage in this conversation, with the exception of 2 things:

1- My sympathies goes to everyone who was affected by the act of terrorism. Not that I am sure who did it, but it has ISIS written all over it, and if it is, well then it is definetly and act of terrorism.

2- It's sad to see people (although understandable.. It's easy to get fed bullshit by the media) relating this to Islam. I hope you guys realize those guys kill under the name of Islam to purposely show Islam in bad light. Not a single Muslim condones any act of terrorism, whether it was this, 9/11, London bombings, and so on. In fact, no Muslim considers those people as Muslims. Even labeling them as extremists is not really correct. In fact, the only "real" problem Muslims have with some other countries is the Israeli occupation over Palastine**

Last thing I want to say, stay safe, and god protect everyone. Hopefully we can get of ISIS sooner than later. They are being a pain in the ass to everyone in the world (Yes, all surrounding countries to Syria, including my country, is on high alert. Not a single country condones what ISIS is doing)

**Whether you are with or against the issue, that's not what we are talking about here. I am merely highlighting this as an acknowledged problem.

Last edited by Madridi,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK not blaming on whole Muslims...
Still is a fact that there is no terrorist group that claim to establish a Christian empire attacking with kamikaze Islamic countries.
Here Islamic friends please be honest before acting always like the "poor good ones" "offended" by non respectful western infidels ...
FACT is that was a Islamic terrorist attack.
Terrorist is not Representative of whole a kind but here we have to call things with their proper name
But if Islam doesn't teach this; and ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc continued to kill innocent non-Muslims AND MUSLIMS AS WELL, they aren't really Muslims, its how it works in our religion. That is why you call them terrorists.

Moreover, I'm glad to see how countries connected to Paris.
Last night, while in Downtown, the CN Tower lit up in French colors to show support and our empathy to Paris. I can't get over what happened there still

Last edited by ComeTurismO,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is why religions, all of them, should disappear.
Religion isn't inherently evil, it's what people do with that is. There's no reason to attack those who practice in peace because a few take it to the extreme.

On the topic on hand, I have been following the news since I heard about last night. I still don't think I can come up with any words to describe just how I feel about this. I just hope that in the end, we don't end up with more bloodshed and maybe people will help pull each other through this.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a fan of christianity at all myself but to be fair that was what 300+ years ago? i'm not a fan of religions myself. they really have almost no positive traits in this day and age. the big positive trait they do have is it binds a community together. but that can be achieved through other less restricting means. but you know you can't just get rid of religion by force. all you can do is educate children and hope they grow up realizing religion is just make belief. and that's happening in europe and america gradually.

Blaming religion is a pretty commonplace way to oversimplify what is happening, but it really again ignores the real cause of what is happening. That cause isn't something we can quickly "fix", either.
The root cause is us.
The US and Russia, more specifically.
I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the root cause of World War 1 and World War 2- the fall of the Ottoman Empire and such.
But what happened after World War 2 is where everything became our fault.
The US and Russia began to examine all the places we had tanked through, all the countries we had "liberated". And the two countries, each with opposing idelogies, began carving up the planet like a damned thanksgiving turkey. The US gets Japan! Russia wants half of Germany!
And the inevitable flareups between our proxies caused all of this. The soviets went into Afghanistan so we armed the Afghan "opposition", otherwise known as the Taliban. Not to mention that quagmire that is Israel.
Vietnam. Cuba. China. Korea.
The whole damned planet, almost all the conflicts, and the consequences-

Religion, in all actuality, has very little to do with it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Religion isn't inherently evil, it's what people do with that is. There's no reason to attack those who practice in peace because a few take it the extreme.

On the topic on hand, I have been following the news since I heard about last night. I still don't think I can come up with any words to describe just how I feel about this. I just hope that in the end, we don't end up with more bloodshed and maybe people will help pull each other through this.
Brilliant choice of words. Thank you.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
But if Islam doesn't teach this; and ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc continued to kill innocent non-Muslims AND MUSLIMS AS WELL, they aren't really Muslims, its how it works in our religion. That is why you call them terrorists.

Moreover, I'm glad to see how countries connected to Paris.
Last night, while in Downtown, the CN Tower lit up in French colors to show support and our empathy to Paris. I can't get over what happened there still

Do not misleading here.
All 3 monotheistic religions share the 10 commandments.
Again you and people like avoid to call things with proper names...
Terrorism has many matrices
Political
Ethnical
Religious
In Paris there was a Islamic terrorism attack
If you blame on people because they call it Islamic you are clearly moved by some kind of intellectual hate IMO.
I mean if you believe to be politically correct avoiding using Islamic term you are deluding yourself...you actually result on siding the terrorists
Ironic no?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This news was a fucking tragedy, it really hurt me and everyone else to hear about what these terrorists have done. Families have been broken, they'll never be the same again. People who had a future won't have a future again. RIP to the over 160 innocent human beings that were murdered.

I just want to say that I would appreciate it if people here blaming every single Muslim for what happened, however. If every single Muslim were to be a terrorist, TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of people would be dead by now. You know how 1 or 2 students in a classroom misbehave, but the teacher punishes everyone else in the class for it? Muslims are pretty much feeling like that right now. This is not a religion of violence, just like any other religion is. Generalizing everyone else is pretty stupid if you ask me. The quotes you read from online's translation of the Islamic holy book, that say that non-Muslims should be killed, or whatever are not what it says in a hard copy of the Quran. Christians. Muslims. Jews. Buddhists. Hindus. Terrorist. PLEASE know the difference.

I may as well make a race comparison; like saying how all white people like slaving blacks, or shoot up schools and theaters. I may as well say that every single black person is a criminal. I may as well say that every single police officer in America likes to shoot black people. I may as well say that every Hindu rapes a woman. I may as well say that every single Christian is part of the KKK. But why would I? That does not make sense at all to generalize every single person. I'm praying for world peace, and I'm praying for the hate towards religion-followers ends.
12219604_10205214735949693_3259389912888834396_n.jpg
Well also says

If anyone slew a person—unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land—it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.

Which in turn is condemning this evil!

All holy books (bible, Torah, Qur'an) can be perverted by radicals who miss the point of them (which is to love) and use them to support their agenda. As @ComeTurismO said this is an extremely small exception to the billions of peaceful practices of islam. Religion can be used for evil (crusades for example) but it can be something more than that which brings all of us (regardless of our God or lack of ) together. I chose the latter

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Sorrow each and every day I read terrorists do that and this and nightmares of them haunt my dreams of 3ds kernel exploit. Why couldnt they learn that nothing can be achieved by killing themselves along with others.

I pity this generation and to be born in it. As this is the generation where terrorism is a mainstream thing, I being a sunni Muslim myself feel so guilty on the evil deeds of these terrorist what outcome do they expdect? The world is evolving and we have to cope with it. We cannot just impose laws obliterating the fundamentals of human rights? I mean when there would be time when we would have artificial body parts and stuff will that be something to stop? To blow up bunch of people as it might be against there so called their belief? Why not to educate women? Aren't they human being?

Besides even in the Koran verses explaining their way of jihad might be highlighted by them, but there are also many more verses which disband killing. At least spare their own brotherhood! Even suicide as in most religions is one of the biggest sins of all time, how do they expect '72 virigns' when they kill themselves and fall straight into hell? I mean being a martyr means to get killed in the name for someone in not to do sacrifice or kamikaze in this case.

Sigh if only there was a way to educate these infidels in my mind, in the meantime I'll wait for the day the fear of me and my brother getting annihilated due us not wearing traditional Arab clothing or he not having a beard and the inevitable sensation of sorrow of the murder of these poor souls tears of blood were shed for their loved ones and them.

The conclusion "it is unfortunate that we cans only secure peace by preparing for war,".

Last edited by MionissNio,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm at a loss of words here.. damn, we are better than that! Or are we!?

Hope you are safe out there. Take care. I'll pray for you tonight.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do not misleading here.
All 3 monotheistic religions share the 10 commandments.
Again you and people like avoid to call things with proper names...
Terrorism has many matrices
Political
Ethnical
Religious
In Paris there was a Islamic terrorism attack
If you blame on people because they call it Islamic you are clearly moved by some kind of intellectual hate IMO.
I mean if you believe to be politically correct avoiding using Islamic term you are deluding yourself...you actually result on siding the terrorists
Ironic no?
You're not making any sense here; you're calling them Islamic terrorists, but the word Islamic doesn't even go with the term you are describing. Islamic refers to making a reference to Islam; but where does that even match up with terrorism? I don't get how "Muslims" killing thousands of MUSLIMS makes them think they are just practicing their religion; in a manner that isn't peaceful at all, which Islam and Muslims are looking for: PEACE.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not making any sense here; you're calling them Islamic terrorists, but the word Islamic doesn't even go with the term you are describing. Islamic refers to making a reference to Islam; but where does that even match up with terrorism? I don't get how "Muslims" killing thousands of MUSLIMS makes them think they are just practicing their religion; in a manner that isn't peaceful at all, which Islam and Muslims are looking for: PEACE.
The fact that their idea of what Islam stands for is corrupted to the point where they feel it is not about peace but self want and twist a select few passages to justify violence while ignoring the many passages and teachings that support peace towards your brother.

Christianity, Buddhism, and what not also have a few nuts who do that but in the end of the day no religion is evil.

Reactions: ComeTurismO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that their idea of what Islam stands for is corrupted to the point where they feel it is not about peace but self want and twist a select few passages to justify violence while ignoring the many passages and teachings that support peace towards your brother.

Christianity, Buddhism, and what not also have a few nuts who do that but in the end of the day no religion is evil.
Exactly; it's just that people decided to corrupt it up. Like for example, the Taliban forcing the women in Afghanistan to wear a burqa was not for religious reasons, it was just their law to make women stay at home and come outdoors with no one knowing who the woman is. Over 90% of Afghan women hate wearing the burqa and hate the Taliban. It's not like the women or men support this at all who were trapped in Taliban's horrible ruling

edit: and thats why people think its religious reasons to wear it, however; it is one's choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: