• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[November 13th 2015] Paris Terrorist Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
by helping the muslims who aren't radicals. and i don't mean help as in give them weapons. i mean help by giving them food and water, education, medical assistance. teach them that we're their friends. it takes a LOT of effort and a long time before it really starts working but it's the only way. and whenever there's a terror attack we should focus on the good things that people who live there do. helping each other, grieving with each other. and then ignore the terrorists. a week after it happens don't mention it again. don't make a big deal out of it. the same way we should handle mass shootings that happen in the US.

these events are dreadful of course but realistically they don't really affect that many people. even 9/11 which caused nearly 3000 deaths isn't that many deaths in the grand scale of things. by overreacting to these things we play right into the terrorist hands.

After what western 'intervention' has done to their countries, I doubt a school and a glass of water's gonna cut it.
The civilians have suffered those most in these regions after all.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i wish they were monsters. that'd make it all a lot easier. sadly they're just people. also what about haloman's post has to do with a conspiracy?

if you seen his past post... his a conspiracy far right nutjob. hates on everything that is not Christian white.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I doubt a school and a glass of water's gonna cut it.
obviously. that's not what i said. and i know you can't change peoples minds in 1,2,3. it'd take a long sustained effort to change their minds.

if you seen his past post... his a conspiracy far right nutjob. hates on everything that is not Christian white.
yea but that post isn't about a conspiracy so its a bit odd for you to bring it up here.

Reactions: Deleted User

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish they were monsters. that'd make it all a lot easier. sadly they're just people. also what about haloman's post has to do with a conspiracy?
10-20% of Muslims are 'radicals'. If you let millions into your country, why are you surprised when you get more terrorist attacks? More bodies?

In addition, France has very strict gun control, so how could this possibly happen!?! The answer is; bad people will still get guns, gun 'control' only disarms law abiding citizens, which makes terrorizing and killing them so much easier.
you are right on this :
EU officially imposed that countries like italy or greece where people arrive cannot force them to record their fingerprint ...
they literally must trust them on the parole...
that is why our countries get so much difficulties to control the borders...they must accept them whoever they claim to be ...!!

you can read here which burocratic gordian knot is fingerprints recording in europe :
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affair...der/588_emn_ahq_eurodac_fingerprinting_en.pdf
I'm sorry, my Italian friend. I hope you and your family remain safe during these troubled times.

Last edited by Haloman800,
Reactions: nintendarium

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
obviously. that's not what i said. and i know you can't change peoples minds in 1,2,3. it'd take a long sustained effort to change their minds.

yea but that post isn't about a conspiracy so its a bit odd for you to bring it up here.

Sorry, I was over-simplifying things. I agree, it'd take huge effort, sadly it's probably not gonna happen.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

case closed. need i need to say any more?

V V V V V V V

10-20% of Muslims are 'radicals'. If you let millions into your country, why are you surprised when you get more terrorist attacks? More bodies?

In addition, France has very strict gun control, so how could this possibly happen!?! The answer is; bad people will still get guns, gun 'control' only disarms law abiding citizens, which makes terrorizing and killing them so much easier.

Last edited by Flame,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about UK sending paratroopers before UN resolution in Lybia?
(not my words BBC reported that)
I think France, UK and USA should leave mediterranean sea countries free ...instead of founding socalled "revolutions"...
if you think someone is a dictator you avoid cheering him when he come to visit your country, you simply avoid meeting dictators at all, that my humble stupidly idealistic opinion :

sarko.jpg

Sarkozy-Gheddafi-anteprima-500x408-649342.jpg

Nx232xl43-blair-gheddafi-110925214357_medium.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sD19Sf3E4b.jpg

queen_assad_277691k.jpg
that's the problem. The west thinks they're responsible for the whole world's faith by interfering in everyone's business, this is causing more damage than it is doing good for the people in those nations. Libya during Gaddafi era was a safe country, but definitely not the ideal country since a dictator is ruling his own people. Forcing his own ideas, killing people who oppose him and just stealing the country's wealth. However, when the west decided to intervene under 'civilian protection' during the Libyan war, they did not even follow that rule, they helped the rebels control the country without having a plan after the war which resulted in the instability of the country and therefore instability to a country that is basically the gateway to Europe which resulted human trafficking.

I agree with everything you said, just thought I'd add a bit of my two cents to the topic.

You left out; 7. Terrorists were shouting "Allahu Ackbar!" and "This is for Syria!".

My God. This Syrian "refugee" crisis is the biggest Trojan horse in history. You let MILLIONS of undocumented 3rd world immigrants (many of whom despise the west) into Western nations, what do you expect!? Maybe this will stop the insane, evil government leaders of Europe from further destroying their nations.

My prayers go out to them.

Again the Syrian refugee crisis is not exactly the Syrian's fault. These people are running away from the same problem Paris is suffering from today. ISIS controls a lot of the Syrian territory and these people are just running away from them. I don't see why you'd need to blame the European nations for trying to help.

The great 'Murica the land of the free should just mind their own business. ISIS is their own creation for just blindly arming rebels against Assad which then turned out to be extremists. Nothing America has done has helped anyone, for example Iraq and Afghanistan. Now Libya and Syria.

Reactions: nintendarium

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why religions, all of them, should disappear.
There's only one religion cutting people's heads off on a daily basis, burning people alive, drowning them alive. And they are the group that is responsible for yesterday's terror attacks, for the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier that year, for the 07/07/05 London bombings, for the Madrid '07 bombings, for 9/11/.

I'll let you figure out which one it is.

Reactions: Pacheko17

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
10-20% of Muslims are 'radicals
'. If you let millions into your country, why are you surprised when you get more terrorist attacks? More bodies?
i agree that the refugee policy of the last months simply isn't smart on any level. it's a huge burden on any country that wants to house them, and some of these refugees are simply ungrateful and assholes. a smaller % are even terrorists or potential terrorists. but it's hard to turn away people who are fleeing from a real threat. who do need help. i'm not gonna lie and say i'm happy about them coming to europe. and i simply don't want them here. but they do need help and we can offer that. at least a bit. it's really a nearly impossible situation really.

as for 10-20% of muslims being radicals that depends on how you determine radical. i doubt 10-20% are actual terrorists. it's not like borders are that well secured. seems like there's easier ways to get into a country to perform an attack than pretend to be a refugee. as for there being more terrorist attacks when you let in refugees. again i doubt it. might seem that way atm because there was just a big terror attack, but there've been plenty of those before.

no but you thinking that having guns Will save every one. all massacre will stop is.
that's not a conspiracy theory. that's just an opinion.

Last edited by dimmidice,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There's only one religion cutting people's heads off on a daily basis, burning people alive, drowning them alive. And they are the group that is responsible for yesterday's terror attacks, for the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier that year, for the 07/07/05 London bombings, for the Madrid '07 bombings, for 9/11/.

I see what you did here.
My statement applies to any other religions. If a religion is known for killing people, it's christianism

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again the Syrian refugee crisis is not exactly the Syrian's fault. These people are running away from the same problem Paris is suffering from today. ISIS controls a lot of the Syrian territory and these people are just running away from them. I don't see why you'd need to blame the European nations for trying to help.

The great 'Murica the land of the free should just mind their own business. ISIS is their own creation for just blindly arming rebels against Assad which then turned out to be extremists. Nothing America has done has helped anyone, for example Iraq and Afghanistan. Now Libya and Syria.

These 'refugees' immediately cease being refugees the second the enter Lebanon or Turkey. They are welfare migrants. They carry on marching into Europe to collect welfare and other benefits. Remember that little Syrian boy who drowned? His dad wanted to go to Europe to get free dental work.

If it's the US's fault, like you so claim, then Europe owes the migrants nothing. Sure, most of them are probably peaceful people, but you are letting in thousands of ISIS terrorists, and there's absolutely no way to distinguish.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

so your solution is rounding up all Muslims and gassing them?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I see what you did here.
My statement applies to any other religions. If a religion is known for killing people, it's christianism
not a fan of christianity at all myself but to be fair that was what 300+ years ago? i'm not a fan of religions myself. they really have almost no positive traits in this day and age. the big positive trait they do have is it binds a community together. but that can be achieved through other less restricting means. but you know you can't just get rid of religion by force. all you can do is educate children and hope they grow up realizing religion is just make belief. and that's happening in europe and america gradually.

Last edited by dimmidice,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*sigh* These nutcases are why we can never have nice things.

My deepest condolences to the victims and their families.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could see a war happening- but the problem is one the world is going to HAVE to deal with.
How does one war against an ideology? ISIS may have been borne out of the ashes of yet another stupid, pointless aggression the US created by unilaterally going after Gaddafi and Assad (as if Iraq and Afghanistan weren't bad enough) but it's worldwide now. You can drop a bomb on "Jihadhi John" but there are a million more spread across the globe. How do you fight against that?

million? i'm not even sure if the number of estimated enemies (as in leaders and guys willing to fight for this) has passed 100.000 yet. to be honest, i feel like i have the number 8000 swirling in my head. you're right, its an ideology and it has followers, but most of them follow it for fear of what happens when they wouldn't.
the biggest part of isis troups consists of people who had that join or die choice and I couldn't blame them for joining up, if there was a way to decapitate that snake, those wouldn't pose a threat anymore.
is just that that's close to impossible. and the fact that the west kills dozens of innocents whenever they bomb one of those real terrorist guys, doesn't exactly help...

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
I live in Paris and I could have been to that Eagles of Death Metal concert... Seeing the number of deaths growing through the evening without knowing if it was ever going to end was a terrible feeling.
I'm supposed to go see Fidlar and Wavves live next week. Now I dunno.
They attacked our culture, our joy of meeting together in different places having fun and drinking beers.

Bonne chance et bon courage aux éventuels tempers français qui auraient été plus directement confrontés aux attentats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night