Gaming Notice Wii no longer use address book

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got message from Nintendo that no longer to use News channel and Weather channel. Even can't use send message on address. I was like "uh um. Ok...Why they did make Wii first place?" Why bother make Wii? Now they can't use it cuz of Wii U. Who care?! Wii and Wii U are same thing! Cuz both of them have same word, "Wii"on it. Now I heard rumor that there will be new Nintendo system. If they are do same thing on Wii U, then I am done with Nintendo game. I mean seriously, what the h*** they are thinking for business? It is this how they keep going and abandon old game system for not help the problem like old Nintendo game? Why they are keeping abandon the old game system for not support?

Reactions: Deleted-236924

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
..........I think I should stop trusting Nintendo and pick other game system Like Xbox and Play Station.

i dont understand whats you're problem? you're upset that the 8 year old Wii isin't still being supported? and yeah there will be a new Nintendo system in about 5 years.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nonsense.

nintendo is one of the three consoles that DO in fact support older game system. I dont know why you yell at all,
i mean i read and dont understood what you wrote, is news and weather channel no longer available? and you canr send messages.

like some others people mentioned Wii was made 2006 . Ofcourse they wanna move on to new areas .
And if your read Pachter or some game analyst, most dont have any facts to use. Nintendo was active with Wii in 6 years with has 1200 titles, then they created wiiU that has 280 titles. they make alot of money and see no danger in future sellings .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
..........I think I should stop trusting Nintendo and pick other game system Like Xbox and Play Station.
Let it say Nintendo don't support older game system.
Let's also protest against closing down Super Famicom Stellaview, I mean, people used this service, why isn't it around anymore? :angry:

On a serious note though, discontinued consoles are not supported by contemporary services. The original XBox can no longer connect to XBox Live, the PS2 can't connect to PSN, the Wii can't connect to... whatever online network it was using for this sort of thing. It's nothing out of the ordinary, bradzx.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's also protest against closing down Super Famicom Stellaview, I mean, people used this service, why isn't it around anymore? :angry:

On a serious note though, discontinued consoles are not supported by contemporary services. The original XBox can no longer connect to XBox Live, the PS2 can't connect to PSN, the Wii can't connect to... whatever online network it was using for this sort of thing. It's nothing out of the ordinary, bradzx.

Whoa now! the PS2 did not use the PSN because the PSN did not exist. With that being said the Xbox and PS2 can still be played online using LAN. Also this was mentioned many months ago. A lot of games no longer have online including Metroid Prime Corruption.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're picking up a 360/PS3, the support for that also eventually stops.
Just like the old Xbox.
They just shut down the servers.
Hell, their even shutting down servers of games that people barely play right now.

It's time to move on.
New generation, new games, new system, new servers.

Xbox and PS2 can still be played online using LAN
Hacked Xboxes only.
Or syslink but that's not really "online"
PS2's...
Prolly also hacked ones only.
Could be that stock units can also connect through Xlink Kai tho..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whoa now! the PS2 did not use the PSN because the PSN did not exist. With that being said the Xbox and PS2 can still be played online using LAN. Also this was mentioned many months ago. A lot of games no longer have online including Metroid Prime Corruption.
Excuse the shorthand, Net Play then. The service as such didn't have an official name and only a handful of games worked, but it was Online at the end of the day. I said "PSN" simply because that's how the service is called now, although I suppose you could call PSN a successor more than anything.

Reactions: DinohScene

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacked Xboxes only.
Or syslink but that's not really "online"
PS2's...
Prolly also hacked ones only.
Could be that stock units can also connect through Xlink Kai tho..

Nah you don't need to have a hacked console to use any of the lan programs. The only thing that was required is that the game supports lan. A lot of xbox games did and so did the ps2. Halo 2 was a prime example of a game played heavily on Xlink Kai. Another game was Monster Hunter. I actually used it quite a bit for older games because sometimes the net code was spotty at best.

For example on the Xbox Splinter Cell Chaos Theory had a buggy coop code. Or maybe it wasn't buggy but our internet sucked? either way LAN worked better.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nah you don't need to have a hacked console to use any of the lan programs. The only thing that was required is that the game supports lan. A lot of xbox games did and so did the ps2. Halo 2 was a prime example of a game played heavily on Xlink Kai. Another game was Monster Hunter. I actually used it quite a bit for older games because sometimes the net code was spotty at best.

For example on the Xbox Splinter Cell Chaos Theory had a buggy coop code. Or maybe it wasn't buggy but our internet sucked? either way LAN worked better.

Aye you're right.
Had it mixed up with the 360.
MS didn't had a pingpatch back in the day

Splinter cell wasn't that buggy as far as I can remember..

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got message from Nintendo that no longer to use News channel and Weather channel. Even can't use send message on address. I was like "uh um. Ok...Why they did make Wii first place?" Why bother make Wii?
Because god forbid Nintendo even THINK of making a console that won't be able to check the news or weather in eight years.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for revealing such... valuable information. I heard Nintendo will reinstate these privileges for the Wii in a few years though, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: prime deez nuts