Hardware Nothing like updating my Switch and then It bricked

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I had this same exact thing happen to me. It was downloading the update and just disconnected from the wifi. I just let it sit over night and came back to an updated system. But the weird thing now is that If I reboot the console, it will not automatically connect to the wifi. It will stay disconnected until I go into settings and hit connect. It has become very annoying to have to do this everytime I boot this thing up.. But thats what I get for updating.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I had this same exact thing happen to me. It was downloading the update and just disconnected from the wifi. I just let it sit over night and came back to an updated system. But the weird thing now is that If I reboot the console, it will not automatically connect to the wifi. It will stay disconnected until I go into settings and hit connect. It has become very annoying to have to do this everytime I boot this thing up.. But thats what I get for updating.
do you have auto connect for that network turned off?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have auto connect for that network turned off?
Nope. Its on.. It just ignores the internet exists until I make it connect. I had it happen once on 2.3 but now its everytime xD Im starting to think its a hardware issue at this point.

D

Deleted User

Nope. Its on.. It just ignores the internet exists until I make it connect. I had it happen once on 2.3 but now its everytime xD Im starting to think its a hardware issue at this point.
That doesn't really sound like a hardware issue to me if this started happening all the time right after you updated. Too much of a coincidence imo.
Maybe Nintendo's trying to fix the issue with the Switch crashing when connecting to certain access points or something? I mean, they're not doing a very good job right now, but still.

Last edited by ,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really sound like a hardware issue to me if this started happening all the time right after you updated. Too much of a coincidence imo.
Maybe Nintendo's trying to fix the issue with the Switch crashing when connecting to certain access points or something? I mean, they're not doing a very good job right now...
Maybe? Its quite annoying though lol

Reactions: Deleted User

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you recently change on your router if your wifi shows up when a device scans for networks, if it is set to not to, which means you have to manually add it in, check in that networks settings and there should be an option for that

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you recently change on your router if your wifi shows up when a device scans for networks, if it is set to not to, which means you have to manually add it in, check in that networks settings and there should be an option for that
Havent changed anything since I've updated. It lost connection during the update and I just let it sit over night to fix itself.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I be f****** mad, or extremely happy?

IMG_20170620_164826.jpg

For some reason I came back to my house and decided to turn it on, and found it fully working. And yes, I left it on for a few hours last night and it was stuck on the logo when I checked this morning...

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I just love it how it is always nintendos fault if something makes a problem.
Like, damn you Microsoft killing my system just because i restartet the System on a Updating screen where i had a info to not do it.
Bad bad updates.

But happy to hear your system works again.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just love it how it is always nintendos fault if something makes a problem.
Like, damn you Microsoft killing my system just because i restartet the System on a Updating screen where i had a info to not do it.
Bad bad updates.

But happy to hear your system works again.
diffrence is he didn't straight up do something to cause an issue, unfortanetly his internet decided to die, you would think though that it would download the full update isntead of patching it in on the spot causing an issue like this

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diffrence is he didn't straight up do something to cause an issue, unfortanetly his internet decided to die, you would think though that it would download the full update isntead of patching it in on the spot causing an issue like this

Not trying to beat the man up but resetting during the update was not a wise decision to put it politely. We should all know by now that you don't power off during a firmware or software update. He should have left it and called Nintendo. The Switch also might have reconnected after a while. Hell, I'd go to the store and buy a LAN adapter to try that before powering off. At least it worked out in the end though.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to beat the man up but resetting during the update was not a wise decision to put it politely. We should all know by now that you don't power off during a firmware or software update. He should have left it and called Nintendo. The Switch also might have reconnected after a while. Hell, I'd go to the store and buy a LAN adapter to try that before powering off. At least it worked out in the end though.

I know I can't turn off a console while updating, but the Switch went offline when the update was downloading. I tried multiple times to connect it back online but every connection test failed so I resetted the console.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I know I can't turn off a console while updating, but the Switch went offline when the update was downloading. I tried multiple times to connect it back online but every connection test failed so I resetted the console.

I think the switch doesn't even install the update until it's completely downloaded all the titles. Which is a departure with how the DSi/3DS did things... (they installed each title as they finished downloading but doesn't wait till all of the titles finish so if console was rebooted/disconnected before update finishes, you'd end up with a frankenstein firmware that's partially updated. At least on DSi. I don't recall if 3DS also did this or not....)

Unless I'm wrong? because from what I've seen from the menus the last time I did an update, it's worded in a way to suggest it doesn't install the update till it's done downloading it. So odd how it could brick from a failed download session...

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know what about my comment suggested that I didn't understand that the Switch lost connection to your wireless router during a system update. What you did was not wise. Take it on the chin and move on. Glad you got your system back.

Reactions: DarkIrata

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1