Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait what the hell? Didn't expect to see him back in the scene :blink: @ShadowOne333 This is unexpected but welcome:wtf:

Yes, it may not be much, but he's doing something.

Even so, never thought he'd show up again
Interesting.
Has anyone given a quick look for compatibility tests?
I see that this repo added Fix94's latest changes and some glN64 fixes.

Worth the shot
(Plz test RE2 lol)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.
Has anyone given a quick look for compatibility tests?
I see that this repo added Fix94's latest changes and some glN64 fixes.

Worth the shot
(Plz test RE2 lol)

Wait, he added that too? Odd indeed, I wonder what @FIX94 knows of Emukidid's recent activity? Could Emu be coming out of silence?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i tested rice video stuff it works preety well but rice has no fb textures, emukid is porting not64 dynarecs to wii64 and before you ask RE2 does not work manny games now work but since rice does not support fb textures you will see some incorrect textures here and there, emukid or fix94 will eventualy release a rev sometime just wait.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tested rice video stuff it works preety well but rice has no fb textures, emukid is porting not64 dynarecs to wii64 and before you ask RE2 does not work manny games now work but since rice does not support fb textures you will see some incorrect textures here and there, emukid or fix94 will eventualy release a rev sometime just wait.

If the plugin can be updated and many of the framebuffer issues resolved, that alone will fix many of the problematic games from the get go. Alpha dithering (the pixel/fuzzy effect) is another hard-to-emulate part of the plugin, mostly used by first party and Konami games, would be nice to see emulated.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the plugin can be updated and many of the framebuffer issues resolved, that alone will fix many of the problematic games from the get go. Alpha dithering (the pixel/fuzzy effect) is another hard-to-emulate part of the plugin, mostly used by first party and Konami games, would be nice to see emulated.
not it cant, the framebuffer was never ever coded to opengl at all on its entire life and unless someone ports framebuffer code from rice from 14 years ago to opengl rice on ppc will never have framebuffer, also i hope you dont pester emukid again to make him give up becuase we all know how you like to pester him.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not it cant, the framebuffer was never ever coded to opengl at all on its entire life and unless someone ports framebuffer code from rice from 14 years ago to opengl rice on ppc will never have framebuffer, also i hope you dont pester emukid again to make him give up becuase we all know how you like to pester him.

I sure as hell haven't pestered him in years, no need to bring that up, like, at all:angry::glare:. Past is past, and besides, I sure as hell won't speak to him again. Second, are you saying the broken games with the various culling issues, flickering, etc, will never be fixed? What do you propose happen to the plugin? I mean, a fast emulator is all well and good, but if there are broken parts of the RDP and RSP, those broken games will just run faster and still be broken. Talk about false hopes of seeing the GPU plugin get better.

Digging up what people did in the past doesn't solve a damn thing, learning and moving on does. I'm trying to move on but people are hellbent on never getting over it. I'm just saying I was hoping to see the plugins improved, whatever.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I sure as hell haven't pestered him in years, no need to bring that up, like, at all:angry::glare:. Past is past, and besides, I sure as hell won't speak to him again. Second, are you saying the broken games with the various culling issues, flickering, etc, will never be fixed? What do you propose happen to the plugin? I mean, a fast emulator is all well and good, but if there are broken parts of the RDP and RSP, those broken games will just run faster and still be broken. Talk about false hopes of seeing the GPU plugin get better.
see there you go again, you expect wii64 to be a perfect emulator without any issues at all in a WII ... you cant expect perfection also right now you can build the new wii64 with rice or gld64 so you can build both versions and use whatever version works best for what game.

You cant demand perfection if games keep getting fixed or not along the way then fine if not you cant force it or even demand it like you usualy do.

Rice plugin fixes alot of issues of some games but if a game uses framebuffer you will need to use the gld64 if you want to see the textures correctly.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see there you go again, you expect wii64 to be a perfect emulator without any issues at all in a WII ... you cant expect perfection also right now you can build the new wii64 with rice or gld64 so you can build both versions and use whatever version works best for what game.

You cant demand perfection if games keep getting fixed or not along the way then fine if not you cant force it or even demand it like you usualy do.

Rice plugin fixes alot of issues of some games but if a game uses framebuffer you will need to use the gld64 if you want to see the textures correctly.

I'll agree to stop hoping for fixed bugs as long as you stop digging up the past ad nauseum and what I did. Will there at least be improvements to the GLD64 plugin or not? If not, I'll drop this discussion and move on. I'm getting sick of people saying "well in the past, you did this and that," well, when one is trying to learn from their mistakes, digging up the past doesn't solve a damn thing.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll agree to stop hoping for fixed bugs as long as you stop digging up the past ad nauseum and what I did. Will there at least be improvements to the GLD64 plugin or not? If not, I'll drop this discussion and move on.
im not a magician i cant predict the future.. afaik extrems will keep using not64 and since its glide only he may keep improving it, rice pluggin is brand new and working well you can play manny more games perfectly some are still better on gld64 due to the use of framebuffer but besides that rice runs manny games that were unplayable before like deadly creatures,star wars shadows of the empire, and manny more it even fixes soeme games textures issue like 007 tomorow never dies,some textures on some games and so on, you basicaly got a toaly new plugin for the gpu and you are already complaining...

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I would like to try the new video rice but I can not compile it does not matter if it does not have the fb texture the thing is that the rice is working, I will wait till I can copy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended