Homebrew Not64 Update

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I slightly modified icon.png for Not64, Please find attached.

I was looking for a proper Not64 forwarder, however I found just one, named "N64 Emulator (Not64) - Forwarder.wad" with ID KT01, which is based on obsolete IOS and uses Mario theme.

There is an updated version of a forwarder of Wii64 emulator, named "Wii64 Forwarder - WN64 [IOS58+AHBPROT].wad", which has a nice rotating N letter theme, however it loads emulator for SD:/apps/Wii64 and have an image in the channel preview saying Wii64.
I know that Not64 dol can be placed in Wii64 folder and launched that way using this channel, however Wii64 was superseded by Not64, so I wonder if this channel could be updated with Not64 boot paths.

Could it be done? Unfortunately, I don't have required skills to update the channel myself.

I wonder if the actual N64 console could be shown in the channel background for more authentic look?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Nintendo-64-wController-L.jpg

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Nintendo_64_(logo).png
    Nintendo_64_(logo).png
    16.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Original-Nintendo-64.jpeg
    Original-Nintendo-64.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 218

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh new version?
I did see a message relating a new version yesterday I believe, but I wasn't sure, I didn't even read properly because I just lost hope on the project. XD
But it's nice to see a new release, I will try it out today :)

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I think audio improvements, slightly faster game loading into mem2 and menu ui improvements this is what I believe I have noticed so far however I haven't noticed any specific game fixes
But looking at the git his latest improvements have been made 20+ hours ago and audio, menu ui and some other things were changed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
extremis is always vague and only said he fixed some things, didnt mention what lol.

Wonder if Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo Tooie work properly.
I think audio improvements, slightly faster game loading into mem2 and menu ui improvements this is what I believe I have noticed so far however I haven't noticed any specific game fixes
But looking at the git his latest improvements have been made 20+ hours ago and audio, menu ui and some other things were changed

Hmm, gonna test it later myself to see what games work better.

Mystical Ninja 64 and Goemon's Great Adventure are the two that always locked the emulator up.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder if Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo Tooie work properly.

Hmm, gonna test it later myself to see what games work better.
So far I don't think any games have improved so far I have tried extreme G (still has odd graphic issue when selecting vehicle) conkers bad fur day still plays like it did in older build I had it running fine with slowdowns only I'm cutscenes (with 2x sal turn off in cutscenes them on in game)
Golden eye still graphical issues with sky and laggy opening scene before menu, majora's mask has glitchy jumping graphics issue.
As stated looking at github what I posted about seems to be the only things that was worked on as far as I'm aware I will double check again when I get more time

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I don't think any games have improved so far I have tried extreme G (still has odd graphic issue when selecting vehicle) conkers bad fur day still plays like it did in older build I had it running fine with slowdowns only I'm cutscenes (with 2x sal turn off in cutscenes them on in game)
Golden eye still graphical issues with sky and laggy opening scene before menu, majora's mask has glitchy jumping graphics issue.
As stated looking at github what I posted about seems to be the only things that was worked on as far as I'm aware I will double check again when I get more time

Ugh, that's a bit...anticlimactic, no? Many of us were hoping for more graphics improvements more games running, guess I won't bother testing >.>

ntnavy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ugh, that's a bit...anticlimactic, no? Many of us were hoping for more graphics improvements more games running, guess I won't bother testing >.>
The thing is, unless there is a change in the video pluging used on the emulator, there is not gonna be any improvement on the graphical glitches of some games

Enviado desde mi LG-D618 mediante Tapatalk

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Games how ever do load faster specially conkers bad fur day as in older build took ages to load to mem2 in this build it's faster still worth updating to see if you find anything else I will find the github changes and show you's.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, unless there is a change in the video pluging used on the emulator, there is not gonna be any improvement on the graphical glitches of some games

Enviado desde mi LG-D618 mediante Tapatalk

Yeah, wish they used a plugin based off of Glide instead of that horrible Rice Video, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. IDK why there's no change log.

Games how ever do load faster specially conkers bad fur day as in older build took ages to load to mem2 in this build it's faster still worth updating to see if you find anything else I will find the github changes and show you's.

I don't know *shrug*

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, wish they used a plugin based off of Glide instead of that horrible Rice Video, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. IDK why there's no change log.

I don't know, feeling kinda unmotivated if games like Goemon won't even load *shrug* Still on the fence.
Screenshot_20161128-010020.png

Screenshot_20161128-010023.png

Here's the files that have been changed in the last day after this nothing for months so not much improvements better pad support maybe I will take a better look into it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey