Homebrew Not64 Update

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, nothing new on the GC forever site; I wouldn't bother asking emukidid, he gets all pissy if you even ask for a simple progress report.
Not only that, but they seem to ignore any posts that are related to Wii64's new beta since the plugins video (I last asked like three days ago along with other four people)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say it did I was just clearly correcting what you said about it bein 2013 :)
The video was made for 2013 progress, but posted this year, the fact remains is that it's showcasing a 2013 build and emukidid still being a jerk about anyone who has the audacity to ask about progress. Man, he might as well come up front and say it's dead. I'd rather him say that than being secretive.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it's definatly a video from 2013 and his not replying to anybody about it then it's fake. Case closed!! :/

Not saying it's fake, just saying he's overly sensitive and bans anyone from his forums that dares ask him about even the veriest amount progress, yeah, it's that bad.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Not saying it's fake, just saying he's overly sensitive and bans anyone from his forums that dares ask him about even the veriest amount progress, yeah, it's that bad.
That sucks. I don't get why anyone would be like that but an easy answer for us all. if his not gonna answer for himself it's fake unfortunately. I'm not sure why he would post a video In 2013 of this and then recently add a date with 2015? But oh well let's hope someone gets round to it

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Keep in mind this is Therandomizer, who has a strange habit of harassing devs for lifetime releases / updates / support and overdramatizing anything that looks like a "bad announcement" to him. And yes, his constant negativity easily pisses devs (well, not only devs tbh), which got him banned multiple times from gc-forever forums.

Emukidid is definitively a nice guy and rarely jumps to throat of people kindly asking him for progress.

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2942

As for Wii64 updates, it seems they have very little time (if any) to work on this anymore. Hard to blame them, that kinda happens when you are no student anymore, start working, got family, etc... I guess it's too hard for some speople to get that.

emu_kidid said:
We were hoping to rewrite the dynarec one more time (most of the translated code generated would remain the same) but it doesn't look like we've got the time on our hands any more to do it.

Last edited by Jacobeian,
Reactions: jammybudga777

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not going to defend the guy as sometimes he comes off as really "asshole-ish", but we have to agree that people (Us) can get very, very, very annoying sometimes, demanding something free and fast, and then getting whiny about it.

It doesn't excuse his bad moments at all, it's just that I don't think neither side is right when it comes to this matter. I've seen this thing enough times and it's always the same, one part gets tired, the other angry.

A new release would be great, but I'm not having any hope just in case.

EDIT: What are the odds about passing the project to other hackers if time is the issue? It would be a total waste to throw all the time these guys in the garbage... That's kind of a sad end for a project.

I'm not even talking about we getting it, just...finishing it.

Last edited by Maeson,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT: What are the odds about passing the project to other hackers if time is the issue? It would be a total waste to throw all the time these guys in the garbage... That's kind of a sad end for a project.

I'm not even talking about we getting it, just...finishing it.
There's still Extrems, who made the Not64 fork.
He could very well finish the new Beta if the Rice/Glide plugins implementation could be delivered to him.
If emukidid or any of the other devs doesn't have the time, then simply handle the code that the guys had for the 2013 video to Extrems and I can assure you he could very well make it work.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see, that's good to hear. It's just that, after so much time and work seeing something flop feels rather harsh. Like an abandoned translation project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended