Homebrew Not64 Update

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used this before, and I'd like to ask before I try downloading it. What types of controllers can I use for this? I have a Wiimote/Nunchuk, and a GameCube controller. I don't have a Classic Controller, so I don't want to download this and not be able to do anything with it.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've never used this before, and I'd like to ask before I try downloading it. What types of controllers can I use for this? I have a Wiimote/Nunchuk, and a GameCube controller. I don't have a Classic Controller, so I don't want to download this and not be able to do anything with it.
you can use the wiimote-nunchuck combo or your gamecube controller so dont worry

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This, Glide 64 emulates things that Rice or Jabo can't, such as the Mario 64 pixel dissolve effects. But I don't know if the LiboGC library has similar instructions since Glide 64 actually emulates the Glide API via OpenGL. I asked emukidid about it, but he wasn't sure if it could be done. Rice Video has a lot of issues and shouldn't have been ported.

Either way, I hope he continues to work on it

Does that plug in render the corona lights in Perfect Dark and the sky in GoldeneEye?

Also, is there any plug in for emulating games with micro code like World Driver Championship, Indiana Jones, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that plug in render the corona lights in Perfect Dark and the sky in GoldeneEye?

Also, is there any plug in for emulating games with micro code like World Driver Championship, Indiana Jones, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo?

Only LLE graphics plugins emulate that WDC, not sure about that Star Wars or Indiana Jones games though, but it equates to higher system requirements. Glide 64 is the only plugin to get that corona effect in Perfect Dark right, as well as the night vision.

Reactions: nakata6790

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hm, reading the latest post on wii64 blog, in see that the next wii64 update will incrorporate Rice(not Glide) which they say is faster. Maybe later they could give us a plugin option a la Project 64, for Glide64.
At least i hope more games like the Turoks, Conker and Castlevanias will be playable.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For me it's still playable enough if you turn off the cut-scenes and set the camera to "follow" (I think that's what the option is called IIRC)

This is a while later, but I can't get DK64 to save the "follow" setting. It will save the skip cutscene setting though. It also won't save in game... I'm guessing this has something to do with DRM that Rare put in the game to prevent saving. Unfortunately, the patches I've found for DK64 cause it to crash Not64... Did you do anything in particular to get the setting to stick? or is it just a particular scene release of DK64 that works?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
This is a while later, but I can't get DK64 to save the "follow" setting. It will save the skip cutscene setting though. It also won't save in game... I'm guessing this has something to do with DRM that Rare put in the game to prevent saving. Unfortunately, the patches I've found for DK64 cause it to crash Not64... Did you do anything in particular to get the setting to stick? or is it just a particular scene release of DK64 that works?
It's been a while since I played it but I don't think I did anything special .. and, if it helps, I'm using the European release of the game.
also, just in case, make sure you actually have the /wii64/saves folder created before you play because it needs it to save but will not create it by itself.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm...well my saves folder is there and other games save. DK64 save states work, but in game saves do not.

I even tried the European release with no luck...guess I'll just wait for a revision that fixes the camera.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
How about a game specific plugin list coded into the emulator? If the emulator recognizes this game loaded, he automatically loads the right plugin for the game with the intern list? I am sure we all would gladly contribute to said list by testing various plugins for various games. I certainly would. And if the game is not found on the list, the emulator loads the standard plugin. You could even go as far as making this auto update, so that the list updates itself when a user plays a game not on the list and then puts some plugins to the test until he is statisfied and saves his settings or something^^

gameBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
strange...
after opening not64 in the homebrew browser, I get an error saying that this is not a Wii application.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I play N64 roms on my original Xbox, and since Goldeneye plays near-flawlessly, I don't care for N64 emu on the wii until Rare's games can be successfully injected inside of VC games, and bootable to play. The only downside to Goldeneye on the Xbox is slight slowdown at times, (hardly noticable) and the explosions are fully desaturated (greyscale, instead of orange).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free