OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He must have something different because I ran the update twice on mine and it doesn't work. I am unfamiliar with the z003. I double checked the file and it is still the same nonworking one from yesterday on both of his links. Hopefully this gets sorted out by tonight as it will be Monday morning in China at that time.

xamen7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find anywhere that said the icon would change. I just thought it was a good indicator that the update was successful.

Yes, I have the GMP-Z003 model.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on every core update the icon changes, that's how it avoids the improved flashcart detection.

and that does explain the situation.
the "new" fcore contains 2 cores.
a new one with spongebob icon which is flashed to all z003 models, and an older one with chessmaster icon which is flashed to the other models.
and the real problem is handheldsources.net saying nothing about that the "support ### firmware" stuff only counts for z003 models.

JusChillin

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to 3.0.0-5U without even thinking about any issues with the M3i Zero. I downloaded the new F_CORE.DAT file (http://down.gbalpha....CORE_v3.0.5.zip) from http://www.handhelds...load_M3DSR.html I copied the new file to my microSD card and tried to run it and it failed. However, I looked at the "M3i Zero firmware Upgrade Manual(*.pdf file)" and it mentioned plugging in the M3i Zero using the included cable. I plugged it in and the LED flashed for about 25 seconds. I put it into my 3DS and it works perfectly! One thing I noticed, though, is that the ROM icon changed from Hello Kitty to SpongeBob, so you could look for that to see if yours was updated successfully.
Hi - I am a total noob, but I just got my M3i-Zero z003, updated and working on our Australian purchased 3DS (purchased in April 2011), thanks to this website and the above post!!! Thanks HEAPS!!!!

First I followed the instructions on the M3 website (which is pretty darn sparse and unhelpful IMO!), AND installed M3GUpdaterPlus_143.nds (although everywhere I was reading it was referred to as ....Plus_142.nds), anyway followed the instructions and got a Funny Japanese Game Icon (Dulcio or something like that). . . .It still worked on our DSi, but it just went to a white screen on the 3DS, after selection the game Icon.

I then Followed this post with the F_Core_v3.0.5, plugged it in using the supplied cable - LED flashed for 30 seconds. . . .then VOILA!!! Got the SpoungeBob Icon and it is now working on the 3DS!!

Thanks Heaps GUYS!!!!

robilyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the new f_core_v3.0.5 working with both DSi fw 1.4.3 and 3DS fw 3.0.0-5? I mean only on M3i Zero GMP-Z003...
Need to upgrade with M3GUpdaterPlus_143.nds, before flashing the new f_core?

PypeBros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
dude this thread is old no need to bring it back (oops i just did that :) )
I know that. I haven't found any other thread, and the issue still exists. As there might be people who have been more lucky than I am, at least I have a need to bring it back and see if I can dump my M3i or have still hope to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it