Hacking Not able to boot into Gateway Mode

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have an old 3DS and the version is 9.2.0-20E.
Everything was fine until i decided to use Emunand so i could play online.
After formating the Emunand and reinstalling menuhax i am not able to start the Gateway Mode.
When im in the hombrewlauncher and choose to start gateway my system goes into a never ending black screen and i have to turn it off. What could cause this kind of problem?

D

Deleted User

I have an old 3DS and the version is 9.2.0-20E.
Everything was fine until i decided to use Emunand so i could play online.
After formating the Emunand and reinstalling menuhax i am not able to start the Gateway Mode.
When im in the hombrewlauncher and choose to start gateway my system goes into a never ending black screen and i have to turn it off. What could cause this kind of problem?
Menuhax and the hbl is well known for its bad bootrates under a emunand.Keep trying or switch to a9lh instead of menuhax with this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Reactions: Zidapi

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thanks for the fast reply i tried rebooting it about 20 times but no luck. blackscreen all the way after starting gateway. gonna try that guide. cheers

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Either way It would still be a good idea to install A9LH+Luma. Then just setup Gateway to work with that setup ..

My Gateway had really bad bootrates originally with the DS Profile exploit (not sure why tbh ..), but after installing A9LH+Luma and using Gateway payload, it hasn't failed to boot even once .. though it may just be coincidence lul.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's odd, the MSET entry point has a 100% boot rate ordinarily.

Yeah that's what I thought too .. I bought the 3DS used and the seller claimed he never had that problem. After I'd boot into Gateway, the light on the Gateway card would shine .. sometimes in different colors, sometimes not at all, but whether the light shone or not didn't seem to affect whether I booted or not .. if I didn't boot, I'd get stuck in an eternal black screen after the Gateway logo. The seller claimed the card is not even supposed to shine in the first place so idk. Haven't had that problem now, though granted I've not booted into Gateway too much since using CIA's is just much easier.

Because of how annoying it was to use Gateway back then, I never shut off my DS after I managed to get it boot .. probably killed my battery somewhat by doing that <.<

Last edited by Distrance,

madbullman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Menuhax and the hbl is well known for its bad bootrates under a emunand.Keep trying or switch to a9lh instead of menuhax with this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

So im almost done with this. Everything worked fine except the last step. Injecting FBI does work i get no errors but when i start health and information it starts the default application NOT the FBI. Tried doing troubleshooting guide with Godmode9 but this does not help. Anyone know what to do?

Do you have the latest Gateway launcher.dat? 4.2 I believe is the latest version.

yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind!!! it worked the problem was i was injecting the wrong file with hourglass! Ominous66521 thanks for the guide it really helped me out ! =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad: