North Korea and Trump

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Youkai, Aug 10, 2017.

1. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    they will not go to a full blown nuclear war for North Korea, if North Korea is the one that starts the whole thing they will not side with them.

2. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, but the others aren't connected via land to one of our allies, with nukes, and a shit ton of missiles aimed at their biggest city.

3. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    What you guys are missing is that the US is threatening an attack for testing missiles. Not in response for an attack. They want to test missiles around guam, which is US occupied.

Damn Autocorrect

dj4uk6cjm likes this.
  4. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Trump is gonna end up destroying the country with nukes and some will praise him, while many will call what he did deplorable. NK is a country that has been stagnating for ages. A different president in power in the US and things would just continue on as they did with Obama and Bush in the White House, for better or for worse, NK really isn't our problem, nor have they ever been a real threat (And really they still aren't). But now we got a child in office (ironic considering he's our oldest president elected into office), who doesn't know what he's doing and will take NK's empty threats to heart and will end up obliterating the entire country.

Which frankly I think is terrible. Yeah, Kim and his totalitarianism need to be gone, but it shouldn't be through a means of killing so many innocent people. They gotta Seal Team 6 this thing if they really want to handle this thing properly (and I mean more than take out just Kim, I'm aware that there is a chain of command that would need to be taken out as well). Even still should they remove him and his chain of command from power, I still don't know how you move on to bringing democracy there and/or uniting NK with SK. No matter how you look at it, its a mess, and that likely plays into some of the reasons why past presidents have not tried to tackle the NK issues.

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And yet some people are defending NK and saying "Lol just let them do it and leave them alone", yeah, real freaking smart.

dj4uk6cjm and WeedZ like this.
  6. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    Trump isn't doing anything wrong.
    I'm pretty sure he will not attack first, and if he does, it will be when he's 100% sure that it can be done.
    Russia already said that it doesn't want NK as a nuclear state, so that's one potential ally.
    If a war does break out, I'm pretty sure it will be through conventional warfare and not a nuclear war, unless Kim attacks first.
    I'm more worried about China, because of their "we'll be neutral only if north korea attacks first."

I really don't know what Xi Jin Ping is trying to do here, is he trying to drag himself into war with the US? Just as the tensions with India grow?
    Maybe this is some 6D chess, but I don't know what to expect from the CCP anymore.
    Could have been just Jiang's faction messing around with the news outlets though.

But Go Trump. I'd much rather have him, a competent leader that loves his people instead of a warmongering dictator that couldn't care less about the lives of it's people.

Last edited by Pacheko17, Aug 11, 2017
    dj4uk6cjm likes this.
  7. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Yes, probably it would be like the one on that base in Syria, what is problematic is how N.K. would respond to a symbolic attack like that one.

8. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you don't think the Middle East is connected by land to our allied countries, I don't think you have that great a grasp on geography

9. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I have seen a map a few times, and those countries we bombed didn't have atomic bombs.

10. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    To be fair, they've been doing these missile tests for well over a decade now (maybe even way longer, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing about these same kinds of tests back in 2006). I personally haven't taken a single one of their threats seriously for the past 10 years, and we're all still fine, so I really do get that mentality of let them do them. I feel more threatened by global warming at this point than I do NK, and I bet most people in Guam feel the same way, I doubt many of them actually feel threatened.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think what they're saying is NK is in incredibly close proximity to SK connected by the same land mass. I mean whats the closest ally to say Iran? Is it India? That's not exactly what I'd consider to be close proximity.

11. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Saudi Arabia is a US ally my dude

WeedZ likes this.
  12. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    i though there were lot of treaty between them but nott army alliance
    like trading treraty and such, but army alliance treaty? i doubt there is one between SA and US

13. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
  14. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    We sell them a ton of weapons. They are considered an ally. But as an american, I wouldn't go there though.

15. duffmmann

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    True, but I was thinking of allies that we're actually friendly with. We all know that our relations with Saudi Arabia amounts to little more than our need for all of their sweet sweet oil. I mean I wouldn't personally set a foot in that country.

Last edited by duffmmann, Aug 11, 2017
  16. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    N Korea isn't threatening to test missiles around Guam, they're threatening to delete it.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  17. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    It all makes sense now, Trump has been drunk the whole time during his campaign and while he's been president! :P

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    I just watched this small interview about Women rights in North Korea from actual defectors who have lived in NK for 30+ years before they defected. And it is quite frankly disgusting and sickening. I mean some of the stuff the defectors were saying reminded me of the kind of stupid plot twist you would hear about in some f****d up movie. Like some of the stuff they said about how women are treated on a day to day basis really struck a cord since it rivals and in some cases surpasses other countries.

BTW i HIGHLY recommend you sub that channel if you want in depth factual stories from the latest in Asia. They cover stories from SK,NK,China,Japan, India and Indonesia.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Aug 11, 2017
    queendude and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  19. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    ^^^^^^

20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And yet, people expect us to sit idly by and let Kim Jong Douche to get away with it.