Hacking NOR Help!

AstroNaught!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i'm in desperate need of help. I had Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories on the NOR and i updated the firmware to fix another problem. Not the title has been changed into a bunch of chinese character and i can't delete it. I tried formatting the NOR and it wont let me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you just mean the number on the back then they did not update the silkscreen. Everything else you describe sounds exactly like what happens with new model EZ4s and old loaders.

AstroNaught!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This also happened on mine when i tried a old firmware, my card is a new version

this is the best way to check if the card is the new or old model xD

FAST6191 btw that file you provided "2013_03_06 is for the new ez iv? my eziv reset never works... i even tried the client on a XP virtual machine and it was no use...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was more to reset as the game launched which was the issue with a few games. The file itself is the newest of the new card compatible kernels (so far there have been three) but with kuwanger's reset patch (though possibly an earlier one) applied to it, I would suggest grabbing the new loader, applying the patch, making it have whatever skin you want and then flashing that but the file should sort AstroNaught!'s issue.

Reset itself. I saw you mention you wanted to change the buttons, for some reason one of the client updates broke this and it never got fixed.
Go to c:\windows\temp and edit a file called para.ini (or EZ4para.ini, I forget). The combos should all be plain text and simple to edit.

Personally I never use soft reset but I tend to use a SP or an original DS, this means I am less inclined to pay attention or care if it does not work.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok so now thats fixed but now i have the ugly starwars theme. how do i change this?

themes are inside the .bin, that means you need to patch that update file with your custom theme and update ez iv again... i am not sure how to inject themes inside the ez update file...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not entirely sure what people have against the star wars skin.

Still get the new ezfla_up.bin from the EZ4client download at http://www.ezflash.cn/downloads/ (or that one I just linked, it is all good), patch it with kuwanger's tools I linked (this will get you the reset patch) and then add it to the directory with ezskinner ( http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1590 ).
The rest is just EZSkinner usage.

EZSkinner is based on visual basic which MS nerfed quite hard, to that end if you have a XP virtual machine or a machine with XP still on it then you are probably in for a better time. You can try fiddling with VB runtimes, alternatively the tools that ezskinner uses are just DOS tools.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

Still get the new ezfla_up.bin from the EZ4client download at http://www.ezflash.cn/downloads/ (or that one I just linked, it is all good), patch it with kuwanger's tools I linked (this will get you the reset patch) and then add it to the directory with ezskinner ( http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1590 ).

EZSkinner is based on visual basic which MS nerfed quite hard, to that end if you have a XP virtual machine or a machine with XP still on it then you are probably in for a better time. You can try fiddling with VB runtimes, alternatively the tools that ezskinner uses are just DOS tools.

later i will try to make guide about all ez stuff i had learned so far... this card needs a lot of updated info, people get lot of confusion with stuff i did get confused too...
there are guides but they are not "2014" friendly... i mean, not aware of 2 versions of the card, neither which tools are for the card etc, i will try to make the guide...

also, at first time i also didnt liked darth vader but i am used to now..

my issue with darth vader was because the fake icons... i couldn't select the second row icon when trying the card for the first time xD

AstroNaught!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how do you use the ezskinner? i am not at full understanding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water