noob trying to load 3DS flashcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by toptenmaterial, Feb 12, 2018.

1. toptenmaterial
    OP

toptenmaterial Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Providence, RI, USA
    Hi, trying to run DS roms on my 2DS through a flashcard. The card is the R4i RTS 3DS/DS. First I tried just loading the games onto the root in a ROMS file (no dice), then I download R$i-3DS V1.84, extacted and put the folders onto the SD root, and made a separate Gamaes file. It didn't like that either. I'm not interested in hacking the whole 2DS, just running the roms. How can I do that? Thanks.

2. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    what roms are you trying to load? 3DS or NDS

what is the website printed on the card. did you get the kernel files required from that site?

3. toptenmaterial
    OP

toptenmaterial Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Providence, RI, USA
    I'm trying to load DS roms. The card is from nds-card.com which is a little tough to navigate. I suppose I could shoot them an email.

4. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    not where you purchased it from, there is a site printed on the label of the card, that site will have the kernel files that you require on the SD Card

5. toptenmaterial
    OP

toptenmaterial Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Providence, RI, USA
    Thanks. That's so incredibly obvious that I can't believe I missed it. :D I'm gonna check it out now, I'll let you know how I make out.

6. toptenmaterial
    OP

toptenmaterial Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Providence, RI, USA
    Yeah it works. Thanks a lot!

Hunter likes this.