Hacking noob questions for wii u

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,
my brother has a wii u and he gave it to me, so i checked it, it is 5.3.2E firmware and using webbrowser hack with zsun wifi card reader.
i checked here and saw lots of guide about haxchi and how to install it.They are all looking not very complicated. bu i don't understand a few things

1- console has vwii hack too, if i update it to 5.5.2, will it delete vwii hack, or is there any risks for vwii mod brick ?
2- if it will delete vwii hack, how can i do the vwii mod hacking progress, i checked and saw i need lego batman or another listed game, so is there a way to hack it without any game, but i still hope updating wii u won't delete anything on vwii mode.
3- i had 256 gb sd card on wii u and plenty of games, so can i convert my games to wup format, or downloading them again will be more healthy ?
4- i am plannig to use mocha cfw and my wii u is 32 gb, can i install games to internal hdd ?
5- i will probably buy nintendo switch on next week so i can't buy a hdd for wii u sooner, can i continue using my sd card with gx loader on cfw ? i saw a few videos on youtube about people added gx loader as ca channel on wii u menu.
6- after installing everything should i keep my sd card on wii u? i mean i prefer to put my 2 gb sd card with vwii files or can i put vwii files on my other 256 gb sd card ?
7- i had save files from loadiine hack, when i start to using hdd for games, can i transfer my save files or will i have to start games from beginnig ?

Thanks for all answer :))

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- no
2- once you hack the wii u you can hack the vwii from there without a game but you wont have to.
3- I don't know if you can convert them. I know you can download almost all of them using wiiuusbhelper
4- you can install to internal but you will run out of room quickly. Recommend external HDD
5- I believe you would have to use CFW to launch that. Usb loader gx is for vwii anyway. You can run wii u games off sd card using loadiine
6- you can put all the files needed to run both the wii u and vwii on the same sd card.
7- you should be able to use the save files but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I believe the save files need to be in the same place as the game. Alternatively you can download save files and transfer them using saviine.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
my brother has a wii u and he gave it to me, so i checked it, it is 5.3.2E firmware and using webbrowser hack with zsun wifi card reader.
i checked here and saw lots of guide about haxchi and how to install it.They are all looking not very complicated. bu i don't understand a few things

1- console has vwii hack too, if i update it to 5.5.2, will it delete vwii hack, or is there any risks for vwii mod brick ?
2- if it will delete vwii hack, how can i do the vwii mod hacking progress, i checked and saw i need lego batman or another listed game, so is there a way to hack it without any game, but i still hope updating wii u won't delete anything on vwii mode.
3- i had 256 gb sd card on wii u and plenty of games, so can i convert my games to wup format, or downloading them again will be more healthy ?
4- i am plannig to use mocha cfw and my wii u is 32 gb, can i install games to internal hdd ?
5- i will probably buy nintendo switch on next week so i can't buy a hdd for wii u sooner, can i continue using my sd card with gx loader on cfw ? i saw a few videos on youtube about people added gx loader as ca channel on wii u menu.
6- after installing everything should i keep my sd card on wii u? i mean i prefer to put my 2 gb sd card with vwii files or can i put vwii files on my other 256 gb sd card ?
7- i had save files from loadiine hack, when i start to using hdd for games, can i transfer my save files or will i have to start games from beginnig ?

Thanks for all answer :))
1 - No risk for vWii. It won't affect it
2 - It won't affect it. Also you don't need a game. There is a way to hack your vWii from Wii U called "WUPhax"
3 - You can convert them. There is an app but that will take you forever. Just use Wii U USB Helper and re-download them in the correct format
4 - Yes but why choose Mocha over HaxChi CFW? It's so much easier to use and install.
5 - GX Loader? Are you talking about Wii U or vWii? The SD needs to stay fat32 so any homebrew in vWii that uses the SD will be unaffected by anything you add on it for Wii U.
6 - It doesn't matter. You can use any SD and it should work. You will for sure run into issues trying to install games larger than 2gb with the 2gb SD card since you first have to put the install files on the SD before installing to USB or sysnand
7 - Yes I've done this will all my loadiine game saves. Use saviine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1