Hacking Noob question.

Sam S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today, I was doing my thing. Playing with my r4i gold 3ds card. I try to play Kirby: Superstar ultra and a white screen pops up. I waited for around 30 seconds. Nothing happened, so i exited the game. I try to go back in the r4i gold 3ds menu, and i get a message saying "an error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off." Can anyone help?

(Everything i have on my 3DS

Firmware 10.7,
My r4 card has the latest wood r4 kernel on it
)

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using CFW? Have you even tried to reboot and try again, to see if it works? Sometimes they just freak out and work fine afterwards.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
So today, I was doing my thing. Playing with my r4i gold 3ds card. I try to play Kirby: Superstar ultra and a white screen pops up. I waited for around 30 seconds. Nothing happened, so i exited the game. I try to go back in the r4i gold 3ds menu, and i get a message saying "an error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off." Can anyone help?

(Everything i have on my 3DS

Firmware 10.7,
My r4 card has the latest wood r4 kernel on it
)
What cfw?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What cfw?

Since you noobs have been living under a rock all these years, I'll will give you the bearbones what cfw is.

CFW stands for custom firmware
An example of a cfw is reinand, rxtools, and aureinand

CFW allows installing pirated 3ds games onto the sd card of your 3ds, and also allows everything else to be done on a 3ds (gba emulator, homebrew channel, original r4 flashcards, etc)

To get cfw working on your 3ds, you will need to downgrade your firmware to 9.2.

To downgrade your 3ds, go to the tutorial section of gbatemp.net or find a tutorial on youtube of how to downgrade 10.7 firmware.

Reactions: QCLasky

Sam S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that I'm using a cfw, I'm just on v10.7.0-32U. I also tried rebooting my 3DS, nothing worked...

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- 1) Does the R4 work in a DS lite. If so what is displayed ?
- 2) Maybe the microSD in it is corrupted or malfunctioning, is it read by the computer?
-3) maybe the R4 returned to an older unupdated state, no idea how to fix this...

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Op can you use a Ds lite from one of your friends (if you have them and if they have a DS lite) and try using the r4 in there?
Or ask someone in your vicinity with a CFW 3ds, or a below 6.x firmware 3ds to temporarily use theirs?

Last edited by Amapola62,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is a trainwreck. Op, try adjusting the micro SD in it or pop the cart in and out a few times (for some reason the flash carts dont like to get in the 3ds), reboot and try again, if it freezes then follow the usual steps: format with the Panasonic SD Formatter (full overwrite), and copy the stuff back on.

Last edited by Hking0036,

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Regarding the R4 problem, it's very probable it's blacklisted by the ds flashcards database.
You might also need to go to various sources to try to find a different firmware for your card. Try YSMENU from RetroGameFan thread

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...back to the topic ^^ It seems OP's r4 worked normally on his latest firmware 3ds untill it froze in a game and then got blocked...

The problem is that from what I know latest r4 gold 3ds from R4ids.cn are suppose to be preflashed to work with the latest firmware...if that flashing got erased I suppose the R4 is broken and unusable...since I don't think there's an update for the D model r4 gold...There's one to make the C model compatible with 6.X though...

Last edited by Amapola62,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality