Hacking Noob question - Controller instead of wiimote

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey is there any way of using a controller instead of the wiimote on wii games? I wouldn't mind playing Mario galaxy but I've never been a fan of waving the wiimote about. I assume that when you shake the wiimote, it just sends a signal that is the same as pressing a button on a pad, so has anyone written a plugin for a loader or something?

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is Dolphin, I think if such a plugin were to be made it would've been done already. It's not quite that easy either to map the motions to a controller, it can be done but those motion inputs are a little more complex than a signal from a button press. This is based solely on my observation of trying to play Skyward Sword with a controller on dolphin, which is something I don't recommend for that game personally.

goodbytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried super mario galaxy on Dolphin with a 360 controller and while it's playable, it's not ideal, there is a hand on screen which is usually moved by motion of the wiimote, you can of course link it to the analog stick it just doesn't work as well as using the wiimote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off