Hacking Noob PSTV Whitelist Hack Question

Mikamiyamoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I couldn't find anything after searching for a while.

Is it possible to check whether the whitelist hack was successful without having a 'blacklisted' application already on hand? I recently purchased a PSTV, running firmware 3.35, and followed these instructions to open up the whitelist: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...exploit-playstation-tv-to-run-all-vita-titles but since I don't have a 'blacklisted' physical game card and getting 'blacklisted' digital content onto the system seems impossible without a system update, there doesn't seem to be a safe way of verifying that I didn't screw the process up somewhere. Is there one? Or do I just have to update and have faith that I did the hack correctly?

Thanks.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Without a game to check if the whitelist was correctly applied, the only way would be to dump the DAT file you replaced (or the database, if you did that whitelist patch) and check them.

The DAT file would be blank (only "format_version:001list_type:bLVER00101" text in file), and the Database would have the triggers installed, if the patches were correctly applied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)