NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mdmeneer

mdmeneer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam
    Thanks! Will try that one out.
    And if I still fail I can always resort in buying it then. :)

2. R08Y

R08Y Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Romania
    I use Nintendont on my Wii if I move the games from my sd card to another sd card would I lose their progress?
    (I'm asking this because when I install Super Mario Sunshine from a disc to USB Loader GX in SD Path I needed to start a new game)

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The "/saves" folder just needs to be on the same drive as the games.

4. JasonH

JasonH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    I was wondering if there was an app or program to rip DVDs straight to a hard drive from the wii. If its possible to rip wii/gamecube games shouldnt it be possible to rip movies and make backups so they can be played through WiiMC?

Last edited by JasonH, Dec 22, 2016
  5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yep. Cleanrip is a standalone one and the best or you can use USB Loader GX to install it straight to the drive.

As for movies only the first two or three shipments of Wiis were capable of reading DVDs.

6. ColdEagle

ColdEagle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    Hi all,
    I'm getting a "Error #001, unauthorized device has been detected." When I attempt to launch mario kart, via usb loader gx, any ideas? My other games I've tested (and ripped) myself so far appear to be fine.
    Thanks

7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Something on your system is old if you're getting that error - either the cIOS you're using or the loader. Are you on an older system menu from 4.3 and haven't updated?

ColdEagle likes this.
  8. ColdEagle

ColdEagle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    Is there an easy way to run a report on everything installed and their versions etc?

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just SysCheck... For apps you have to check them each manually as there isn't a consistent versioning system.

10. ColdEagle

ColdEagle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    Thanks I appreciate the help,
    usbloader gx version: 3.0r126. under credits screen: Rev1262 IOS249 (Rev 65535) + AHB (d2x v10beta52 base56)
    is this what you were needing?
    Am unsure if this was also needed but:

SycCheck

Last edited by ColdEagle, Dec 31, 2016
  11. Wrecktify

Wrecktify Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    So guys, I've got a bit of an issue, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

In hindsight (and before I found this site), I followed a softmodding Instructable that took me through modding my Wii (http://www.instructables.com/id/Softmod-any-Wii-Version-10-43/).

After going through all of the steps, I can run HBC and everything still works okay as far as games and the Wii's SM itself. However, when running any USB loader application (I've tried USB Loader GX, CFG USB Loader, WiiFlow, etc.) and even a backup application (CleanRip) and they all seem to freak out and lock the Wii up hard, forcing a hard reset.

I tried to run a SysCheck and the Wii completely hard locks at "Testing IOS vulnerabilities...Please wait....", with a green progress bar that stops moving.

I've tried updating the cIOS' I have for slots 248, 249, and 250 with d2x, using beta 52 and beta 53 both, using base 56 for 248, 57 for 249, and 58 for 250, and while homebrew apps are working, they definitely aren't functioning like they should.

SD Card is formatted (freshly) with FAT32, it's a 2GB card so not SDHC, and I'm using a brand new SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB USB flash drive.

Based on all of this, what in the world do I do to begin figuring out this mess? Being that SysCheck can't even complete at all, I'm not sure how to get a log that would help anyone understand any additional technical info that would be needed.

EDIT: So, this is all SysCheck is showing me (in the quotes)
    EDIT 2: Just kidding, I was running an older SysCheck, which apparently sucks. Here's the full SysCheck.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Wrecktify, Dec 30, 2016
  12. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    @Wrecktify Try a HDD and see if that works. Flash drives suck as Wii storage. Sometimes they read fine, usually they freeze trying to dump to them.

13. wadhackz

wadhackz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    If I use a Wii version that still has the Trucha Bug, do I still have to install a CIOS to use usb loaders?

14. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yes. Trucha bug is only a security certificate error. You still need a cIOS that's patched to redirect the optical disc commands to USB.

wadhackz likes this.
  15. Wrecktify

Wrecktify Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    @GreyWolf thanks for the suggestion; I actually tried a completely different USB drive (an older one at that) and I can dump disks fine using it. I can also read ISOs/WBFS' files just fine, it just seems to be writing. All I need is a 128GB flash drive and that's overkill, hence why I didn't sprint for an actual USB hard disk drive. Guess I'll have to figure something else out.

16. yenice

yenice Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    I purchased a white wii sports package from a seniors house Christmas bazaar to support them. Then I wanted to start it. It did not start.

I never had any console experience, but I am good with computers and technical stuff.

My pack has the following details:
    wii model rvl 001 USA
    Serial Number: LU6384......

I have 2 Wii remotes and 2 Nunchucks

Remote bluetooth sensed by my mobile as: Nintendo RVL-CNT-01, so the remote bluetooth working, but they did not connect to the console.

I looked at the front side of the sensor bar with a mobile camera and clicked the red console Sync button. None of the IR leds were on.

I have the following disks:
    wii sports
    Super Mario Bros .wii (deep scratches)
    Hottest Party 3 disk from Konami

I also have a konami dance controller. The dance controller can be connected to my wii console by one of the GC coltroller sockets. My controller and disk can be seen in the following address:
    http://www.ddrgame.com/dance-dance-revolution-2-wii-konami-mat-party3.html

Please note that I do not know what has been done before me with my console, and I have no experience on consoles at all. My wii console always had a black screen so far, but today I had an idea. I plugged the dance controller to the 4th socket on wii and started the console, holding 4 stepping sections down. Then I got on the lower right side of the black screen the following:

4.3 USA

So, that is may recovery Mode so far.

At this point, I guess I need to insert a new game disk and it would update the software problems of my console.

I insert the Wii Sports disk, the console reads it, I hear the noise and the feel the vibrations on console, but nothing comes on the screen,
    I insert the Hottest Party3 disk in the console, the console reads it but nothing comes on my screen. My console can not spin Super Mario Bros disk probably due to deep scratches on it.

I also downloaded the following software and tried at the recovery screen to run them, but black screen stayed the same:
    Nintendo Official Wii Backup Disk v 1.31
    Nintendo Wii System Menu 3.2 Downgrade
    Cookies Counting Carnaval
    I burned iso files to disks and inserted in Recovery Mode but they were not read by the console.

I downloaded Modmii for windows 6.4.1 and tried Wilbrand (I do not know my wifi mac address) and Super Smash Brothers Brawl options on SD cards but the console did not go anywhere other than the black screen.

I think it is not modded but somehow got screwed before me. What else can I try with this console?

Is there some games that I can download, burn to a disk and try (preferably free), or is there any way to revive the console from this point on? Please let me know what to do.

17. Iceflare42

Iceflare42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Hello all and happy holidays!
    I just got an old wii and started the journey of hacking it. I got partially through 2 guides before they had issues then one guide worked. I am left with a simi hacked wii ie hbc and it plays games in usb loader gx from hd, but cant use usb peripherals(it sees the usb hdd). No programs I get from wiibrew work ie the browser, media players, channel forwarders, for usb loader, wad managers etc. So I think I need different or more cios installed and to be pointed to when loading software. my problem seems to lie in the fact that there are many wii-u guides out but not many recent ones for the wii. What iI need is for someone to look at my syslog and tell me what needs to be updated added or removed and what software you use to do this. My end goal is to have an updated cleaned up sys. that works.
    P.S. I have a nand dump with keys so am fairly brick proof and this page helped me understand oses better...but is still 5 years old..http://gwht.wikidot.com/ioses-explained
    Here is my syslog

Ty for any help you may provide and have a great day regardless!!

18. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Hi, I will say to remod your Wii with ModMii to update your wii the good way. Modmii will put everything you need in your SD card and you will be good.

19. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Try putting beta 52 of d2x v10 in slot249 as 56 instead of beta53. Beta53 has compatibility issues with some games and emulated NAND that beta52 doesn't have.

Also, some games that use USB peripherals might need to be switched to IOS250. (Or possibly even add a d2x v10-beta52 as IOS248[38] and try it.)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can use a spare SD card and Cleanrip and dump them to it then make them into WBFS files on your PC. Cleanrip should write fine to SD.

20. Sledge1

Sledge1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2009
    Hi Guys,
    I've been away for quite a while, and i've just hooked up my Wii again, looking to get it up to date (if needed)? (I never really understood any of this stuff anyway)
    I have HBC and Priiloader installed.
    Got a new copy of WiiFlow (4.2.1?) installed on SDcard
    Currently moving all my WBFS files back to the HDD with Wii backup manager.
    Been reading lots..
    Do you think i need to update?
    Actually, just tried to run a couple of games to test it, and they don't run.. after about 10 seconds it goes back to the wii system menu..
    So what's the best way to update the wii from it's current state?
    Would like to have it pretty much the same with HBC and priiloader, but booting straight to wiiflow (it doesn't do that now)

Last edited by Sledge1, Jan 9, 2017