Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Mark Grindcore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When trying to boot up HBB i get an error that states "requesting repositories list... the server appears to be having issues. retrying.... Read error -81 occurred. Retrying..." i have re installed HB multiple times as well as download and re install HBB but i continue to get the same issue. I have tried on another internet connection and i don't get the error but it gets stuck on retreiving repositories list. I'm at my witts end so i decided to see if anybody here knows what my issue might be. Im running wii version 4.3U and HBB version 0.3.9e and HB version 1.1.2 IOS58 V24.32

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When trying to boot up HBB i get an error that states "requesting repositories list... the server appears to be having issues. retrying.... Read error -81 occurred. Retrying..." i have re installed HB multiple times as well as download and re install HBB but i continue to get the same issue. I have tried on another internet connection and i don't get the error but it gets stuck on retreiving repositories list. I'm at my witts end so i decided to see if anybody here knows what my issue might be. Im running wii version 4.3U and HBB version 0.3.9e and HB version 1.1.2 IOS58 V24.32

I created a tutorial about how to fix this. read it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-the-homebrew-browser-in-six-easy-steps.438982/
The problem is that codemii is down so you need to switch to secondary server, which I show how to do that on the tutorial.

Revonoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can give me advice/options on. I have a first run Wii console that I sent back to Nintendo years ago for the laser upgrade to run Metroid Other M. It is running 4.3u but doesn't have the last update for the Wii Shop and even though it will successfully connect to the internet and start the update, it just craps out 30 seconds into it and gives me either error code 32004 (with my new router) or 32007 (with my old router that it ran perfectly on for years). The ONLY reason I was trying to connect was to reacquire games I had paid good money for on there years ago.

Here is why I'm posting this in hacking forum..... I actually have backups of every single one of my Wiiware purchases on an SD card but my console refuses to copy them to the system or play them (I backed them up before the laser work and never re-downloaded them).

Is there a hack I can use to simply copy my purchased downloads from the SD card back to the Wii and make them usable again without having to repair my connection to the Wii Shop? I would much rather hack them back onto the system at this point than go through the trouble of paying Nintendo to (hopefully) fix it. I've used homebrew with emulators in the past but just want my paid channels back on it at this point.

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just got a Wii and simply put I want to play games on it. I bought a 32GB SD card, but I am unsure how to mod it now/get homebrew channel to play games on it. I am a little lost so if anyone could point me to a guide that would be great :)

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so a while back when I bought a refurbished Wii before I even existed in this community. I asked my friend for help softmodding it (mistake #1). He gave me two youtube links, told me to follow them, and refused to help in any other way (mistake #2). So I followed them because I was naive and was a nub at console modding(mistake #3). Anyways, I setup homebrew, then immediately took a nand backup (so everything should be functional on that nand backup). After that, I followed the crappy guides that gave me crappy tools to do stuff with. During it however, I installed Dios Mios (mistake #4). My current issue is that every Gamecube game through USB Loader GX/Dios Mios/Nintendont crashes often. My question is, should I just restore the nand backup and start from scratch? There isn't anything I really care about on the wii since I mainly used it to play melee/other gc games. FWIW I have bootmii installed to boot2 or whatever it is called, and can probably get any more information if someone needs it. I do not have the youtube links though.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so a while back when I bought a refurbished Wii before I even existed in this community. I asked my friend for help softmodding it (mistake #1). He gave me two youtube links, told me to follow them, and refused to help in any other way (mistake #2). So I followed them because I was naive and was a nub at console modding(mistake #3). Anyways, I setup homebrew, then immediately took a nand backup (so everything should be functional on that nand backup). After that, I followed the crappy guides that gave me crappy tools to do stuff with. During it however, I installed Dios Mios (mistake #4). My current issue is that every Gamecube game through USB Loader GX/Dios Mios/Nintendont crashes often. My question is, should I just restore the nand backup and start from scratch? There isn't anything I really care about on the wii since I mainly used it to play melee/other gc games. FWIW I have bootmii installed to boot2 or whatever it is called, and can probably get any more information if someone needs it. I do not have the youtube links though.

Pretend it has never been modded and follow this guide to re-softmod it using ModMii:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Then install the current version of USB Loader GX:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/

Then install Nintendont if you want to play GameCubes:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Hope this helps...

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, also how do I map the Gamecube controller buttons when coding Wii homebrew?

Wii controls are preceded with a "W". (i.e.: WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT is the left D-pad on the Wii remote, PAD_BUTTON_LEFT is the same button on a GC controller) They are located in "wiiuse/wpad.h" and "ogc/pad.h" respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte