Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues installing a WAD manager. I've downloaded one, placed it on the SD card I'm using, but when I open Homebrew Channel, there's nothing to select? I placed the file on the root of the SD card as well as creating a folder called "apps" and placing it in there with no luck. Does the size of my SD card matter? I'm using a 16GB SDHC card, which had no problems opening the file to install Homebrew.

It has to be in a folder (/apps/somename/boot.dol)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ. Every single tutorial I read simply said "place the .dol file in the "apps" folder. Not one of the tutorials I've read mentioned creating a folder for the app itself.

Thanks for the help.

Yup. It has to go in a folder otherwise you could only have one app installed. :)

likiji123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been going through this tutorial to play PM on my PAL wii
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-a-pal-wii-updated.356936/

everything goes fine untill i plug the usb into the wii
1. The light in it wont flash like it does on a computer
2. USB loader GX wont load the usb even after several times and trying both ports
all i have on the usb is a NTSC copy of brawl

and the compatibility chart says its compatible
WG5etby.png

bddij2V.png

So i have no idea whats happening, can someone help?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I GOT IT TO WORK SOMEHOW

Last edited by likiji123,

Hastings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive been playing Mario Galaxy on USB Loader GX for 2 days and everything worked fine. Today, in between 2 playing sessions, I installed Nintendont and played an old GC game for a bit and then went back to playing Mario Galaxy again. When I try to start the game the screen will show the dark animation off wii channels overview and itll take me straight back to the Wii homemenu. I rebooted several times and tried reinserting my usb but it still persists. The other Wii games I have on my usb that I tested still work fine, its just Mario Galaxy (which is my favorite :'( ). Can anyone please help me?

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been playing Mario Galaxy on USB Loader GX for 2 days and everything worked fine. Today, in between 2 playing sessions, I installed Nintendont and played an old GC game for a bit and then went back to playing Mario Galaxy again. When I try to start the game the screen will show the dark animation off wii channels overview and itll take me straight back to the Wii homemenu. I rebooted several times and tried reinserting my usb but it still persists. The other Wii games I have on my usb that I tested still work fine, its just Mario Galaxy (which is my favorite :'( ). Can anyone please help me?
Can you show screenshots (or better yet a video) of it happening? Is it Mario Galaxy 1 or 2? Did you save the game before you installed nintendont, and if so, where were you at? Can, on usb loader gx, you switch to the mode that makes the games look like channels on the wii menu, and if so, does mario galaxy show up blank or is the picture of it there? (sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure it out!)

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,

I have had a wii for quite some time (modded of course) but recently it has started to throw DSi errors when I try to run USB Loader GX, so I was wondering if updating the Wii will delete any corrupted cios and then I could patch it again, or will the update make things even worse?

I don't have a nand backup btw.

Last edited by Scarecrow B,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have had a wii for quite some time (modded of course) but recently it has started to throw DSi errors when I try to run USB Loader GX, so I was wondering if updating the Wii will delete any corrupted cios and then I could patch it again, or will the update make things even worse?

I don't have a nand backup btw.
If you setup the cIOSs in the proper slots, then no, the update won't touch them (with some exceptions). You can install fresh cIOSs, though (I recommend d2x v8 or later). If you still have problems, might not be a bad idea to make sure your IOS58 is clean. Though, if you're just now having problems, your drive might be going bad.

Last edited by TecXero,

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you setup the cIOSs in the proper slots, then no, the update won't touch them (with some exceptions). You can install fresh cIOSs, though (I recommend d2x v8 or later). If you still have problems, might not be a bad idea to make sure your IOS58 is clean. Though, if you're just now having problems, your drive might be going bad.

I have already tried installing the most recent cIOS (I used ModMii for that) but the error keeps appearing, though it only happens with USB Loader GX and it works fine with wiiflow, that's why I think my HDD is still ok. I don't have anything against Wiiflow, is just that for some reason it doesn't download the covers for my PAL games, also I kind of like USB Loader GX interface.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already tried installing the most recent cIOS (I used ModMii for that) but the error keeps appearing, though it only happens with USB Loader GX and it works fine with wiiflow, that's why I think my HDD is still ok. I don't have anything against Wiiflow, is just that for some reason it doesn't download the covers for my PAL games, also I kind of like USB Loader GX interface.
Are you using the latest version of USB Loader GX? Also, you could try the USB Loader GX thread. Cyan would have a far better chance of knowing what's causing a crash like that in USB Loader GX.

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using the latest version of USB Loader GX? Also, you could try the USB Loader GX thread. Cyan would have a far better chance of knowing what's causing a crash like that in USB Loader GX.
Originally I was using and old version but then updated to the latest version trying to fix the error. I guess I'll try asking in the USB Loader GX thread, I just thought that maybe if I could clean my wii cIOS that would fix any possible problem/issue.

Kalle Eskelinen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys, could you help me? HBC doesn't recognize any of the USB drives that I've tried. They've all been formatted to FAT32 etc. but they still haven't showed up. Am I supposed to install some cIOS or something? I'm on 4.3 and am just trying to get Nintendont to work.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, could you help me? HBC doesn't recognize any of the USB drives that I've tried. They've all been formatted to FAT32 etc. but they still haven't showed up. Am I supposed to install some cIOS or something? I'm on 4.3 and am just trying to get Nintendont to work.

No cIOS is needed or used for HBC or Nintendont. They use stock IOS58. If your FAT32 partition is the first primary partition and HBC doesn't see it then the drive may not be compatible. Make sure you're using the outer USB port.

Kalle Eskelinen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No cIOS is needed or used for HBC or Nintendont. They use stock IOS58. If your FAT32 partition is the first primary partition and HBC doesn't see it then the drive may not be compatible. Make sure you're using the outer USB port.
I've done all of those things, but the drives don't work anyway. Kinda weird how 3 different drives don't work, but oh well. Any cheap recommendations? Also, thanks for the help.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done all of those things, but the drives don't work anyway. Kinda weird how 3 different drives don't work, but oh well. Any cheap recommendations? Also, thanks for the help.
If they're all flashdrives, that's not surprising, the Wii has troubles with most flashdrives. Any USB HDD/SSD will work. You can also use a SD card through the built in reader or a USB reader (which will support a higher read speed).

Kalle Eskelinen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If they're all flashdrives, that's not surprising, the Wii has troubles with most flashdrives. Any USB HDD/SSD will work. You can also use a SD card through the built in reader or a USB reader (which will support a higher read speed).
Oooh, okay. That makes sense, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr