Noob guide updated for 5.5.2 users. New WebExploit

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Machow8

Machow8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    Really weird. The update may have been moved to another place. I suggest you to ask for help to the guide's author, since that person knows more than me on that.

Try this guide before be too late and 5.5.2 be moved away from update folder to another unknow (by me) folder/path: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

2. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    yeah will do thanks, and also my games won't start as they all pop up the same system update message.

3. Machow8

Machow8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    That is good, because you have a chance to remove that update for good, just need to know where it is.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  4. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    okay so we can all confirm that users with CBHC on 5.5.1 will lose it if they update to 5.5.2?

5. Machow8

Machow8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    Will not lose it, since only brower exploit was confirmed to be patched.

Really, only update to 5.5.2 if you are giving up about using hacks in your Wii U, or just stay on 5.5.1, use nnupatcher to access eShop on it, delete update folder (using this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/) to avoid any risk and, if an update error block your new bough game download (or redownload a game that you bough already), just go to download manager and press the button that allow delete it and continue your download or, if that don't work, just reboot your Wii U (by turning it off and on) and redo the download manager steps i just wrote here.

I'll only update my Wii U to 5.5.2 when i give up about hacking it, until that comes, i'll keep my Wii U on 5.5.1.

6. rickwj324

rickwj324 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    I modded my wii-u months ago and it works great. I've been contemplating picking up a second Wii-U console and want to know if I would be able to mod it following any specific tutorial or is the 5.5.2 release preventing us from modding any wii-u's until there's a workaround?

Last edited by rickwj324, Aug 13, 2017
  7. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    rickwj324 and Cyan like this.
  8. TudorBlue

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    Im on 5.5.1 with haxchi installed, so its sfaee up update to 5.5.2? If so, how??

9. Machow8

Machow8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    I hope that you didn't spoof it to 5.5.2..if you did, you are doomed and won't be able to update to 'normal' 5.5.2.

But, my Wii U is still on 5.5.1, since games can access online without the need of Wii U be on the latest update and, if i need eShop access, i can just use nnupatcher. Also, if i need to download a game that i bough or an update for one of them and a failed system update stops it, i just have to reboot my Wii U ( and if the failed system update is still there, i can just delete it before or after the reboot) and the game or game's update download will continue until done. =]

Last edited by Machow8, Aug 28, 2017
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    spoofing doesn't affect being able to update. u can update normally without issue.

11. Machow8

Machow8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    Curious, since i had read before, somewhere in gbatemp, that a guy was having trouble to update from spoofed 5.5.2 (that is 5.5.1 for real) to real 5.5.2 and who replied said that he was dommed and other stuff like that.

So, if is true or not, can be checked when try to update and see if is possible or not in a spoofed system.

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    all spoofing does is replaces the version.bin file which is what the legit update will do. when the system sees titles that r out-of-date, it will try to forcibly update them. not sure what that person's issue was, but he should be able to update if spoofed. I was spoofed to 5.5.1 on 5.3.2, and I had no issues updating. :)

Machow8 likes this.