the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's already fixed, because I didn't read all the new threads.
Is it still an issue ?
Which WUP installer did you use?

Is it an error from WUP installer, or from nintendo's own function returning an error code?
There's no reason it "think" it's a game (valid or not).
Nintendo's title installer only install apps from NUS, it shouldn't bother if it's a game or not.

Getting the latest "version.bin" title from your correct region, and installing it with WUP should be enough to spoof the version.
Another solution is to use CBHC which spoof to v99

It's been since corrected, one has to use the non whitelisted version on the Wii U brew shop, as since been stated and reportedly works fine with that version. CBHC, not too keen on installing to be honest.

Edit: typos

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see, thank you.

I also don't want to install CBHC.
I'll go with Haxchi as safe guard in case I update inadvertently, but I always use proxy on PC + dns + myself (best protection). I should be fine but you never know...

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
ow crap guys, i thought i was safe with the cbhc's fw spoof ..

it showed 99.x.x for me, anyway i turned my wii u back on some minutes ago and played some mighty switch force , i quit the game now and am hit with a pop up "System update ready."
your system will now be updated.

what do i do ??

am i screwed now, or should i hard shut down my wii u now and will it not be installed this way?

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trying to prevent bricks here. Watch for updates.

If the guide doesn't mention FW 5.5.2 then stop following it

edit by Cyan :
proof : https://wii.marcan.st/wiimpersonator/reports/wiiu/
new update from July 18th, 2017

Even this guide is outdated or something like that: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki ?

As i can see there, it shows to block Wii U updates and other stuff like that.

ow crap guys, i thought i was safe with the cbhc's fw spoof ..

it showed 99.x.x for me, anyway i turned my wii u back on some minutes ago and played some mighty switch force , i quit the game now and am hit with a pop up "System update ready."
your system will now be updated.

what do i do ??

am i screwed now, or should i hard shut down my wii u now and will it not be installed this way?

Did you try to reboot your Wii U and access the Homebrew Launcher?

If you can access that, you can use Ftpii u everywhere and delete update folder following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

Last edited by Perfect One,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i looked up the updating wii u stuff , and found out that it seems like it is okay to update if you have haxchi/cbhc installed.

and i happen to have both installed, so i guess i can just go on ahead and update my wii u without losing anything.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i looked up the updating wii u stuff , and found out that it seems like it is okay to update if you have haxchi/cbhc installed.

and i happen to have both installed, so i guess i can just go on ahead and update my wii u without losing anything.

That is up to you, but, until i totally give up on hacking, i'll keep my Wii U on 5.5.1.

If you are sure, go on then, but, if you wanna remove all hacks from your Wii U on 5.5.2, like CBHC and others, you won't be able to reinstall them until another browser exploit is avaliable for public can download and use/install.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
That is up to you, but, until i totally give up on hacking, i'll keep my Wii U on 5.5.1.

If you are sure, go on then, but, if you wanna remove all hacks from your Wii U on 5.5.2, like CBHC and others, you won't be able to reinstall them until another browser exploit is avaliable for public can download and use/install.

i think i will just reboot my wii u now then.
better safe than sorry.

i just hope i wont have the system update pop up on me all the time, to remove it is risky from the guide you've sent me.
so i will not touch it.

edit: rebooted my wii u , and now whenever i try to launch anything it shows a "A system update is required before the software update can be downloaded"
that shows up for every title.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think i will just reboot my wii u now then.
better safe than sorry.

i just hope i wont have the system update pop up on me all the time, to remove it is risky from the guide you've sent me.
so i will not touch it.

If you follow the guide i showed you, following each step without skipping anything, you'll be safe, since that is an up-to-date one that i already did on my Wii U and it is all fine.

Just make a backup of the entire update folder to your PC before deleting it: for that, just drag the update folder to you desktop, doing that inside of your FTP program, like FileZilla.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If you follow the guide i showed you, following each step without skipping anything, you'll be safe, since that is an up-to-date one that i already did on my Wii U and it is all fine.

Just make a backup of the entire update folder to your PC before deleting it: for that, just drag the update folder to you desktop, doing that inside of your FTP program, like FileZilla.

yeah i only uze FZ for ftp stuff.
but if i were to follow that long guide, will the update not pop back up after some while ?

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah i only uze FZ for ftp stuff.
but if i were to follow that long guide, will the update not pop back up after some while ?

The update will be gone for good and Wii U will try to update again, but it will fail all the times, giving the 105-3012 error.

And, as i said, make backup of your update folder, so, if the pop-up still occur even deleting the update folder previously, well, you won't have other option than update, but, try to remove it before giving up.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The update will be gone for good and Wii U will try to update again, but it will fail all the times, giving the 105-3012 error.

And, as i said, make backup of your update folder, so, if the pop-up still occur even deleting the update folder previously, well, you won't have other option than update, but, try to remove it before giving up.

i'll follow the guide now, seems pretty easy to do.
will backup the update folder/and see how it goes.

but the guide does only tell how to block the updates, since the update has been downloaded already for me , should i back it up then delete it ?
and if i delete it, do i delete the 'update' folder or do i delete whats inside of it.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'll follow the guide now, seems pretty easy to do.
will backup the update folder/and see how it goes.

but the guide does only tell how to block the updates, since the update has been downloaded already for me , should i back it up then delete it ?
and if i delete it, do i delete the 'update' folder or do i delete whats inside of it.

Yeah, backup the entire update folder and delete it totally as the guide i show you says/write about.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even this guide is outdated or something like that: https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki ?

As i can see there, it shows to block Wii U updates and other stuff like that.

If you can access that, you can use Ftpii u everywhere and delete update folder following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/
I used FlimFlam's guide up to and including step 5. CBHC. Redid my connection when I got a new router but didn't block anything. Still on FW 99.99.99U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite +1