Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
i cant seem to make the sysupdater run. just getting black screen. I downloaded the later version. when I tried the old release of sysupdate it works but failed to get cia. And i tried the new version again but still getting black screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now I am trying the plaisysupdater. stuck in Hax init......
Keep trying, memchunkhax doesn't have 100% success rate...

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Deym, I had a bad feeling about it. Now I got an error after downgrade. An error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power. What can I do??? please help

What I did was, installed menuhax cause the plaisysupdater is not working with the browserhax. I was able to run the palisysupdater but got an error at the end. What should I do now? I dont want to touch anything yet. Should I power it off?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Deym, I had a bad feeling about it. Now I got an error after downgrade. An error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power. What can I do??? please help

What I did was, installed menuhax cause the plaisysupdater is not working with the browserhax. I was able to run the palisysupdater but got an error at the end. What should I do now? I dont want to touch anything yet. Should I power it off?
yes, ad try booting it without the sd card

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what happened, I just turned if off, did not pull out the sdcard, just allowed it to boot. Then it works, but not so sure yet if it is partial downgrade. I will try later on if i can install the CFW.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Here's what happened, I just turned if off, did not pull out the sdcard, just allowed it to boot. Then it works, but not so sure yet if it is partial downgrade. I will try later on if i can install the CFW.
Just use PlaiSysUpdater again.

I never did figure out how to find an easy way to download those. Some i did find had homebrew not yet downloaded so..
Buy Freakyforms Deluxe to get that entry point.

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I had an incomplete downgrade from 10.3.0-27E... It shows that it is already on 9.2.0-28E.. What will I do to run the downgrade again. should I update it first to 10.3. If yes, how can I do that through HBL using sysupdater? please help

mightypirate_tm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know you've updated the guide with Freakyhax, but it still says "NO HARDMOD IS REQUIRED IF YOU ARE BELOW OR ON 10.7" at the top.
Is this still true? Or we can now downgrade from 11.0.33 without hardmod thanks to freakyhax?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I know you've updated the guide with Freakyhax, but it still says "NO HARDMOD IS REQUIRED IF YOU ARE BELOW OR ON 10.7" at the top.
Is this still true? Or we can now downgrade from 11.0.33 without hardmod thanks to freakyhax?
you'll require a hardmod if you want to downgrade from 11.0+. I'll update the guide when it's possible without a hardmod. And yes, you don't require it for 10.7 below.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Is there already a working entry point for 10.6? And can I downgrade from 10.6J to 9.2U to have english language on my console.. Sorry for the newbie question because it's my first time to buy a 3ds unfortunately from Japan.
Yes, there are entrypoints on 10.6. If you dont already have homebrew access, you have the following options:
1. Get Powersaves and Ocarina of Time. Install the hacked save on the game. Run Homebrew.
2. Get Ocarina of Time.Get a friend who has Homebrew. Install OOTHax using his homebrewed 3DS on your Game. Run Homebrew.
3. Get Cubic Ninja. Run Homebrew.
4. Get Freakyforms Deluxe. Follow these instructions to run homebrew.
5. If you have Super Smash Bros and a New 3DS, and any of the following games: VVVVVV, Citizens of Earth, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Ocarina of Time, Install their respective exploits using smashhax to get homebrew.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
5. Hard to follow and seems unreliable based on the guides.
You just have to use smashhax for installing one of those exploits.
6. I ever I could manage to run Sysupdater, could I downgrade from 10.6J to 10.6U?
That would brick your console.
7. On BrowserHax, it seems that 10.6 is supported, could I use this?
No, it was patched with 10.6.
4. Japanese version not yet supported?
Buy a copy, because the Japanese version will soon be supported.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
There is also a separate file for SafeSysUpdater.cia, would I also put that in /3ds/SafeSysUpdater folder?
I hope an easier option arrives because I could not find the necessary items for hax which needs flashcarts
SafeSysUpdater.cia is only for Custom Firmware, which you don't have because you're on 10.7. You could try buying powersaves and a OOT cart to hax your 3DS

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I'll buy a Japanese OOT Cart but how much will the Powersave cost?
And also will I also need specific save file for 10.6J and where will I get those..i tried searching but some files are for 10.2U or E..thanks

I'm also looking into buying a sky3ds+ as my last option.. Do you advise using Sky3ds with Cubic Ninja to downgrade my firmware from 10.6 to 9.2 and then install CFW.. Or just use the sky3ds+ as it is without modifying my device.. Thanks

Just PM'ed you - I can apply the payload to your copy of OoT3D for just the cost of shipping it back to you. I do this for people on gbatemp.net because I lie to help with the scene...

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since i have a NAND backup of my New 3DS XL, shouldn't i be able to just downgrade 11.0 to (whatever firmware was on the NAND.bin i have) with a hardmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: