Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

GraveSoul29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another way to get the downgrade packs because the chaos emerald guys links you recommended suck monkey nuts. the linked site that guy has setup keeps telling me to sign up but everytime i try it never works out.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
is there another way to get the downgrade packs because the chaos emerald guys links you recommended suck monkey nuts. the linked site that guy has setup keeps telling me to sign up but everytime i try it never works out.
What the fuck? That is the best website to get the downgrade packs.
If you dont wanna signup, try 3DNUS.

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Please help, i cant go to hbl to install menuhax. Im on 9.5 O3ds. When I get into browser and type in yls8.mtheall/sliderhax.php it says the page could not be found. Please help

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Please help, i cant go to hbl to install menuhax. Im on 9.5 O3ds. When I get into browser and type in yls8.mtheall/sliderhax.php it says the page could not be found. Please help
scan the qr code here:
3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png

and yes zooming will help

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
How different is safesysupdater to Pleisysupdater?

I tried downloading the japanese update pack for new 3ds on Plailect's guide, the 2CA00 cia file was already removed but when I used Safesysupdater to check the files, it errored out on a mismatched md5 on a system title file...

By checking the files with Safesysupdater, it always seem to fail the 20900 cia file. Any help please.

Last edited by Nirmonculus,
Reactions: Jotamide

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since I last posted. I've already figured out how to open homebrew, fixed the internet browser problem and used the map edit. I just did some things. One last thing that's important thing that's important to me. I want to use the online multiplayer aspect, add friends and play with them in. Other games. But sadly the downgrade prevents me from that. Is there a way around this without upgrading? I'm not sure what to look for on google so I can't search for it. Also I just want to thank everyone for helping me and being patent with me and for working hard on these hacks for us..

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Ok since I last posted. I've already figured out how to open homebrew, fixed the internet browser problem and used the map edit. I just did some things. One last thing that's important thing that's important to me. I want to use the online multiplayer aspect, add friends and play with them in. Other games. But sadly the downgrade prevents me from that. Is there a way around this without upgrading? I'm not sure what to look for on google so I can't search for it. Also I just want to thank everyone for helping me and being patent with me and for working hard on these hacks for us..
Get an EmuNAND + Custom Firmware, or Install Arm9loaderhax.

MatyTheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, this may be off topic, but how long do new downgrade methods take to be discovered? I was dumb and a week before i got my Gateway 3ds cards i accidently updated my 3ds to 11.0. I understand that there currently arent any ways to downgrade or use the gateway card, but do you think that in a monthor so, it will be possable? I know i could harmod, but i dont have the tools nor experience. Any tips?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this may be off topic, but how long do new downgrade methods take to be discovered? I was dumb and a week before i got my Gateway 3ds cards i accidently updated my 3ds to 11.0. I understand that there currently arent any ways to downgrade or use the gateway card, but do you think that in a monthor so, it will be possable? I know i could harmod, but i dont have the tools nor experience. Any tips?
A week? A month? A year? You're asking an impossible question b/c no one knows. I wouldn't bet on anything too quick anymore though. Seems like Nintendo went all out with 11.x. If you really really want hax, send your 3ds to a hardmodder.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Arm9loaderhax+Custom Firmware probably
or
Custom Firmware
What is the region of your 3DS? Is it a *new* 3DS or and Old 3DS?

Yes, you have to follow the same steps, except while searching for the downgrade pack, you have to search for a New 3DS one. Oh yeah and you could Format your system (if you dont have any digital games) to reduce chances of Soft bricks. If you have a DNS set up on your Network connection(Like tubehax DNS o prevent updates), Remove it.

Thanks man you the best, you the real MVP

nbeyond

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i know may kinda a stupid question but how safe is this?! ^^ i´ve got a new 3Ds hyrule edition with 2 ips screens - fairly rare i suppose ^^ - so if this one gets bricked i wouldn´t be very amused... XD

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant seem to make the sysupdater run. just getting black screen. I downloaded the later version. when I tried the old release of sysupdate it works but failed to get cia. And i tried the new version again but still getting black screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now I am trying the plaisysupdater. stuck in Hax init......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end