Hardware Non-permanent RRoD?

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so wrong, you can fix the RROD with a real reflow and by fixing the chips cooling system.
Bolt mod etc ... Every experts have their own recipe but I assure you that every reflow I did on RROD xbox never came back .

EDIT : Also, I wanted to add that heatguns are made to scrap off old paint, not for fixing electronics FFS. (stop ruining fixable hardware !)

(About xenons and old mobos, it's indeed not a really good idea to spend a lot when you can buy a working one for a few bucks but stop doing this shit on expensive systems.)
There is no permanent fix for a RROD unless you change the board, a reflow with a new cooling system is just a temp fix. Some may last longer than others, but they always relapse.

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no permanent fix for a RROD unless you change the board, a reflow with a new cooling system is just a temp fix. Some may last longer than others, but they always relapse.
as is swapping chips on a working motherboard.

In time, every motherboards need a reflow mate.

As does any system built so far, you will always have chances to have fractured balls or whatever anomaly on it.

Even whiskers can appear on perfectly working system.

Anyway my RROD fixed xbox are working strong 3 years later so you know ...

Last edited by MisterTea,
Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem is RROD happens when the board is already warped, so Reballing doesn't solve the problem, since the contacts will disconnect again. The only method of fixing an RROD is replacing the warped MOBO and placing the Chips on the new board. Regardless of what method you use to reball, and trust me I've reballed systems before. Using the same mobo will result in RROD relapse, since you never solved the original problem which is a warped board.

This guy is trying to fix an RROD without changing parts, its not possible. You can only fix it if you have spare mobos on hand to do a reball with. So really its pointless, like I said.
Everytime you write its only to defend your point, and ypu keep in prooving that you have no experience at all in fixing rrod, i mean if you would know how it works, you would not keep on insisting on the fact that its unfixable.
And there's no such thing as a rrod mobo being warped lol.. yes it is fixable, yes i had great results, and yes your replies are useless.

To resume: i fixed tons of them and they still work.
you never was able to have long terme result, so you think its the same for everyone.

why do you keep in replying if its for useless reason? Leave this thread alone, you're not helping and your replay are only negative, this thread is to help the guy fix it, not to tell the guy that KSP never was able to fix rrod.
All you do is replying to insist that its unfixable just because you're so minded that it isnt, get your head out your ass and realize you are wrong and you atill have things to learn.

Go play on other threads, like in the EoF..

I have tons of small pc fans, should I add it+

Well it depends of the result you'il get when trying your console again.. then you'il see if the cpu is getting to hot. If it does, it might be a good idea to put one.

Reactions: MisterTea

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime you write its only to defend your point, and ypu keep in prooving that you have no experience at all in fixing rrod, i mean if you would know how it works, you would not keep on insisting on the fact that its unfixable.
And there's no such thing as a rrod mobo being warped lol.. yes it is fixable, yes i had great results, and yes your replies are useless.

To resume: i fixed tons of them and they still work.
you never was able to have long terme result, so you think its the same for everyone.

why do you keep in replying if its for useless reason? Leave this thread alone, you're not helping and your replay are only negative, this thread is to help the guy fix it, not to tell the guy that KSP never was able to fix rrod.
All you do is replying to insist that its unfixable just because you're so minded that it isnt, get your head out your ass and realize you are wrong and you atill have things to learn.

Go play on other threads, like in the EoF..

Well it depends of the result you'il get when trying your console again.. then you'il see if the cpu is getting to hot. If it does, it might be a good idea to put one.
Well if you sell Unicorn tears of course you're gonna say that Unicorns exist. I've reballed systems before, and some have lasted for quite some time, but none have ever been truly fixed. I'm not the only one who does mods, I know tons of guys who reball systems. If you're in the business of reballing yeah, sure you can fix it, its a safe lie. But if you're gonna be truthful, they can't be fixed permanently, due to the fact that in order to get an RROD the fractures must have happened to begin with which means the mobo has already warped to cause the fractures, so reballing it fixes the fractures and connects the chips back onto the board, but the original cause of the fractures is still there, all you've done is reconnected the solder points, until they fracture again.

Seems like all your posts are to prove that you are right, so maybe you should take your own advice. All my modder buddies agree that RROD can't be permanently fixed unless you change the board, and some of them have been modding systems forever. You can lie to your customers, but you know they can't be fixed. Some may get more life than others from a reball, that's all.

Not trying to piss on your lifes work, but just being honest. I've worked on PS3s and Xboxes, so I do know my shit.

Last edited by KSP,

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well if you sell Unicorn tears of course you're gonna say that Unicorns exist. I've reballed systems before, and some have lasted for quite some time, but none have ever been truly fixed. I'm not the only one who does mods, I know tons of guys who reball systems. If you're in the business of reballing yeah, sure you can fix it, its a safe lie. But if you're gonna be truthful, they can't be fixed permanently, due to the fact that in order to get an RROD the fractures must have happened to begin with which means the mobo has already warped to cause the fractures, so reballing it fixes the fractures and connects the chips back onto the board, but the original cause of the fractures is still there, all you've done is reconnected the solder points, until they fracture again.

Seems like all your posts are to prove that you are right, so maybe you should take your own advice. All my modder buddies agree that RROD can't be permanently fixed unless you change the board, and some of them have been modding systems forever. You can lie to your customers, but you know they can't be fixed. Some may get more life than others from a reball, that's all.

Not trying to piss on your lifes work, but just being honest. I've worked on PS3s and Xboxes, so I do know my shit.
You do know that ps3 are the easiest to fix and a good reflow is enough to fix them for good ?

Warping is ONE possible cause but 99 percent of the time the cause is an excessive temperature.

Fix the problem, fix the cause and it's gone mate.

But we are only promoting a fake fix because we are fucking liars, you know ;)

Reactions: puss2puss

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do know that PS3 are easier to fix yes, but we are talking about Xbox 360 here.
Most PS3 just need the HSP removed with a knife and the heat paste replaced on the actual chip. Most people never actually get to the PS3 chips thinking the HSP is the chip, but that's a different story.

Last edited by KSP,

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do know that PS3 are easier to fix yes, but we are talking about Xbox 360 here.

Fine, my bad but you can't say that RROD are not fixable just because you or your friend don't have the equipement/skill necessary to do so.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We got the skills, we just don't believe in Unicorns. Sadly, they don't exist, MATE.
A reball is a reball, nothing magical about it, MATE.

Last edited by KSP,

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Seems like all your posts are to prove that you are right, so maybe you should .
Lol..as i said in the firt reply: typical noob who just want to defend his point..

first i say: your replies are only to defend your point..
Then you say : all your posts are to prove you're right..

..you.re acting like a childish noob here.. all i want here is to share a bit of my kowledge to someone who's fixing his rrod, because tes, i did fixed a lot, and you arrive just for insisting its unfixable lol..negative and useless.

what you.re doing, is telling to someone who've fixed a lot of rrod, that its unfixable..isnt illogical??.. ah well...keep noobishing around..

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We got the skills, we just don't believe in Unicorns. Sadly, they don't exist, MATE.
your reflow profiles must be really shitty then (mate).

Oh also, what are you using for your reflows/reballs ?????

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol..as i said in the firt reply: typical noob who just want to defend his point..

first i say: your replies are only to defend your point..
Then you say : all your posts are to prove you're right..

..you.re acting like a childish noob here.. all i want here is to share a bit of my kowledge to someone who's fixing his rrod, because tes, i did fixed a lot, and you arrive just for insisting its unfixable lol..negative and useless.

what you.re doing, is telling to someone who've fixed a lot of rrod, that its unfixable..isnt illogical??.. ah well...keep noobishing around..

Dude, you're saying I'm acting childish, yet you're the one who started the conversation with Noob.
Go check around, I've been around the hacking scene for quite some time, and have been modding console since you were figuring out what a nand dump was.

I said RROD can be fixed but not permanently. I could have given the guy the exact same instructions as you did, but whats the point, since he doesn't plan on getting a new board, any fix is temporary to say the least.

You wanna be treated like a big boy, learn to talk like one.

Last edited by KSP,

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dude, you're saying I'm acting childish, yet you're the one who started the conversation with Noob.
Go check around, I've been around the hacking scene for quite some time, and have been modding console since you were figuring out what a nand dump was.

I said RROD can be fixed but not permanently. I could have given the guy the exact same instructions as you did, but whats the point, since he doesn't plan on getting a new board, any fix is temporary to say the least.

Please answer my last question.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your reflow profiles must be really shitty then (mate).

Oh also, what are you using for your reflows/reballs ?????
Can we have @KSP locked out of this thread?
Whatever floats your boat its your forum.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please answer my last question.
I don't reball systems for living cause its like selling snakeoil to dying children. I hack consoles for kicks, not as a profession, I got better stuff to do with my life.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course its not magical, its technical.

I dont care how long you've been on the scene, all i see from you on this thread is enough to know you're a noob..

And actually, i didnt start the conversation, you arrived saying we're all wrong about rrod being fixable and just gave you the reasons why it is, but you just kept on defending your point.. lime a typical noob,.

Anyway, not sure you keep on replying stuff that makes you look like a newbie if you're really not one.. you should take the time to think before posting,,

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whatever floats your boat its your forum.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't reball systems for living cause its like selling snakeoil to dying children. I hack consoles for kicks, not as a profession, I got better stuff to do with my life.
You didn't answer my question ...

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh well here the reason why you didnt learn the difference of a temporary fix and a permanent fix!
....For a living, my friend, for a living, what kind of a loser makes a living selling snakeoil to children, telling them that they can fix systems they can't fix. Wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Keep lying to children, and I'll keep calling you out on it.

The only noob here is a guy who insists on being to do something that even Microsoft can't do which is permanently fix an RROD. The official fix at MS for an RROD is replace the board. Why don't you go tell the folks that made the system how noobish they are, when some loser in their basement can supposedly perform magical feets that a billion dollar empire can't. You'd think if reballing was a viable fix, MS wouldn't be replacing boards.

MisterTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
....For a living, my friend, for a living, what kind of a loser makes a living selling snakeoil to children, telling them that they can fix systems they can't fix. Wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Keep lying to children, and I'll keep calling you out on it.

The only noob here is a guy who insists on being to do something that even Microsoft can't do which is permanently fix an RROD. The official fix at MS for an RROD is replace the board. Why don't you go tell the folks that made the system how noobish they are, when some loser in their basement can supposedly perform magical feets that a billion dollar empire can't. You'd think if reballing was a viable fix, MS wouldn't be replacing boards.
You have zero repartee and you don't add anything to support your claims.
Stop spitting on the work of others because you can't do it and have clearly no experience in it (omg so much years on the scene ...)

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't change the fact that according to MS who actually invented the system reballing is still a temp fix aimed a cheating children, which is why they replace the board.
Nothing wrong with a temp fix, if you're not charging money for it. I fixed RRODs for my friends before, but I've always told them that its a temp fix.

Now if you're charging people for a temp fix, than that would be dick move. You wouldn't know any such dicks would you?

Last edited by KSP,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...