News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
image.jpg

Two weeks ago we reported that HMD Global was set to present a refresh of the classic Nokia 3310 phone at this years Mobile World Congress in late February. And indeed, the firm presented the Nokia 3310, but it didn't turn out to be a 1:1 copy, but rather an updated version with more modern hardware. It has a full color 2.4 inch display, Nokia's Series 30+ OS, Bluetooth and 2G support, a removable 1200mAh battery etc. I have compiled all presented specs below:

- 2.4 inch full color QVGA display
- Snake is installed, albeit a modernized version
- Size: 115.6 x 51 x 12.8 mm
- Weighs 79.6g
- micro-SIM port
- 1200mAh battery, 31 days Standby time, 22 hours call time advertised
- It's running Nokia's own Series 30+ Operating System
- Bluetooth and 2G support (no 3G)
- Basic Opera Mini internet browser
- 16 MB internal memory for MP3 playback
- Storage can be extened with a microSD card up to 32 GB
- microUSB port (USB2.0)
- FM Radio integrated
- 2MP camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm headphone jack (take that, Apple!)
- Comes in black, red, grey and yellow
- Price: €49

In case you are wondering if it's still "indestructable", HMD Global claimed that the phone is "incredibly durable and reliable". An exact release date wasn't announced. People can sign up at Nokia's website to get notified when the phone will be available.

:arrow: Official Website
:arrow: Sources: 1, 2

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And everyone says it is a complete disappointment. The durability is nothing like it used to be.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh, it never clicked that the 4 times people had not appeared to make "4k" a thing and had got some practice in many years before. in this case qvga=quarter vga=320×240. That said that display looks bright and contrasty as you like. If you don't have to make a phone I have to hide in the shade/my coat to see while in the English sunshine then you are on to something good.

That said "16 megs for mp3 playback"... I am all for throwbacks but do you have to go out of your way to replicate the bad? Unless it meant 16 megabytes active memory/RAM, in which case why not just say MP3 playback? Was there some "to play quality mp3s then you need ?? megs of RAM" audiophool stuff I missed? Don't really mind if the option to stick a microSD in there is part of it.

Camera good enough for serial/model numbers and wire arrangements is nice to see as well.

Looks like they might well have pulled off a brickie/builder phone.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel that this is just them using the 3310 name to get attention.

I see that and it reminds me more of Nokias later phones, not the 3310 which I had at one point.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
these don't stand a chance in the mobile market no one has phones that look like them these days. they might be popular with 60+ guys though
There are tons of feature phones on the market (a lot of them by Nokia, too) and there is still a high demand for this type of phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1