Gaming No signal on PC monitor

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently, every time I turn my PC on, I'm greeted with a blank screen on my monitor and a "no signal" message. By this point, I have to turn the PC off by puling the plug and then plugging it back in. Sometimes I even press and hold the power button to turn it off.

After probably 7 times, it finally turns on and I finally get something on the screen and it works as normal. This always seems to happn every other day as some days it works perfectly the first time. I have no idea if it's because a PC part is dying or if this is something else.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you get no beeps im guessing your video card is waiving goodbye as it slowly walks off into the distance

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The strange thing is that I tried it on my GTX 560 card and it gets no signal but when I try and plug it into the motherboard's onboard graphics port, it STILL says no signal.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The strange thing is that I tried it on my GTX 560 card and it gets no signal but when I try and plug it into the motherboard's onboard graphics port, it STILL says no signal.

Could your onboard graphics be disabled in BIOS?

What about plugging the cable in and out of the monitor a bunch of times? Does that ever get the picture to come up? Anything else you can test the monitor on, or anything you can test on the computer? Could also possibly be RAM, how many sticks do you have?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could your onboard graphics be disabled in BIOS?

What about plugging the cable in and out of the monitor a bunch of times? Does that ever get the picture to come up? Anything else you can test the monitor on, or anything you can test on the computer? Could also possibly be RAM, how many sticks do you have?
Just one 8gb RAM stick. The other strange thing is that my graphic card has an HDMI port and when I plugged it into my HDTV when my PC wouldn't work, it also gives no signal on the HDTV.

Gamefreakjf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't use the power plug to shut off your PC, its not really a good idea. Your graphics card might be going bad. Next time you can get it to work, check the device manager and see if your onboard graphics is disabled or check the BIOS like he said.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My PC is running and I removed the cable from the graphic card to the onboard one. Still works so I guess the onboard is enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.