Hacking No-flashcart-hacking for 3ds?

lpm98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for some kind of easy-to-do software hack but I think that a flash card or modchip is more likely.

I

ishdeepsingh

donelwero said:
Yes it would be awesome to see how flashcarts actually kill the console. But yeah we'll get tons of Imagine: Crap games.
Kill the console? ok, answer a few questions...

How much is a 3ds? [answers in spoilers]
$250
What will happen a 3ds mode flashcart gets released? Will people STOP buying the 3ds, ruining sales?
NO! EVERYONE will get it
At $250 per console, with a hack released, will nintendo lose money?
Nope, gain
Now that Nintendo has money, Do you think they will just stop making games for the 3ds (good ones)
Nope. They want more sales, and they want people to keep the console, not sell it.
Does Piracy ruin a console?
It has always been happening on every console out today. It doesnt ruin it

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ishdeepsingh said:
donelwero said:
Yes it would be awesome to see how flashcarts actually kill the console. But yeah we'll get tons of Imagine: Crap games.

$250
What will happen a 3ds mode flashcart gets released? Will people STOP buying the 3ds, ruining sales?
NO! EVERYONE will get it
Nope, gain
Now that Nintendo has money, Do you think they will just stop making games for the 3ds (good ones)
Nope. They want more sales, and they want people to keep the console, not sell it.
All THIS

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ishdeepsingh said:
donelwero said:

$250
NO! EVERYONE will get it
Nope, gain
Complete conjecture, even if it does make sense.

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghork said:
nutella said:
The fact that the menus on the 3DS are similar to the Wii does not at all help with finding an exploit. Keep your expectations as low as possible. It's unlikely that we'll see something of any use for a long time, if at all.
I mean, because the menus are similar we could add channels like with the wii.

It's not that simple. This is not legos. It may look similar, but the whole system files are all probably very different.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
ishdeepsingh said:
donelwero said:

$250
Nothing to add
NO! EVERYONE will get it
Exactly, everyone will get a FLASHCARD! But the people who don't have a 3DS will not buy one because there is a flashcard.
Nope, gain
See the awnser above this one.
With a flashcard out, sales will drop because if the 3DS owners get a flashcard.. then why bother buying the game if you can get it for free off the internet?
It won't ruin the console, it will ruin the quality of the games. ex more shovelware!

Who agrees?

Luk@s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I think that people should read "old" topics first before making new ones. Personally, I've been watching this forum for quiet some time now and recently I decided to register.

However, as someone pointed out, people do not read and people do not search for info on the internet/forums/already opened topics first. It was always that way and it will continue to be....

I am impatient to see 3DS hacked too but c'mon people isn't there like more than 10 topics speculating about hacking? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be there but I have to stress that it should be more than enough to have 2 or 3....

And newcomers, please, search before posting a new thread, post in an "old" one instead. By doing so, this forum will be more clear or should I say "eye-friendly"...

That's just my opinion but I believe many feel the same way. If I offended anyone, it wasn't meant on purpose
smile.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've posted about this many times. It is indeed possible to configure a computer as a bogus DNS/Nintendo server, set your 3DS' DNS to your computer's IP, then let it connect and fool it into thinking it's connecting to Nintendo's service when it is actually connecting to your PC. Your PC can then send a bogus "firmware update" which is in reality a hacked firmware.

The firmware doesn't even need to be sophisticated. If it does as much as simply run code from a preset file on the SD card slot, someone can code an entire OS + ROM launcher without issues. This eliminates the need for a flashcart completely.

The problem is this requires hacking or uncovering the private key encryption of the 3DS plus faking digital signatures. In other words utterly defeating the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded