• Views 6,772
  • Replies 40
  • Likes 2

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking it up one was a steam boat as well. Not to mention mine carts being of a construction that could do something here

The power/energy thing could likely be handwaved away by types of magic as well. It need not be an every NPC thing either and instead be a tool of the gods or something.

I don't think it would add anything to the game other than being cool but it is not entirely out of line with the tech levels typically seen in the game.

So you really just don't understand my point at all then. It would be jarring and out of place, no matter what past Zelda games have had. Keep in mind that Spirit Tracks also takes place the absolute latest in any of the timelines so far. BotW is a follow up to Ocarina of Time so it would literally make no sense to have more advanced technology significantly earlier in one of the timelines than the technology available in the game taking place the latest in any of the timelines. (in fact based on the trailer we can determine that this game takes place 100 years after OoT, while Spirit Tracks takes place a bit over 200 years after OoT).

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: xile6
D

Deleted User

OP
Nintendo made a really cool Epona bike for Mario Kart 8 (amazing DLC content!) and it'd suit travelling around the BotW map so who knows, maybe Nintendo will reconsider and add it later. Also, the Epona bike would be way faster than Epona the Horse (sorta reminds me the Sonic names :P).

2692282-zelda1.jpg
its called "breath of the wild" just think about it... you are out and killing monsters, climbing trees and stuff and suddenly a huge horse motorcycle rises from nowhere... it will be ridiculous and inconstant with the general feel of the game...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As for the question of the OP can't you watch the following a few times and be happy with that?

As much of a Daytona USA geek I am, how did I possibly miss that quality meme back in 2014?

Ahem, but on-topic, it might be kind of neat to see some sort of steam-powered bike or something if they ever do a somewhat "futuristic" Zelda.

Reactions: Pleng
D

Deleted User

OP
As much of a Daytona USA geek I am, how did I possibly miss that quality meme back in 2014?

Ahem, but on-topic, it might be kind of neat to see some sort of steam-powered bike or something if they ever do a somewhat "futuristic" Zelda.
I cant see how they would make a futuristic zelda game. I mean, whats the point of a legendary sword when there are freaking miniguns/tanks/bazookas?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
its called "breath of the wild" just think about it... you are out and killing monsters, climbing trees and stuff and suddenly a huge horse motorcycle rises from nowhere... it will be ridiculous and inconstant with the general feel of the game...
Going out in the wild with that sexy Epona bike and admiring the wonderful nature -- Nothing like it!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the steampunk argument, but I still believe you can only take the tech so far within the Zelda series (unless they ever just go all for it with some bizarre distant future Zelda game), especially when you consider where in the timeline BotW takes place, its 100 years before Spirit Tracks. Granted its in a different timeline, but it seems incredibly unlikely that one timeline could get considerably further technologically in 100 years than another timeline did in 200 years.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reveal video had a robot shooting lasers. In twilight princess he rides a floating gear like a skateboard.

Yeah, but that's operated by magic, and magic has been a part of the series from the start. I suppose you could make a magic motorcycle, but that just sounds dumb.

D

Deleted User

OP
One thing I miss is the Goron roll from Majora's Mask, so much better than riding Epona.
the game itself is pretty slow... and summoning epona takes some 10 sec's each time, really annoying (compared to putting on a mask, 3 sec's max.)
also I played MM before OOT so I missed the C-pad camera control which was missing in oot... such a shame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.