Hacking No 5.5.X kexploit release in near future.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good one. They're impossible to find in the wild and you'll paying much much more for one on eBay.
To be fair you could ask the buyer if the Wii U is on firmware 5.3.2 or below.
If it's below you could use a game to update it to 5.3.2.
Not that this method is guaranteed to be cheaper, though.

Ahhhhh!!

Make people rebuy their games but they still wouldn't be able to play them? =)

Peasant detected, now initiating PCMR mode...

but maah games!
Let's make an exploit together pls.
You're just mad because you're poor, and spent all your money on your precious PC.
There's no point in getting a powerful PC since the human eye can only see 24fps.

I see you're one of those PC elitists.
How about you let people waste their money in peace?
If they want to waste their money, that's their decision.

What games? You spent all your money on your PC.

And I would never release any exploit given how entitled this community is.

Last edited by Margen67,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're just mad because you're poor, and spent all your money on your precious PC.
There's no point in getting a powerful PC since the human eye can only see 24fps.

I see you're one of the PC elitists.

but but =( 144fps, you need some glasses or something

It's all about the PS4 life, yo. PS4 master race.

=(

dauphin327

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair you could ask the buyer if the Wii U is on firmware 5.3.2 or below.
If it's below you could use a game to update it to 5.3.2.
Not that this method is guaranteed to be cheaper, though.

I see you're one of those PC elitists.

People who waste their fiat money like that are fools, since they waste it on a locked down system. See: http://defectivebydesign.org/

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... i've now opened four different tabs for threads related to this topic.

why can't we all just stick to that general hacking/homebrew discussion thread?

Reactions: TheDylantula

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... i've now opened four different tabs for threads related to this topic.

catching up on all of them takes too much time. why can't we all just stick to that general hacking/homebrew discussion thread?
tl;dr
There was a chance we could have gotten the kexploit for 5.5 this weekend, at least, that's what NWPlayer told us.
MrRean tried convincing MarioNumber1 to release the kexploit. Unfortunately, he said no.

What happened after that? Disappointment, obviously.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tl;dr
There was a chance we could have gotten the kexploit for 5.5 this weekend, at least, that's what NWPlayer told us.
MrRean tried convincing MarioNumber1 to release the kexploit. Unfortunately, he said no.

What happened after that? Disappointment, obviously.

He said no because he doesn't have such exploit. Textbook excuse of a liar.

It's like when a gaming site says they have an anonymous source ... it automatically means they're liars and have no source.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said no because he doesn't have such exploit. Textbook excuse of a liar.

It's like when a gaming site says they have an anonymous source ... it automatically means they're liars and have no source.
so loadiine and such were ported to 5.5.1 without having the ability to run them and port them to 5.5.1? awesome. would be cool if everting just magically developed itself like that.

Reactions: Marlon Venancio

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have that concern as well.
We obviously want some homebrew for the Wii U :P
This is Nintendo though, the communities tend to stick around for a long time. I'm not saying Wii U can't be different, but I'm hopeful. I mean, look at Project M, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, all still have thriving communities. Hell, people are making N64 HDMI mods nowadays. So I think this scene will stick around a while as long as the final firmware of the Wii U is exploitable.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Nintendo though, the communities tend to stick around for a long time. I'm not saying Wii U can't be different, but I'm hopeful. I mean, look at Project M, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, all still have thriving communities. Hell, people are making N64 HDMI mods nowadays. So I think this scene will stick around a while as long as the final firmware of the Wii U is exploitable.
Well, the Wii U is one of Nintendo's worst selling console. This may put into play how many hackers/modders actually own a Wii U.
Since those modders don't have access to the exploit, they probably do their work elsewhere (great example would probably be the 3DS).

As for stuff like Project M, that started off pretty early, iirc. Exploits weren't being kept private in the Wii days, iirc.

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the Wii U is one of Nintendo's worst selling console. This may put into play how many hackers/modders actually own a Wii U.
Since those modders don't have access to the exploit, they probably do their work elsewhere (great example would probably be the 3DS).

As for stuff like Project M, that started off pretty early, iirc. Exploits weren't being kept private in the Wii days, iirc.
You have a point there, but the worst selling Nintendo console before the Wii U was the GameCube and it still had a plenty strong community.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, back then, yeah. But nowadays the speedrun community has kept it alive with both Zeldas, Super Mario Sunshine, and the Super Monkey Balls.
Good point, but we're talking about hacking/modding here.
The Wii U probably won't die that fast (unless the rumors of Smash 4 coming to the NX are true), in terms of like, general stuff I guess.
In terms of modding though? That depends on the interest and accessibility. If people don't have the tools to be able to mod a game or create homebrew, they'll generally get bored and move on.
Hell, who knows, that might already be happening with the Wii U. Have we really seen anything amazing on the Wii U yet? Compare it to the Wii, or hell, even the 3DS.
The Wii U scene has been pretty underwhelming.

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point, but we're talking about hacking/modding here.
The Wii U probably won't die that fast (unless the rumors of Smash 4 coming to the NX are true), in terms of like, general stuff I guess.
In terms of modding though? That depends on the interest and accessibility. If people don't have the tools to be able to mod a game or create homebrew, they'll generally get bored and move on.
Hell, who knows, that might already be happening with the Wii U. Have we really seen anything amazing on the Wii U yet? Compare it to the Wii, or hell, even the 3DS.
The Wii U scene has been pretty underwhelming.
Well, the speedrun community often has tools developed to make practicing and such easier. Also, Melee has a TON of modders. Super Mario Sunshine modding is also gaining a lot of traction. But yeah, as of yet the Wii U developments have been pretty meh. Granted, the Wii U is less than half as old as the Wii. But I definitely agree with you that the community won't reach the great heights that the Wii or 3DS have. Although I'd argue that it's more due to the sales than the holding back of the exploit.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the speedrun community often has tools developed to make practicing and such easier. Also, Melee has a TON of modders. Super Mario Sunshine modding is also gaining a lot of traction. But yeah, as of yet the Wii U developments have been pretty meh. Granted, the Wii U is less than half as old as the Wii. But I definitely agree with you that the community won't reach the great heights that the Wii or 3DS have. Although I'd argue that it's more due to the sales than the holding back of the exploit.
Maybe? Obviously sales is a huge factor in it too, but if the kexploit was already in the public, I wouldn't be surprised if we got some cool stuff.
What would be better is if we got the IOSU exploit. Now, things would get so much interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi