Nitrohax (homebrew Action Replay alternative) now working as a .CIA!

A free alternative to Action Replay cheating devices for Nintendo DS games, Nitrohax, has been released in CIA format to work on the Nintendo 3DS. Download below, and this video made by @Apache Thunder and recorded by @Sasori will show it off!

Also:

Don't forget, that you currently need dev Luma3DS 6.0 or newer CFW and patched TwlBg.cxi before you can use this. So if you get the fat init failed error you don't patched dev launcher yet. More on that here:

https://github.com/ahezard/twl_firm_patcher

and a guide to use it here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-twl_firm_patcher.438703

:download:Download

Last edited by shutterbug2000, , Reason: Changed link to github release

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Since it starts in TWL mode now, do DSi enhanced games (like the Gen 5 Pokemon games) work? Or are they still broken since it reverts to NTR mode?

My Black 2 doesn't launch through Nitrohax still.
Neither was my issue with Soul Silver fixed...

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Soul Silver works for me, so maybe you have a bad AR code (or two).

It works for me too, through Nitrohax. But only through Nitrohax. The cartridge icon is blank and when I launch the game normally, it blackscreens after I load my saved game or starter a new game and finish the professor introduction. It doesn't go away when I remove Nitorhax, but it functions perfectly well on my other, non-hacked console, so I guess Nitrohax must have some weird leftover influence on my n3DS even after I remove it. I have no idea what it might be.

Last edited by eworm,

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works for me too, through Nitrohax. But only through Nitorhax. The cartridge icon is blank and when I launch the game normally, it blackscreens after I load my saved game or starter a new game and finish the professor introduction. It doesn't go away when I remove Nitorhax, but it functions perfectly well on my other, non-hacked console, so I guess Nitrohax must have some weird leftover influence on my n3DS even after I remove it. I have no idea what it might be.
It probably has to do with the patches you have to apply in order to get Nitrohax to work. Try installing the latest version of Nitrohax then disabling/removing the patch since the newest version doesn't need the patches.

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It probably has to do with the patches you have to apply in order to get Nitrohax to work. Try installing the latest version of Nitrohax then disabling/removing the patch since the newest version doesn't need the patches.
Oh, that's exactly what I hoped for with this version. But no, it didn't help.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
TWL games do not work with NitroHax currently. Not because of the mode it uses or switches to. but because the card init code is old and crappy. One day it will be fixed. Hopefully when that happens DSi Enhanced games will have full support. Since it boots in TWL mode, it would be simple to simply stay in TWL mode for DSi Enhanced games once support for them is properly implemented. This is more of a long term goal. Don't expect it anytime soon.

why it stucks at "Loading Codes"?

Sounds like the code xml you used is too large. use a smaller one. Must be 2.5MB or less. The larger it is, the longer it takes to load. Too large and it just hangs.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
If using emunand, you need to also install NitroHax to sysnand else it won't work. TWL_FIRM does not have emunand patches.
Nice, it worked! Thanks!

Edit:
Sorry, I mean that the program worked, but I don't know how to put the cheats.

I have my usrcheat.dat, but I don't know if I have to put that or other files, it asks for xml files, but I can't find any of they :\

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,
Reactions: Apache Thunder

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
The cheat.xml is included in the (now outdated) link to NitroHax on the first post of this thread.
I just tried to play with this online, using an Action Replay and it totally crashes when conects into wifi (Mario Kart DS).

If this isn't going to work for that, is going to be released something to use the real cartridges online (without buying anything) like a homebrew for 3DS instead of a cia?

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to play with this online, using an Action Replay and it totally crashes when conects into wifi (Mario Kart DS).

If this isn't going to work for that, is going to be released something to use the real cartridges online (without buying anything) like a homebrew for 3DS instead of a cia?

Tested wifi via a patched rom and it didn't crash. (booted gateway blue cart via NitroHax)

I don't own a legit cart of this game. But the wifi itself is functional. Might be bad cheat codes?

As for the XML issue. That's a known issue. I have told ahezard about it. The XML loading system is not optimized very well and needs to be rewritten anyway. Hopefully ahezard will have time to fix that soon.

Until then, just strip out all the games you don't own. I have an XML with jut 3 or 4 games and it works fine.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
New release of NitroHax:

https://github.com/ahezard/NitroHax/releases/tag/0.97.NTR

UI graphics updated to a new theme. (graphics courtesy of I'mReallyShiny)

The hang issue with large XMLs should be fixed for good now. Note however if you select a XML via the filebrowser it will still use the old load method so it will hange if the XML is larger then 800 or 900KB in that instance. But if it loads via the default path it should be fine.

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
New release of NitroHax:

https://github.com/ahezard/NitroHax/releases/tag/0.97.NTR

UI graphics updated to a new theme. (graphics courtesy of I'mReallyShiny)

The hang issue with large XMLs should be fixed for good now. Note however if you select a XML via the filebrowser it will still use the old load method so it will hange if the XML is larger then 800 or 900KB in that instance. But if it loads via the default path it should be fine.
With this version games dont launch now, i used mario party ds and freezes after i press start :/ (old version works fine)

JuanmaHL

Trophies
XP
Country
The 0.96 version works but 0.97 no. I will try to compile it btw
PD: Compiling by myself didnt work too :(, only the 0.96 boots the cartidge (Mario Party DS)

Last edited by JuanmaHL,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Build 0.98 now available:

https://github.com/ahezard/NitroHax/releases/tag/0.98.NTR

This build now includes the enhancements from NTR Launcher that should improve game compatibility. (though the changes will mostly help flashcarts for now). TWL carts still will not work.

The 0.96 version works but 0.97 no. I will try to compile it btw
PD: Compiling by myself didnt work too :(, only the 0.96 boots the cartidge (Mario Party DS)

Retest with 0.98.NTR. I included the improved card reset scheme from NTR Launcher. Hopefully should resolve your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: