Nippon Ichi’s Diving Into Social Games And Online Games

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nippon Ichi, developer of the Disgaea series, is expanding into social games. The company opened subsidiary in Japan called Dion Entertainment that will focus on social games as well as online games.

Dion Entertainment is already staffed with employees that have online game know-how. Dion Entertainment will plan, produce, and manage titles in the social and online game markets.

Social games are on the rise in Japan and console game makers have been adapting key franchises like Persona, Monster Hunter, and even Final Fantasy for smartphones. Given the popularity of Disgaea in the region, I wonder how long it will be until we see Disgaea Social: Prinny Tamer.

Source:Siliconera
http://www.siliconer...d-online-games/
I don't know how I feel about this. I think if they're good games I might play them. I hope Nippon Ichi does well.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Social games are the worst thing to hit the world market, they should go extinct and online games, if they are for consoles and handhelds I am all for it NIS can pull it off well, but MMOs hell no.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nippon Ichi, developer of the Disgaea series, is expanding into social games. The company opened subsidiary in Japan called Dion Entertainment that will focus on social games as well as online games.

Dion Entertainment is already staffed with employees that have online game know-how. Dion Entertainment will plan, produce, and manage titles in the social and online game markets.

Social games are on the rise in Japan and console game makers have been adapting key franchises like Persona, Monster Hunter, and even Final Fantasy for smartphones. Given the popularity of Disgaea in the region, I wonder how long it will be until we see Disgaea Social: Prinny Tamer.

Source:Siliconera
http://www.siliconer...d-online-games/
I don't know how I feel about this. I think if they're good games I might play them. I hope Nippon Ichi does well.
You can probably play em... if you're in Japan sporting em NTT Docomo phones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water