Hardware Nintndo did something weird with Switch's cartridges

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To prevent kids from eating it? lul
Toddlers will eat anything. My first Daddy Freak Out Moment was when my youngest was 18 months old and he walked up to me crunching on something and handed me the little metal cap and hook of a small glass Christmas Tree ornament.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I read on one spanish gaming news site that Nintendo put one substance called "denatonium benzoate" on Switch's cartridges. This substance makes the cartridges taste bad (Nintendo put that to avoid little kids eating the cartridges by accident).

I couldn't believe it, so today, when I got BoTW and 1 2 Switch I instantly licked (very little btw) the plastic from the cartridge, and... yes, they taste bad :rofl:

If you are still doubtful give your Switch cartridges a little lick (or grab one cartridge and then lick your fingers)

Wow, you really copy people like that. I will never never and never follow, copy, and listen to people like that. SILLY! I never copy anybody, period.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, copy what?
I just wanted to know if that was true

Copying this person that did it, lol. I saw it but I won't taste it. I would feel stupid or something. If it was not true or true, I wouldn't do it and leave it alone. You are so tempting easily. :)

Would you go for it if people tell you to pet the Gorilla when they said he won't hurt you if that was true ? Nonsense.

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Copying this person that did it, lol. I saw it but I won't taste it. I would feel stupid or something. If it was not true or true, I wouldn't do it and leave it alone. You are so tempting easily. :)

Would you go for it if people tell you to pet the Gorilla when they said he won't hurt you if that was true ? Nonsense.
Excuse me for being curious then

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not at all. I know exactly what this stuff is, it is used in antifreeze because propylene glycol is very, very bad. This stuff is also used commonly in hazing rituals because it is the most bitter substance known that is safe to ingest.

Actually, it isn't safe to ingest except in small quantities. It is just much less dangerous than the stuff they put it in and is so bitter that even for things like switch carts or nail-biting deterrent liquid only a small amount is necessary. So using it for hazing can be dangerous, especially if the pure stuff is used. But then again it only takes 10 grams of caffeine to kill a person.

Here is what the MSDS says.

INGESTION: May cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, and other symptoms of central nervous system depression. The material has a profoundly bitter taste, so ingestion of large amounts is very unlikely.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple youtubers have tested this already. Also, Nintendo confirmed they did this.
They did it to prevent kids from choking on the carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans