Hardware Nintendo's servers getting HAMMERED

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning for those who have purchased a Wii U already, you will be met with a system update and it will take an effing long time to go through (as of the time of this post at least). Most likely due to the fact that everyone and their mother (actually it's probably a lot of mothers) are downloading the same update causing an unintentional DDOS of Nintendo's systems

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most day ones on, well, anything online is miserable. MMOs, consoles, games, etc are all meh.

As much as you may hate it, it's worth waiting a day to update. I think you can still play the games offline until then.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning for those who have purchased a Wii U already, you will be met with a system update and it will take an effing long time to go through (as of the time of this post at least). Most likely due to the fact that everyone and their mother (actually it's probably a lot of mothers) are downloading the same update causing an unintentional DDOS of Nintendo's systems

The situation in a nutshell.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As guild said this happens pretty much every time anything launches that involves servers. You either attempt to download during the shitstorm or wait it out and download when things are stable.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most day ones on, well, anything online is miserable. MMOs, consoles, games, etc are all meh.

As much as you may hate it, it's worth waiting a day to update. I think you can still play the games offline until then.

I already got my update data and now I'm staring at the update screen. It's just flashing whatever it needs to flash at this point so I should be up and running in a few minutes

Also I know this happens, I'm not new to networking, I was just making this post for people who don't know that an insanely hyped online service is going to have trouble when everyone decides to try and use it at the same time. Bandwidth is finite, it's like when a building opens with one door and 500 people trying to squeeze into that single door all at the same time

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No you can't. As soon as I turned mine on this morning and configured network settings, it immediately prompted for the update. I didn't see anything where I could skip it. However, it didn't take me hours at all, only about 30-45 minutes.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No you can't. As soon as I turned mine on this morning and configured network settings, it immediately prompted for the update. I didn't see anything where I could skip it. However, it didn't take me hours at all, only about 30-45 minutes.
If you do not connect to the internet is does not ask to update. You can still use offline functions if you are, well, actually offline.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.