Hacking Nintendont

D

Deleted User

Just boot into Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel, press B to get into the options and enable Autoboot. Then if you select a GC game in WiiFlow, it will directly boot the game with Nintendont instead of showing the game list.

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot. I loaded Nintendont from HBC, selected USB and hit B to bring up settings. I toggled Autoboot on, and then loaded a game (tried exiting using home as well), but when I go back to Nintendont or WiiFlow, the autoboot option isn't enabled again. Is there some trick to save it?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
About racing wheel support, it DOES work, as reported here months ago:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-561#post-5067639

That is unbelieveable. Bongos need code but dance pad didn't? At least we can start getting dance pads added to the OP.

It is not that strange. A Dance pad provides button inputs like the GC pad. Same as most GC racing wheels, they substitute GC analog stick and button presses. A Bongo pad on the other hand, does not substitute a button press, but inputs clap and tap which are registered as different than button presses by their games.

I have the DDR dance mat from Dancing Stage Mario Mix and a V-Thunder Racing Wheel for GC.

BOTH WORK on Nintendont, and not just for their respective games, but as button inputs for almost all GC games.
8by8.gif

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER: Please don't mind my Devolution-focused signature, I promise I don't bite.

tl;dr: Is there some sort of official stance on fully customizable controls for bluetooth controllers?

I've been away from GBATemp for a while, so it's great to see that open-source Nintendont is progressing very nicely. Heck, even Devolution's killer-app for me, bluetooth controller support, is now a part of Nintendont, so I'm definitely going to be checking it out (especially if it doesn't require the user to press the "Home" button to activate a controller like Devolution does, which is a killer for my 59/60-year-old parents who can otherwise manage everything else themselves)

However, speaking of bluetooth controller support, I noticed that there is no mention whatsoever in the first post about even the remote possibility of fully customizable controls of bluetooth controllers, the only thing it said was that the controls are (currently) hard-coded. Even the "wishlist and suggests" make no mention of this. Heck there isn't even a mention about this functionality not being possible - it's just flat-out not even aknoledged as a thing.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DISCLAIMER: Please don't mind my Devolution-focused signature, I promise I don't bite.

I've been away from GBATemp for a while, so it's great to see that open-source Nintendont is progressing very nicely. Heck, even Devolution's killer-app for me, bluetooth controller support, is now a part of Nintendont, so I'm definitely going to be checking it out (especially if it doesn't require the user to press the "Home" button to activate a controller like Devolution does, which is a killer for my 59/60-year-old parents who can otherwise manage everything else themselves)

However, speaking of bluetooth controller support, I noticed that there is no mention whatsoever in the first post about even the remote possibility of fully customizable controls of bluetooth controllers, the only thing it said was that the controls are (currently) hard-coded. Even the "wishlist and suggests" make no mention of this. Heck there isn't even a mention about this functionality not[/i[ being possible - it's just flat-out not mentioned.

So uh, is there some sort of official stance that I can get on customizable controls for bluetooth controllers?

by pressing - on the controller the buttom layout of the a,b,x and y change but thats about it if you really want to costumize more than those 2 options you need to change it on the code and recompile it since bt dont use an external folder like HID devices the custom stuff isnt easy to do.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww, so the bluetooth controller support is pretty much the same as in Devolution...

That's disappointing, I wanted to be able to accelerate and brake with the A and B buttons in Midway Arcade Treasures 3. :( (it forces you to use the shoulder buttons even though the likes of Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder only support digital on-off acceleration & braking).

EDIT: Still, that doesn't really answer the question if such functionality would be possible or not, which was kind of what I was looking for in terms of an "official stance" from devs since, like I said, the first post makes absolutely no mention about whether it's even feasable or not.

EDIT 2:
The 360 isn't HID, it's Xinput, which is pretty much impossible to implement on the Wii/Wii U.
Well, Devolution r239 supports wired Xbox 360 controlers (which I tested and confirmed), so it's clearly not impossible...

Reactions: NEP

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded to 166 and ive been getting a ton of issues with getting stuck on checking fs during booting a game. I turn off the wii and turn it back on, and the exact same game works fine and no issues. Happened 5 times so far today, as i'm testing more games. Have never even once had this issue before.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I upgraded to 166 and ive been getting a ton of issues with getting stuck on checking fs during booting a game. I turn off the wii and turn it back on, and the exact same game works fine and no issues. Happened 5 times so far today, as i'm testing more games. Have never even once had this issue before.
are you putting the usb door in the correct port?
Aww, so the bluetooth controller support is pretty much the same as in Devolution...

That's disappointing, I wanted to be able to accelerate and brake with the A and B buttons in Midway Arcade Treasures 3. :( (it forces you to use the shoulder buttons even though the likes of Rush 2049 and Hydro Thunder only support digital on-off acceleration & braking).

EDIT: Still, that doesn't really answer the question if such functionality would be possible or not, which was kind of what I was looking for in terms of an "official stance" from devs since, like I said, the first post makes absolutely no mention about whether it's even feasable or not.

EDIT 2:

Well, Devolution r239 supports wired Xbox 360 controlers (which I tested and confirmed), so it's clearly not impossible...
sure its possible but devs would have to code en entire thing like hid just for the xbox controllers if anyone does want wiered xbox controller support you better donate some big ammount just the work for a single controller it will be huge.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Slow hdd, i got the same problem, try asking the devs for a delay when nintendo checks FS. ;)
(i know it works because i was fortunate to get a build that had the extra delay)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you putting the usb door in the correct port?

Yes, USB Loader GX does not even find a drive in the top port, just bottom.

Slow hdd, i got the same problem, try asking the devs for a delay when nintendo checks FS. ;)
(i know it works because i was fortunate to get a build that had the extra delay)

It is a USB3 1tb seagate hdd i bought new and as i said, up till this point, ive never had a single checking fs freeze, now i got 5 of them. Ive tested 100s of games in nintendont. Just a fyi.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, USB Loader GX does not even find a drive in the top port, just bottom.

It is a USB3 1tb seagate hdd i bought new and as i said, up till this point, ive never had a single checking fs freeze, now i got 5 of them. Ive tested 100s of games in nintendont. Just a fyi.
im guessing it doesnt have its own power supply? that seems to happen to alot of hdds that dont have their own power supply and usualy a y cable does the trick, but your hdd might just be slow.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unplugged my wii power, unplugged the hdd and replugged it in, and haven't had an issue with checking FS since, tried about 10+ games since. Looks like it was some fluke on my end.

Shrek Extra Large keeps rebooting itself, you press start or a to advance and then it goes back to the boot credits.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT 2:

Hmm, wasn't aware of that (haven't used Devolution before, but I won't bore ya with the details as to why i don't ;) :P ) Intriguing, still I imagine it is a pain to write the code to do it, someone would need to take a gander at the source to figure out just how it's done.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I unplugged my wii power, unplugged the hdd and replugged it in, and haven't had an issue with checking FS since, tried about 10+ games since. Looks like it was some fluke on my end.

Shrek Extra Large keeps rebooting itself, you press start or a to advance and then it goes back to the boot credits.
this is good to know probably most ppl dont know this but there is an exception list for games that reboot themselves to fix them of course the devs need to know what the games are to put them there, there are some games there like most ubisoft,godzilla,army men rts and some more so this is good to know do all shrek games reboot or just this one?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is good to know probably most ppl dont know this but there is an exception list for games that reboot themselves to fix them of course the devs need to know what the games are to put them there, there are some games there like most ubisoft,godzilla,army men rts and some more so this is good to know do all shrek games reboot or just this one?

I've since gotten stuck on Checking FS twice more, i think if others experience something similar, it might be an issue, or it might just be me. Only started with 166. Only Shrek Extra Large did it, every other shrek game was fine and got in game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone