Hacking Nintendont

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still got the freeze with mc emulation disabled, and on the first try too. Just because it worked one time for him doesn't mean it would work every time. As it still stands the crash rate is completely random.

But if you say you absolutely never got it, then it might be hardware specific just like those other titles. You're using a Wii U, right? I'm using a late 2008 Wii. It's an easy to test theory so it might be worth entertaining.
Any Wii U users having this problem?

Well I had the freeze with WiiU after chapter 1 when using pre 2.57. I saw someone mention the 59 block trick and tried it. He said he had got to chapter 4 without lockup.

Here are a few factors I can think we should check....

1. What is the MD5 for Fire Emblem and does the .iso being used match one dumped with cleanrip. I say this because I had multiple Geist isos that always locked. I finally borrowed from a buddy and dumped and it works. FE is rare game so most of us are likely using iso....If I had the damned game I would just use devo....lol.

2. Trimmed or not...l tend to stay away from it as it can cause problems so why add more variables.

3. I wonder if SD card speed is an issue for Virtual Memory card writes for some games. I am using a class10 32gb card to play FE but often use a class4 32gb to play all other confirmed working Nintendont games and it works fine.

BTW since I used fstfix and went uncompressed with Timesplitters 3 I have gotten thru 3 chapters without lockup. That is an awesome game and series....I wish they would make an HD trilogy and then a new game. Even though WiiU is only upscaling to 1080p some cube games look damned good for 10+ yrs old

Reactions: VinsCool

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bluetooth works on Pro Controller U Interworks?
0089655777031_500X500.jpg

I asked about third parties (chinese) pro controllers on previous posts. Some users reported that chinese black wii u pro controller with the wii u stamped in front are working. But another brazillian user said that interworks pro controller, the one with a wiimote embed, did not work with nintendont.

Do you already own one? or do you intend to buy one?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had the freeze with WiiU after chapter 1 when using pre 2.57. I saw someone mention the 59 block trick and tried it. He said he had got to chapter 4 without lockup.

1. What is the MD5 for Fire Emblem and does the .iso being used match one dumped with cleanrip. I say this because I had multiple Geist isos that always locked. I finally borrowed from a buddy and dumped and it works. FE is rare game so most of us are likely using iso....If I had the damned game I would just use devo....lol.

2. Trimmed or not...l tend to stay away from it as it can cause problems so why add more variables.

3. I wonder if SD card speed is an issue for Virtual Memory card writes for some games. I am using a class10 32gb card to play FE but often use a class4 32gb to play all other confirmed working Nintendont games and it works fine.

BTW since I used fstfix and went uncompressed with Timesplitters 3 I have gotten thru 3 chapters without lockup. That is an awesome game and series....I wish they would make an HD trilogy and then a new game. Even though WiiU is only upscaling to 1080p some cube games look damned good for 10+ yrs old

I couldn't be more certain my image is good, and it isn't trimmed.

Also, we have HDD users also experiencing the lockups, so it seems not to be speed-related.

Haven't tried the 59 block trick yet, but am not optimistic based on the issues report...

I know it's not totally relevant, but if anyone is struggling to play the game and is tired of trouble-shooting (how many old PC games have I spent hours fixing only to find out I'm sick of the game before I even manage to play it?), DML is not totally obsolete. It seems to run this game flawlessly.

gcpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still got the freeze with mc emulation disabled, and on the first try too. Just because it worked one time for him doesn't mean it would work every time. As it still stands the crash rate is completely random.

But if you say you absolutely never got it, then it might be hardware specific just like those other titles. You're using a Wii U, right? I'm using a late 2008 Wii. It's an easy to test theory so it might be worth entertaining.
Any Wii U users having this problem?

Hi, sorry my intrude but, if this help: i've tried Fire Emblem with 59blocks mc, individual, HDD, with rev 2.157, using an 200* Wii, and get freezy issue after 1 chapter...
So i'v reloaded with rev 2.152 of nintendont and works perfeclty.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There used to be a version of USB Loader GX that would ask to move GC games to the SD card for Nintendont's sake but I cant seem to find it anymore.

Thats only for running GC games off HDD with DML installed. It wont work for DM and Nintendont. Older versions of USB loaders wont support newer Nintendont anyway.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

I always verify the iso with redump before coming here, it's okay to have it trimmed. I really think mc emulation has nothing to do with it. It's possible but FE only writes/reads in the file select.
Hi, sorry my intrude but, if this help: i've tried Fire Emblem with 59blocks mc, individual, HDD, with rev 2.157, using an 200* Wii, and get freezy issue after 1 chapter...
So i'v reloaded with rev 2.152 of nintendont and works perfeclty.
This issue seems random, I think it was always present even in 2.152, if you didn't get it then it was luck.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's making a new 500 block memory card for each game so it has to keep formatting them. You need to turn multi memory card on if you want all the games to share a single memory card (only needs to format on the first boot)

As for your input lag: Using an adapter? Change your cord? Different controller? Your input lag should be like .1 second (pretty much unnoticeable)

I see so for each game it asks to format..
for example if I play Mario kart it asks to format, then I play tales symphonia it asks to format.
But the 2nd format in the other game wont erase Mario kart and will use the same memory card or whut?

Inputlag... I have it.. :( don't know why.
I use small 2.0 tb usb hdd that is powered by the wii 32 kb 512 sector.
with normal gamecube controller.. that is all..

I could record a video of it... I suppose with my phone.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At page 180 top list
yay, too bad mario kart dd presents some input lag which sucks and makes it unplayable for competitive gaming.

Seems other users are also sometimes experiencing this?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At page 180 top list
yay, too bad mario kart dd presents some input lag which sucks and makes it unplayable for competitive gaming.

Seems other users are also sometimes experiencing this?

Played several hours with a Original Wiimote+ original classic controller pro on my Wii U and I had no input lag. Using full iso on the Nintendont 2.159

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks, I tried it out but it wasnt able to detect one single game, but it did detect Errors in the raw image...

I could be wrong but it sounds like your problem is wrong device, meaning that you created the emumem on the SD and made a raw dump on your usd which is where the games are located, for example!

My games are on the usb, thats where i put my original Memory Card dump. I thought Nintendont would use it, because all saves were there. Some weeks ago I started playing e.g. Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time which I have never played with DIOS MIOS before. Saving was no problem.
Yesterday I wanted to transfer the save to Dolphin and noticed that in my original dump was no save of PoP! After that I found the ninmem.raw on my SD Card which I never put there. Nintendont seems to have created it by its own! And this is the file that is damged on PC although it works flawlessly with Nintendont. But I cannot transfer the saves of it to Dolphin.

Thanks to both of you for your help, I appreciate every other hint anyone can still give me!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested a new couple of games, Ikaruga (great shooter) and Bleach GC (Japan) both games worked perfectly fine!

On a different note, I was busy the past couple of days and forgot to test the older revisions of Nintendont (menu scrolling) anyway I tested Nintendont r127 (being the last rev that had Sonic CD working perfectly fine) and I can confirm that scrolling left/right was faster than up/down, I really really hate the new (left/right = new screen) option "I was thinking maybe it can be changed to (R/L) to change screen, or make up/down scroll faster like how left/right used to work in older revisions" anyway I could change the scrolling back to the older versions? I really suck at compiling so every piece of info is highly appreciated!

geheim naturally since your games are stored on the USB I figured you may accidentally tried to transfer the saves from SD instead, you see when Nintendont create a new save it's always corrupted, when you start the game and it asks you to create a save it will always inform you that it's corrupted, then it will ask you to format, you choose (OK) or (YES) and "the game" FIXES the corrupted save file, THEN Dolphin should be able to load it, however loading the original save file before being fixed will always result in Dolphin giving you that same error message!

gcpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I always verify the iso with redump before coming here, it's okay to have it trimmed. I really think mc emulation has nothing to do with it. It's possible but FE only writes/reads in the file select.

This issue seems random, I think it was always present even in 2.152, if you didn't get it then it was luck.

i've some doubt about it. I forgot to tell: after freezy with 2.157, i've tried to reload 2 times with the same rev and freezy in the same part, after "1 chapter". So only after this i've tried 2.152 version and works. Maybe is luck, maybe not hehehe, well, time to play and test the other chapters, is one way to discovery :lol:!!

Tested a new couple of games, Ikaruga (great shooter) and Bleach GC (Japan) both games worked perfectly fine!

On a different note, I was busy the past couple of days and forgot to test the older revisions of Nintendont (menu scrolling) anyway I tested Nintendont r127 (being the last rev that had Sonic CD working perfectly fine) and I can confirm that scrolling left/right was faster than up/down, I really really hate the new (left/right = new screen) option "I was thinking maybe it can be changed to (R/L) to change screen, or make up/down scroll faster like how left/right used to work in older revisions" anyway I could change the scrolling back to the older versions? I really suck at compiling so every piece of info is highly appreciated!

geheim naturally since your games are stored on the USB I figured you may accidentally tried to transfer the saves from SD instead, you see when Nintendont create a new save it's always corrupted, when you start the game and it asks you to create a save it will always inform you that it's corrupted, then it will ask you to format, you choose (OK) or (YES) and "the game" FIXES the corrupted save file, THEN Dolphin should be able to load it, however loading the original save file before being fixed will always result in Dolphin giving you that same error message!

Hey! one question! do you can tell me where i can find the olders revisions?in nintendont code page i can only see the changes, but cant download, i want to help with compatibility list testing some games and discovery what is the latast version playable, sorry my bad english.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested in r127 just for you. :) Your correct in that version the functions that return left/right are setup to return twice as fast as up/down. Since v2.159 they have been advancing 28 time as fast. How many games are in your game list? I am thinking about some sort of compromise. such as if over so many games go a page at a time if under go the old way.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I tested in r127 just for you. :) Your correct in that version the functions that return left/right are setup to return twice as fast as up/down. Since v2.159 they have been advancing 28 time as fast. How many games are in your game list? I am thinking about some sort of compromise. such as if over so many games go a page at a time if under go the old way.
I think I have over 150 games (maybe around 200 I forgot) I don't wanna be rude I was thinking if not make a compromise I'd like at least to figure out how to change it myself for my own personal use, but yeah what I want is to either make it so that up/down go double the speed or retain the old method and make it so pressing L/R changes the screen, I don't know why but the way changing the screen looks so odd for me I can't tell where the marker is and using up/down is very slow!

Hey! one question! do you can tell me where i can find the olders revisions?in nintendont code page i can only see the changes, but cant download, i want to help with compatibility list testing some games and discovery what is the latast version playable, sorry my bad english.
From the first post:
As of 2013-12-08, Crediar released the sources and provided a build newer than the Zelda preview alpha version.
Since 2014-04-27, a new project page is used and version 1.0 has been released.
Direct link to the latest revision: https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/loader/loader.dol

or, if you want to download a specific, older version:
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/rxx/trunk/loader/loader.dol
To download another and older version just edit ^ here, where it says "rxx", and replace the xx with the revision number you want. Example: r120.

Reactions: gcpro

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
way ahead of ya... No dice :(
Can you post some diagnostic info for me?
Start up CFG
click settings
click system
What is listed as the device?
What is listed as the partition?
click on the partition
what are EVERY character on every line of the partition table? make sure to include EVERY partition even if its unused or uninetlagable.
Dont change anything on that screen. Press B to back out of that screen. I dont want you to mess up anything you have working.

gcpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think I have over 150 games (maybe around 200 I forgot) I don't wanna be rude I was thinking if not make a compromise I'd like at least to figure out how to change it myself for my own personal use, but yeah what I want is to either make it so that up/down go double the speed or retain the old method and make it so pressing L/R changes the screen, I don't know why but the way changing the screen looks so odd for me I can't tell where the marker is and using up/down is very slow!

From the first post:

Oh man! thanks! i've tried this one time before and didin't work, i think i've put the wrong revision, now its work to me, thanks!!!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
LightyKD did u try my suggestion of totally clean setup, loading games from Nintendont not a loader(no CFG, USBL-GX) and no SD card? Doing this we can go step by step to isolate the problem. I have a 2TB HDD external powered with no issues so I don't think it's a 1TB capacity issue.

I'm on a Wii U and as someone posted, if your issue can't be replicated it's going to be very difficult to solve. Also do u have an alternate drive u can try?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Howard, I'll post your info in a few. Not near my Wii U right now.

@ Rican, I think something bigger than my Nintendont / HDD setup is going on as even the HBC refuses to show apps that are on a USB stick. I wonder if I'm having a IOS issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi