Hacking Nintendont

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Force widescreen is not an option to display in 4:3 or 16:9, it's an option to display more picture in the same amount of pixels.
It allow you to not have a stretched picture on a widescreen TV display. (circle to looks like circle instead of oval)
the option compress the pixel size ratio making the outer edge of the game's frame buffer appear on screen, the TV stretch them back (you lose quality but it doesn't look like your character is fat anymore)

If you want 4:3, change your TV display setting.
If your PC Monitor doesn't have that option, maybe your video card's driver does, check its settings.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Force widescreen is not an option to display in 4:3 or 16:9, it's an option to display more picture in the same amount of pixels.
It allow you to not have a stretched picture on a widescreen TV display. (circle to looks like circle instead of oval)
the option compress the pixel size ratio making the outer edge of the game's frame buffer appear on screen, the TV stretch them back (you lose quality but it doesn't look like your character is fat anymore)

If you want 4:3, change your TV display setting.
If your PC Monitor doesn't have that option, maybe your video card drive does, check its settings.

I don't have a tv and my monitor doesn't seem to have the option, it just tells me the picture's 1080p 60 hz. I even tried to change the Wii U setting to do 480p 4:3 on the HDMI but I still get 16:9 on the games. In fact it makes the blue homebrew channel 16:9 when I exit.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How i can play Tales of Symphonia PAL on NTSC TV, without black and white colors, screen flashes or black screen.

Forcing video, but I had played Paper Mario PAL in a friend house with forced video and stills seeing the same (in a Wii), so you need the NTSC ISO (if I'm not wrong, the component cable could help, but I'm not sure)

Reactions: FanLuigi

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, I can re-confirm the USB Keyboard ISN'T working, HIDTest recognize a little such device ID and these things, but id doesn't show any numbers, and if I press something, nothing happends, so we can say the keyboard doesn't work, at least for me.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I seem to be having some extremely rotten luck with Burnout 2, like, really bad luck. So, just went to redump.org to make sure the rip wasn't corrupted, and turns out, it's clean as it should be. SHA-1, MD5, CRC32 all match the ones found for the NTSC-U version. Just to doubly check, game was renamed to game.iso and placed in USB:/Games/Game ID/game.iso, in this case, Burnout uses the ID GB4E51 for this version. Every time I tried, I always got a dark grey screen, but it didn't freeze up as I could use the reset combo just fine and would bring me back to the Homebrew Channel, so that's good in that regard. Updated to version 2.148, which at the time of writing, is the most recent build, the config files were deleted after installing the new version, the logs were deleted, all files and folder hierarchy set up properly and yet, still the game refuses to load. However, user ShadowOne333 also has a clean dump and it works fine on his Wii as well, so either something is set up improperly on my end, the ISO image somehow got corrupted despite being verified as a clean dump on the site or I just rotten luck.

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

I know that in r2.146 Burnout 2 blackscreens. Dunno about r2.148 but there is a solution. :)
Use r133 or r127 for this game as i can confirm they run this game great. Only issue is no in game music yet.

Btw, keep in mind that USBLGX allows you to use many different builds of Nintendont for different games (just point it to the location of the Nintendont build you wanna use fro the game settings, it's the last option down below), so it doesn't need to be a ''one size fits all'' build of Nintendont. I personally use 3 different builds for my ~140 GC games collection.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It had a message that was creating a save, I was able to reset using the button combo, so it wasn't a disconnect, but it froze at the save creation screen. Yeah, which lead me to believe the ISO somehow got corrupted. I'll have to re-dump it, again, worked fine in Dios Mios and works on Dolphin, of all things.

I'll need to double check the SHA-1, MD5 and CRC.

Edit: Yep, the ISO got corrupted when I ripped it, does not match SHA-1, MD5 or any other hashes. Not good, will need to re-dump for sure.:rolleyes::P

The last time I played that game my controller worked strange, this is fixed now?

Reactions: FanLuigi

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*Disney's Tarzan Untamed (NTSC) works great without any graphical glitches using the latest build (just finished playing two levels).
*Pac-Man World Rally (NTSC) has in-game music now.
*Bust-A-Move 3000 (NTSC) analog controls are working fine.

Reactions: VinsCool

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't have a tv and my monitor doesn't seem to have the option, it just tells me the picture's 1080p 60 hz. I even tried to change the Wii U setting to do 480p 4:3 on the HDMI but I still get 16:9 on the games. In fact it makes the blue homebrew channel 16:9 when I exit.
I'm in the same boat. My TV has no way to force 4:3 over HDMI on the TV itself, so all GameCube games are arbitrarily displayed in widesceeen whether they support it or not. Usually, this results in a stretched image.

This is particularly annoying with Resident Evil Remake, Zero, 2 and 3. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any plans to add a force 4:3 pillarboxing option in Nintendont.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that in r2.146 Burnout 2 blackscreens. Dunno about r2.148 but there is a solution. :)
Use r133 or r127 for this game as i can confirm they run this game great. Only issue is no in game music yet.

Btw, keep in mind that USBLGX allows you to use many different builds of Nintendont for different games (just point it to the location of the Nintendont build you wanna use fro the game settings, it's the last option down below), so it doesn't need to be a ''one size fits all'' build of Nintendont. I personally use 3 different builds for my ~140 GC games collection.

Well, for some reason, the version of USB Loader GX didn't update (not hooked up to internet on Wii) so I downloaded it from Cyan's signature, the build that works with Nintendont, but uh, I must have copied the folder wrong, as I loaded if from the HBC and was not the 12xx version or whatever it was for cIOS 249. So yeah, that didn't work right, not sure what I did wrong. I need to know how to actually install it right as it's been so long.

The last time I played that game my controller worked strange, this is fixed now?

I checked my dump at redump.org, the image I had was indeed corrupted as it did not match the SHA-1, MD5 or CRC32 hashes, so I re-dumped the ISO and now it does match, so I'll try that again. Same with a few other games I have, some of the them didn't match but now do.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. My TV has no way to force 4:3 over HDMI on the TV itself, so all GameCube games are arbitrarily displayed in widesceeen whether they support it or not. Usually, this results in a stretched image.

This is particularly annoying with Resident Evil Remake, Zero, 2 and 3. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any plans to add a force 4:3 pillarboxing option in Nintendont.

Profound sadness ;_;

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Using the old HBC (that runs in 4:3 on newer firmwares unless you use a new forwarder) does not work. Or rather, it works with Wii games (and is useful for the Wii version of Resident Evil Zero) but Nintendont seems to override this and force the output back to 16:9.

AkiraCast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the old HBC (that runs in 4:3 on newer firmwares) does not work. Or rather, it works with Wii games (and is useful for the Wii version of Resident Evil Zero) but Nintendont seems to override this and force the output back to 16:9.

Yeah the Nintendont menu will even appear in 4:3 but once you're in-game it goes into 16:9.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm still having problems with wiiflow!, it doesn't work. when I select a game, the game doesn't starts, it only goes to the SD/USB screen in Nintendont. And if I select autoboot, it only start the game that I selected in the first time. If i select star fox, it'll be the only game that starts.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm still having problems with wiiflow!, it doesn't work. when I select a game, the game doesn't starts, it only goes to the SD/USB screen in Nintendont. And if I select autoboot, it only start the game that I selected in the first time. If i select star fox, it'll be the only game that starts.

Update your wiiflow, as dreamon indicates. Here's the direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...7LE_thtTAxBM-0njb3de6x27sLw&expiry=1408496619

Wiiflow 4.22 Beta Rev 1075 Mod2 is loading the games for me without any problems.
i've only selected Nintendont as the default GC loader from the wiiflow's settings.
it was a fresh install i did from the latest masterpiece pack. it boots directly into the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.