Hacking Nintendont

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F-Zero GX works great, but it freezes on the first story mission. Can anyone confirm this?
Mine froze also. It might have to do with timing. USB/SD. Wii/Wii U. Cache file/No Cache file. NTSC/PAL. As I said, mine wouldn't boot without the cache file, but it might be specific to my setup. I have no idea if it helps or hurts in game, just that it wouldn't boot without it for me.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine froze also. It might have to do with timing. USB/SD. Wii/Wii U. Cache file/No Cache file. NTSC/PAL. As I said, mine wouldn't boot without the cache file, but it might be specific to my setup. I have no idea if it helps or hurts in game, just that it wouldn't boot without it for me.
I've downloaded your cache.txt on my F-Zero GX (PAL), that cache works on any region?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PI_FIFO_WP bit fix.
-Fixes F-Zero GX

I needed a cache.txt file to make it to the main menu. I'll attach it to this post. It just caches the files used during boot, so it's probably not ideal.

Then this means..
F-Zero AX enabled through cheat codes!

HELL YEAH!!!
Take that you straight-up-whinny-b*tches saying that cheat codes were not important :D

One question though, the cache.txt you added is for F-Zero GX, right?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did some more testing and it looks like the game works without the cache on my end, but it still freezes in the same spot on story mode. Just to make things clear i used a shrunk iso.

Reactions: skihji

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tested F-Zero GX NTSC/PAL versions with v1.100 and got the same result as
Nemesis90. It's not necessary to load this game with a cache file but it will be
frozen on the story mode.(after starting the first mission)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wondering why aretn dbugging and osreport no longer working?

on the wiiu i put begugger on and os report on and all i get is ninconfig.bin and nloader which has reverted back to the broken 5 lines that was fixed on v92

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just wondering why aretn dbugging and osreport no longer working?

on the wiiu i put begugger on and os report on and all i get is ninconfig.bin and nloader which has reverted back to the broken 5 lines that was fixed on v92

Logs have been turned off in v1.86. If you want an ndebug.log, remove the // in line 4 of global.h.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested F-Zero GX NTSC/PAL versions with v1.100 and got the same result as
Nemesis90. It's not necessary to load this game with a cache file but it will be
frozen on the story mode.(after starting the first mission)
on NTSC version, I'm playing full story mode on PAL and runs purfect! use the pal version with your prefered language

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on NTSC version, I'm playing full story mode on PAL and runs purfect! use the pal version with your prefered language

the pal version freezes for me as well.

anyways, just uploaded r101:
-added the fatfs fastseek feature for ISO files which basically removes ingame loading times

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested 10 games with 1.101.

Wow that fixed pretty much every speed issue the program had, even the Star Fox Assault issue where it would boot slow when shrunk.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, those of you who are running the latest versions of nintendont on Wii U, what controller are you using? i used to use the ps3 controller, but r84 appears to have totally broken compatibility with ps3 controller (r83 works with ps3 controller without issues). even the latest version i.e. r101 doesn't fix the ps3 controller issue. i have reported it in their issues section here:

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/issues/detail?id=29

those of you who are also stuck in r83 because of this issue, please feel free to add to the thread. that way the devs may notice that this issue is not just me and is indeed affecting a lot of people and maybe put more importance in solving it.

also if any of you guys know any fix to the issue, i.e. use the latest version with the ps3 controller (maybe it still works with certain settings?), i would love to know about it. please do tell.

Reactions: VinsCool

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guys, those of you who are running the latest versions of nintendont on Wii U, what controller are you using? i used to use the ps3 controller, but r84 appears to have totally broken compatibility with ps3 controller (r83 works with ps3 controller without issues). even the latest version i.e. r101 doesn't fix the ps3 controller issue. i have reported it in their issues section here:

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/issues/detail?id=29

those of you who are also stuck in r83 because of this issue, please feel free to add to the thread. that way the devs may notice that this issue is not just me and is indeed affecting a lot of people and maybe put more importance in solving it.

also if any of you guys know any fix to the issue, i.e. use the latest version with the ps3 controller (maybe it still works with certain settings?), i would love to know about it. please do tell.
what games are you even trying? im using wiiu nintendont r101 with a ps3 controller and it works like it always did.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
really? i've tried mgs twin snakes, both us and eu versions, luigis mansion, resident evil remake, and the metroid prime games. what games are you playing with the ps3 controller which work without issues? and what are you settings in nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
really? i've tried mgs twin snakes, both us and eu versions, luigis mansion, resident evil remake, and the metroid prime games. what games are you playing with the ps3 controller which work without issues? and what are you settings in nintendont?
you are correct the ps3 controller does not work on metroid prime on r101 so i guess its the same for your other games since i dont play those i had controls on other games i guess it depends on the games lol but that is a real issue with some games guess the hid code got messed up somewhere.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes but you didn't tell tell which games you are playing on r101 which actually work with ps3 controller. i would love to try those out.

and by the way, all of the games that i listed had no controller problems working in r83. it looks like r84 broke the ps3 controller compatibility, which is the point i was making.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes but you didn't tell tell which games you are playing on r101 which actually work with ps3 controller. i would love to try those out.

and by the way, all of the games that i listed had no controller problems working in r83. it looks like r84 broke the ps3 controller compatibility, which is the point i was making.
well i was trying out some games to see if they would freeze further away from the start like splinter cell chaos theory which freezes 30 seconds or so ingame and the ps3 controller worked fine i didnt tryed anymore games yet on 101 but i remenber trying 007 agent under fire on 90ish and also had controls same for spyro games, over the hedje and such i think it depends on the games i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended