Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Is it just me, or does Wario World's graphics flake out with the latest releases of Nintendont?

2. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    I've got some images, but I'm new to the GBAtemp forums and am unsure where I can link images from. I uploaded them to imgur and tumblr but it won't take either of those as valid

Hopefully this should work?

. IMG_20171127_145304.jpg

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well your settings are okay so i have no idea why the games dont work for you are you isntalling them as injects or running on normal vwii? hdd or sd?

4. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    I've tried both. I've tried injecting them and installing them with WUP on my external, I fire it up, the Wii logo shows up and then the console shuts off. I try running it off of the sd card in vWii, nintendont gets to "Init..." and then the console shuts off. I don't get it.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    seems nintendont is not starting correctly maybe you have a corrupted controller.ini, ninconfig.bin or nintendont boot.dol

try deleting any controller.ini you might have on root of sdcard and ninconfig.bin and then redownload nintendont boot.dol.

WilliamAnderson likes this.
  6. Sirene

Sirene Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Tried today, still the same error...

7. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    There wasn't any controller.ini but there was a "nincnig.bin", deleted it and I got the iso to run within Nintendont. What do I do to generate another nincfg.bin so I can use injected games again? previously I used the Wii U USB helper and I think it made it for me.

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well if you have vwii unlocked just run nintendont there go into setting toogle what you want and then start any game you want it will be created and saved.

9. AleronIves

AleronIves Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    California
    Is there still no tool that will let you build a GC ISO that's aligned properly?

10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just use a valid ISO? They're only max ~1.5GB.

11. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    So I ran the game using Nintendont on vWii with no settings changed, that is without emulating a memory card. It runs. Then I switched just to emulating a memory card and it went back to shutting off the console when trying to load. Tried out different sizes of memory cards, same result each time. Also verified my MD5 was correct within Nintendont.

12. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Is your sd card legit? Is your sd card write protected? The little switch on the side. Can you copy anything to the card from pc.

Last edited by Columbo2811, Nov 28, 2017
  13. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    Yes. I was able to copy the SSBM iso to it. I've also been able to install games off of it which have run fine.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    oh its easy just delete the raw file of that game and every game that shuts the console off, im guessing it made corrupted save files that are crashing nintendont.

Last edited by pedro702, Nov 28, 2017
  15. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    Well, SSBM now works from the vWii Launcher, but now as far as I can tell none of my injections work. =/ They don't shut the console off, just freeze it on a black screen. Do I need to turn autoload on or something?

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    probably need a ninconfig bin with mcemu turned on on sd card.

17. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    Is there a good source for one of those somewhere or how do I generate a working one?

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well if you cant generate one its your sd card that is being faulty.

do this go to vwii start nintendont open up the settings and turn mcemu to on and wiiu widescreen if you want,then click b again and without exiting nintendont just start a game, any game on sd card, once the game starts nintendont settings are saved to sd card you can exit the game and try your vc inject.

19. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Is it possible to change the Wii U Gamepad's brightness settings once I booted Nintendont? Pressing the Home button takes me straight to the Wii U Menu, so...

(I'm using the Wii U USB Helper release, which acts as a channel. Not sure if this makes any difference.)

20. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    the gamepad has some builtin brightness control from what I remember by pressing start+up/down on the dpad that you can use in wii mode.