Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Florida

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    remenber some games dont work when compressed with dmtb either like wwe dor 1 and 2, kirby air ride,tales of games and afew more, the tool has some bugs on it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if not even vwii is working for you im preety sure your sd card is the problem, maybe its dying and such, do this forget about vc inject for awhile, grab a fat32 usb device and put the apps folder there with nintendont and a iso on games folder, then take out your sd card and launch the normal vwii hbc and choose nintendont from there, if it works from straight up usb then your sd card died or your wiiu sd card slot is dying.

3. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, i am thinking this is a sd issue, he said he has a sandisc micro sd,i gave him my exact setup for nintendont, and the same forwarder i was using, and had him running all kinds of tests, and the last test i had him run was to put a game on usb and run it in vwii, but he never got back to me to tell me if it worked or not, i think he was frustrated that nothing was working.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    could be his wiiu sd slot dying too thats why im asking him to try pure usb from vwii isntead of wiivc injection.

5. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I think alot of the people that are having the issue of nintendont forwarder not working could just be using a shitty micro SD adapter, or micro sd is finicky with nintendont, either way, i'm pointing t'words sd card issue

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    GCM is actually what the disc format is. It's not really an ISO since it doesn't adhere to the ISO9660 standard. (ISO9660 is a filesystem specification and Nintendo uses it's own.)

wicksand420 likes this.
  7. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    the sd card I'm using now is fairly new, but the adapter could very well possibly be the issue. I had huge problems with the last one I had too, now that I think about it. I should probably consider getting a regular sd card. I don't think my sd card slot is going on my Wii U though. My sd card's app load just fine, it's just my gamecube games and yes Nintendon't does work perfectly from usb in vWii Mode.

wicksand420 likes this.
  8. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Cool man, now that is some progress.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, i know, but the script we are using for the nintendont autoboot vc calls for a gamecube game renamed to gcm so it can differentiate between the wii game, called game.iso and the gamecube, called game.gcm, but also still a iso.

9. Frozen0tter

Frozen0tter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way to get rumble working on the wiiU gamepad when using GameCube injection?

10. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    not that anyone has found as far as i know

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nope gamepad rumble cant be called since classic controllers have no rumble and that is what is emulating.

Frozen0tter likes this.
  12. Frozen0tter

Frozen0tter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Of course. Completely forgot it was emulating the classic controller

13. zdv80

zdv80 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    Antarctica

wicksand, this is the same drive are you using? I never had problems with my old HDD, but I just bought a Toshiba Canvio 500Gb and now I always get code dumps in nintendon't... :S Doesn't work at all... And if I try to load the game in USB Loader GX appears the message that ISO is not found... :sad:
    Any ideas?? :unsure:

thanks!!

14. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    do you have a y-cable?

15. zdv80

zdv80 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    Antarctica
    Yes! Wii games load well... But not gamecube ones... :(
    I see in first post (I don't know if is outdated) that since v2.230 some drives stopped to work... Maybe I'll check for older versions...

16. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    how are you running your gamecube games? with USBLoader GX, if so you need to make sure the settings are correct in the USBLoader GX menu.

17. zdv80

zdv80 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    Antarctica
    Yes, I loaded perfectly my gamecube games from USBLoader GX in my old HDD. But now, the same games in same folder, with the Toshiba HDD appears and error that the ISO is not found...
    And If I launch directly nintendont from the Homebrew Channel, there's a Black screen Code Dump Error...

18. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    see if you still have your old copy of nintendont and try it, alot of people are experiencing black screen loading nintendont, maybe something broke in it that we haven't noticed in the newer versions.

19. zdv80

zdv80 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2010
    Antarctica
    I'm using the same nintendon't version than before... I will search an older one and try it...

Thanks!! :)

20. SAFELGPRECIADO

SAFELGPRECIADO Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    United States
    hey wickedsand i got a toshiba already does it have to be external