Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance the Switch Pro Controller will be supported?
Switch Pro controller uses standard HID instead of the custom protocol used by Wii and Wii U controllers, so it has the same problem as PS3/PS4 controllers. We'd need to add pairing and full HID support to the Nintendont Bluetooth stack.

Reactions: zeldaism

puff1983

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm running Nintendon't autoboot (through USB loader GX) and no matter what game I start, it boots into the very first game I choose. Autoboot is turned on both with USBLGX & Nintendon't. What is my dumbass doing wrong?

junioresp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And you told USB Loader GX where to look for gamecube games, to use nintendont and nintendont installed? I've read places that nintendont doesn't get detected properly in later versions of usb loader. are you using regular nintendont or a mod? Lastly, you do realize all usb loader gx will do is load nintendont with whatever game you selected? you literally save no time, just get pretty artwork.
Of course i told USB Loader to look for GameCube games and selected Nintendont as the main loader, and yes, i know Nintendont itself does what USB Loader should do, but yes, i do like pretty covers and a nice GUI.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm running Nintendon't autoboot (through USB loader GX) and no matter what game I start, it boots into the very first game I choose. Autoboot is turned on both with USBLGX & Nintendon't. What is my dumbass doing wrong?

What revision of USB Loader GX and Nintendont? (not "latest")

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying every configuration, but i can't make the latest version of USB Loader GX to recognize my GC isos, the Nintendont itself read everything fine, but why USB Loader doesn't read them? someone with the same problem?
On the top of the screen you should see a bunch of tiny icons. Click on the the 4th one from the left (it looks like an SD card next to a Wii console). Make sure GameCube games is checked.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
In case somebody missed it, I pushed 2 updates out the last 2 days fixing the following trash games:
-fixed bmx xxx with 480p yet again (broken since commit e6e1c6a)
-put dora the explorer into the manually invalidated disc data exception list to make it properly bootable (issue #400)

Speaking of updates, does/did Wave Race Blue Storm and Starfox Adventures have sound issues?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Speaking of updates, does/did Wave Race Blue Storm and Starfox Adventures have sound issues?
those did have sound issues back in like early 2014 when there were no audio streaming patches, I did write patches for nintendont in late 2014 though so those problems are loooooooong gone.

MilkeyWilkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
when an error has ocured message it usualy has to do with the game not recieveing the comands it needs in time.
could you try another usb device or sd card?
A Huge thank you for that, switched to another thumb drive and everything worked. But still, why does save files keep getting corrupted on disc change?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by CheatFreak47,

puff1983

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have encountered an issue. I'm not positive what causes it yet, but my save game for Resident Evil (2002, NTSC-U, GBIE08, playing on Wii U with Memcard Emulation) keeps getting corrupted. Now, I played all the way to the point where you have to swap discs without any issues. The only time I did face issues was after I had to swap discs, and only after shutting the system down and trying to load my saves again the next day. The other time, I forgot that I never saved on disc 2, so I had to swap back to disc 1 after initially attempting to load from disc 1. When I booted it up the following day, it was corrupted once again. The only thing that I did differently that I had never done before this issue was swap discs. Granted, I have only tested this about twice, and not even really with the intent of testing, so the connections I'm making could be total rubbish, but I'll try and test things a little more and see what happens. I can provide saves, if anyone else wants to try it out. I'm really hoping this isn't also an issue with the other RE games.

Last edited by XularusXIII,

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys
I've tried Nintendont on my wii today and it run very well but I have a problem:
I was playing to pk XD but after the game boot my wiimote plus wasn't more working. Which is the problem?I've readen all the guide and this is the only controller active so I don't know how use my wiimote plus.Please help!
Thank you in advance :)

*I don't think this is a problematic issue so I should be able to repair it with little

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys
I've tried Nintendont on my wii today and it run very well but I have a problem:
I was playing to pk XD but after the game boot my wiimote plus wasn't more working. Which is the problem?I've readen all the guide and this is the only controller active so I don't know how use my wiimote plus.Please help!
Thank you in advance :)

*I don't think this is a problematic issue so I should be able to repair it with little
You can't play using JUST a Wiimote. You need something attached to it for you to be able to use it like a classic controller or nunchuck.

MilkeyWilkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
I have encountered an issue. I'm not positive what causes it yet, but my save game for Resident Evil (2002, NTSC-U, GBIE08, playing on Wii U with Memcard Emulation) keeps getting corrupted. Now, I played all the way to the point where you have to swap discs without any issues. The only time I did face issues was after I had to swap discs, and only after shutting the system down and trying to load my saves again the next day. The other time, I forgot that I never saved on disc 2, so I had to swap back to disc 1 after initially attempting to load from disc 1. When I booted it up the following day, it was corrupted once again. The only thing that I did differently that I had never done before this issue was swap discs. Granted, I have only tested this about twice, and not even really with the intent of testing, so the connections I'm making could be total rubbish, but I'll try and test things a little more and see what happens. I can provide saves, if anyone else wants to try it out. I'm really hoping this isn't also an issue with the other RE games.
yes this IS the issue with other RE games, at least with re0 and I think that it's the issue with any 2 disc game

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes this IS the issue with other RE games, at least with re0 and I think that it's the issue with any 2 disc game

The question then becomes, if I swap discs and then try to save, will it work and then corrupt, or does the save data get corrupted immediately after swapping discs and are we prevented from progressing past a certain point in 2-disc games?

Last edited by XularusXIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back the
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back the