Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright my Y-Cable just came in. While after about 5 minutes it will load up all my games in Nintendont, this seems fairly long is this normal? While booting up USB loader GX it refuses to read the external hard drive, it gets stuck at trying to read a USB device. Is this common with people with over 300 back ups? Games load perfectly fine even when compressed I played them as well.

This is all in the newest version of Nintendont: 4.436.

Here is the cable I used:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00P0C4M5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
not sure what to tell you, i never had 300 games on my list tbh i mostly had around 50 at best.
But starting games on nintendont directly works fine?(after they show up)

try deleting ninconfig and redownloading nintendont boot.dol.

also maybe your hdd is in need of a good format, aboout usbloadergx i have no idea since i never haad any issue with it to begin with but like i said i never had that manny games on my hdd being wii or gc.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I just replaced the boot.dol with an earlier revision of Nintendont 3.334 everything loaded up within seconds and loaded within seconds. So i'm guessing it's an issue with 4.436. Still have an issue with USB loader GX :/ It won't recognise my drive.
i have a problem with usb loader gx too one workaround is to unplug drive untill usbloader gx says waiting for hdd. then plug in the drive. the other weird thing is that they y splitter cable doesnt work if i connect both to my wiiu, i have the main data cable connected to my wiiu and the other supplementary power is connected to a usb port on my computer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have a problem with usb loader gx too one workaround is to unplug drive untill usbloader gx says waiting for hdd. then plug in the drive. the other weird thing is that they y splitter cable doesnt work if i connect both to my wiiu, i have the main data cable connected to my wiiu and the other supplementary power is connected to a usb port on my computer.
do u have an externally powered usb drive?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unplug the drive and re-plug it in when it says waiting for the drive. It still does not read it. I unplug the drive and boot up usb loader GX and then plug in the drive and it still does not read it. The drive is not externally powered.
are u using a splitter?
cuz that was a problem as i stated. try plugging in the supplementary power to a pc usb or some other usb power source

I unplug the drive and re-plug it in when it says waiting for the drive. It still does not read it. I unplug the drive and boot up usb loader GX and then plug in the drive and it still does not read it. The drive is not externally powered.
you have to have the usb drive unplug before you even run usbloader then when it says waiting for hdd plug it in. also plug in supplementary power to another source other than another wiiu port. i had to do both of these things to get my drive to work.

are u using a splitter?
cuz that was a problem as i stated. try plugging in the supplementary power to a pc usb or some other usb power source

you have to have the usb drive unplug before you even run usbloader then when it says waiting for hdd plug it in. also plug in supplementary power to another source other than another wiiu port. i had to do both of these things to get my drive to work.
you can avoid all these headaches by just gettign an externally powered hdd. also i'm assuming you formatted the drive correctly. as in fat32

Reactions: cvskid

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
my guess would be a new clean format, without partitions and such a long format not one of those 5 min ones.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation" - turn that off. Also check for any hidden partitions like ones with tools for the drive on them.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just tested 4.436. It takes about 3 minutes to load 300+ games. USB loader GX loads within 10 seconds. Launching a game from USB loader GX does not show the GUI of loading the game within Nintendont. It's just a black screen. The game loaded however. I just reverted back to 3.334 of Nintendont.
that thing about launching from usbloader gx is on porpose, people complained they didnt wanted to see the gui when launching stuff from usblodergx.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excuse me but are there any plans to port Nintendont to Wii U RPX format? I mean launched from the Wii U itself, and not the vWii. Thanks.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me but are there any plans to port Nintendont to Wii U RPX format? I mean launched from the Wii U itself, and not the vWii. Thanks.
The best that could be done is a forwarder, similar to hbl2hbc. I'm not sure if anyone's done this yet, but I'd think it would be fairly trivial to modify hbl2hbc to tell it to load the Nintendont executable directly.

Nintendont won't run in Wii U mode due to the different memory map and GPU setup.

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When i open nintendont from the homebrew channel, then go to USB it comes up with an error:

WARNING: USB FAT device could not be opened.

Why wont it open??

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When i open nintendont from the homebrew channel, then go to USB it comes up with an error:

WARNING: USB FAT device could not be opened.

Why wont it open??
wii or wii?

maybe you dont have it correctly formated, nintendont needs a clean fat32 formating on any hdd or even sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: